|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Ardell specify that Pavlo killed?
(a) A child.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) An elderly farmer.
2. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Runs him through weapons drill.
(b) Punches Pavlo.
(c) Tells him to go home.
(d) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
3. Where do the Corporal and Pavlo meet for the first time?
(a) The swimming pool.
(b) At a bar.
(c) During drill.
(d) The recreation hall.
4. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(b) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
(c) That Pavlo killed another man.
(d) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
5. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A stand-in messenger for the Sergeant.
(b) Captain A.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Parham wearing when he first enters in Act 2, Part 3?
2. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
3. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
4. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
5. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)