|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Towers say that it is the soldiers' job to do?
(c) Stay steady.
(d) Bring home their unit.
2. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How his dad taught him to throw.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How he might not live.
(d) How he would cover the granade with his body.
3. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
(a) He gets so bored he has to tell stories.
(b) Parker asked him to tell.
(c) Kress and Parker were picking on him
(d) Kress asked him to tell.
4. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
(a) Took their weapons.
(b) Begged for forgiveness.
(c) Shot them dead.
(d) Spit in their faces.
5. What was Ardell's second marching song about in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) How enjoyable going home is.
(b) How tiring life is.
(c) How miserable army life is.
(d) How wonderful death is.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pavlo asks how the man in the Corporal's story "knew," what was the Corporal's answer?
2. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
3. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
4. What does Parham imagine himself doing towards the end of his life?
5. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)