|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
2. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) A ship hand.
(c) An American spy.
(d) A Jewish Rabbi.
3. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Begins singing.
(b) Asks Pierce not to go.
(c) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
(d) Refuses to go to formation.
4. Where does Ardell say he's from?
(b) New York.
5. What is jokingly mentioned at the fact that Pavlo is still in bed while the soldiers are playing a game?
(a) That he's masturbating.
(b) That he's studying his dreams.
(c) That he's mentally disturbed.
(d) That he's dreaming about his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Part 1, what is the marching song about?
2. What happens to Pavlo in Act 1, Part 4 after Pavlo first enters the barracks?
3. What does Pierce first drunkenly say to Pavlo?
4. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
5. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)