|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(b) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(c) How his dad taught him to throw.
(d) How he might not live.
3. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
(a) The game abruptly ends.
(b) The game continues and jokes are made about Pavlo.
(c) The trainees become confused.
(d) The trainees fight about what to do.
4. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Tells him to go home.
(b) Runs him through weapons drill.
(c) Punches Pavlo.
(d) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
5. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
(a) Kress and Parker were picking on him
(b) He gets so bored he has to tell stories.
(c) Kress asked him to tell.
(d) Parker asked him to tell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
2. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
3. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
4. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
5. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)