|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pavlo while Pierce, HInkle, and Kress are setting up their game?
(a) On the barrack floor doing push-ups.
(b) Doing pull-ups on the bunks.
(c) In the office on the phone.
(d) Under his blanket.
2. What is Ardell's first comment when he enters the barracks, in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That he was just sleeping.
(b) That the trainees can't take care of themselves.
(c) That he was waiting outside.
(d) How the fuss and noise is Pavlo's fault.
3. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
(a) Get a trip to Cambodia.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Get laid.
(d) Buy a new weapon.
4. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
(a) His uncle being executed.
(b) How he used to love fire.
(c) His mother's insanity.
(d) When he drank too much in high school.
5. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American spy.
(b) A ship hand.
(c) An American soldier.
(d) A Jewish Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
2. Where and when does this story take place?
3. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
4. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
5. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)