|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does the Corporal reveal he has been in when Pavlo and him first meet?
2. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Punches Pavlo.
(b) Runs him through weapons drill.
(c) Tells him to go home.
(d) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
3. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
(a) "The desire to destroy."
(b) "The spirit to kill."
(c) "The ability to listen."
(d) "The ability to kill."
4. Upon finding Pavlo in the state he is in, what does Hinkle do upon returning to the game?
(a) He wins the game and asks Pavlo to join.
(b) He makes jokes about how dumb Pavlo is.
(c) He tries to get Pierce to do something,
(d) He asks everyone to help.
5. What is the general response of the trainees to Hinkle's discovery about Pavlo's being in bed for too long?
(a) The game abruptly ends.
(b) The game continues and jokes are made about Pavlo.
(c) The trainees fight about what to do.
(d) The trainees become confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
2. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
3. What is happening in the barracks when Ardell first appears to find Pavlo near death?
4. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
5. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)