|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in the barracks when Ardell first appears to find Pavlo near death?
(a) The trainees are making fun of Pavlo.
(b) The trainees are getting Pavlo to stand up.
(c) Kress is making fun of Pavlo.
(d) Pavlo is fighting with Kress.
2. What kind of a game do Pierce, Hinkle, and Kress set up?
(c) Black Jack.
(d) Crazy eights.
3. What does Pierce first drunkenly say to Pavlo?
(a) That it's strange to be squad leader.
(b) That it's no fun being squad leader.
(c) That it's a riot being squad leader.
(d) That it's confusing being squad leader.
4. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
(a) If he enjoys killing.
(b) Does he know who did it.
(c) If he will go home.
(d) If he knows what happened.
5. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
(a) "The ability to listen."
(b) "The ability to kill."
(c) "The desire to destroy."
(d) "The spirit to kill."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
2. Who does Pierce say he is worried about while he is drunk talking with Pavlo?
3. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
4. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
5. What does Ardell instruct Pavlo on in the event of a gas attack?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)