|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
(a) "The spirit to kill."
(b) "The desire to destroy."
(c) "The ability to kill."
(d) "The ability to listen."
2. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
3. What is happening in the barracks when Ardell first appears to find Pavlo near death?
(a) Kress is making fun of Pavlo.
(b) The trainees are making fun of Pavlo.
(c) Pavlo is fighting with Kress.
(d) The trainees are getting Pavlo to stand up.
4. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
(a) How having a gun makes you weaker.
(b) How unfaithful women are when their men are at war.
(c) How they are only strong in numbers.
(d) How fun it is to be in the army.
5. Who in Towers's story to the trainees did Towers surprise during World War II?
(a) A Jewish man.
(b) A platoon of German Navy.
(c) A squad of German amory trucks.
(d) A German.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
2. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
3. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
4. Where do the Corporal and Pavlo meet for the first time?
5. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)