|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Captain A.
(c) A stand-in messenger for the Sergeant.
2. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(b) That Pavlo killed another man.
(c) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(d) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
3. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo is stupid.
(b) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
(c) That Pavlo is a girl.
(d) That Pavlo will be honored.
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How he might not live.
(d) How his dad taught him to throw.
5. What is Hinkle ordered to do upon the realization that Pavlo is close to death?
(a) To get a medic.
(b) To make up a story.
(c) To tell Ardell.
(d) To tell Towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Hinkle goes out of the barracks, what does Kress ask him to do?
2. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
3. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
4. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
5. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)