|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Assigned to infantry.
(b) Kicked out of the army.
(c) Promoted to Lieutenant
(d) Given a new weapon.
2. Who does Pavlo yell at to get off his bed?
3. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) In order to be a good soldier.
(b) Someone told him to.
(c) He can't stand still without practicing.
(d) He is bored.
4. What happens to Pavlo in Act 1, Part 4 after Pavlo first enters the barracks?
(a) He gets thrown out of the barracks.
(b) He is given a sedative.
(c) He is asked to "walk the plank."
(d) He gets beaten up.
5. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(b) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
(c) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(d) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
2. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
3. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
4. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
5. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)