|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(b) Recite his general orders.
(c) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
(d) Take off his jacket.
2. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Kicked out of the army.
(b) Given a new weapon.
(c) Assigned to infantry.
(d) Promoted to Lieutenant
3. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Asks another question.
(b) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(c) Tries to shoot Towers.
(d) Cries in front of Towers.
4. As Hinkle goes out of the barracks, what does Kress ask him to do?
(a) Never come back.
(b) Sing while he goes.
(c) Forget it ever happened.
(d) Get him a soda.
5. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Refuses to go to formation.
(b) Begins singing.
(c) Asks Pierce not to go.
(d) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hinkle realize Pavlo has done to himself while the other trainees are playing their game?
2. What are the soldiers in the barracks gambling with?
3. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
4. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
5. When Pavlo asks how the man in the Corporal's story "knew," what was the Corporal's answer?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)