|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He has to take care of the furnace.
(b) He was not at fault.
(c) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(d) He does not feel well.
2. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
(a) Cleaning the bathrooms for a month.
(b) Reporting to Tower at 4am each morning.
(c) Doing drill and going on a cross country hike.
(d) Not getting breakfast for a week.
3. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Taking the trainees on a 5 mile run.
(b) Making the soldiers make their beds five times in a row.
(c) Making the trainees stand outside for 5 hours.
(d) Taking the trainees on a hunting trip with no guns.
4. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
(b) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(c) That Pavlo killed another man.
(d) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
5. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
(a) How unfaithful women are when their men are at war.
(b) How they are only strong in numbers.
(c) How fun it is to be in the army.
(d) How having a gun makes you weaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
2. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
3. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
4. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
5. When Pavlo asks how the man in the Corporal's story "knew," what was the Corporal's answer?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)