|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Cries in front of Towers.
(b) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(c) Tries to shoot Towers.
(d) Asks another question.
2. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
(a) To hear and know.
(b) To run and move.
(c) To run and turn.
(d) To see and move.
3. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) In order to be a good soldier.
(b) He is bored.
(c) Someone told him to.
(d) He can't stand still without practicing.
4. When Pavlo asks how the man in the Corporal's story "knew," what was the Corporal's answer?
(a) That this was the way it should be.
(b) That he was a bit crazy.
(c) That he just "knew."
(d) That he had ESP.
5. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
(a) Whether he has any pride.
(b) What he wants to be in ten years.
(c) Why he is in the army.
(d) When he's leaving the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
2. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
3. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
4. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
5. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)