|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Lost his temper.
(c) Goes to church to pray.
(d) Apologizes in another letter.
2. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Get out.
(b) Stand up.
(c) Lie down.
3. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he might not live.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How his dad taught him to throw.
(d) How he would cover the granade with his body.
4. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
(a) His commanding officer.
(c) His brother.
(d) His lieutenant.
5. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(b) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(c) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(d) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the whistle blows?
2. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
3. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
4. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
5. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)