|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
(a) Reporting to Tower at 4am each morning.
(b) Cleaning the bathrooms for a month.
(c) Doing drill and going on a cross country hike.
(d) Not getting breakfast for a week.
2. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(b) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(c) That Pavlo killed another man.
(d) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
3. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
4. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Making the soldiers make their beds five times in a row.
(b) Taking the trainees on a hunting trip with no guns.
(c) Taking the trainees on a 5 mile run.
(d) Making the trainees stand outside for 5 hours.
5. Where do the Corporal and Pavlo meet for the first time?
(a) The swimming pool.
(b) The recreation hall.
(c) At a bar.
(d) During drill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
2. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
3. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
4. What happens after the whistle blows?
5. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)