|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Kress and Parker.
(b) Towers and Parker.
(c) Towers and Ardell.
(d) Ardell and Kress.
2. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(b) Tries to shoot Towers.
(c) Asks another question.
(d) Cries in front of Towers.
3. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He has to take care of the furnace.
(b) He was not at fault.
(c) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(d) He does not feel well.
4. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(b) Recite his general orders.
(c) Take off his jacket.
(d) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
5. What happens after the whistle blows?
(a) A messenger arrives.
(b) A squad of army recruits enter.
(c) Ardell leaves the room.
(d) Pavlo runs out of the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pavlo yell at to get off his bed?
2. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
3. When Pavlo asks how the man in the Corporal's story "knew," what was the Corporal's answer?
4. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
5. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)