|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
(a) He has been wounded.
(b) He had saved his own life.
(c) The explosion killed Pavlo himself.
(d) Ardell is his father.
2. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want her seeing his father.
(b) He didn't want to see her go.
(c) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
(d) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
3. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
(a) If he enjoys killing.
(b) Does he know who did it.
(c) If he will go home.
(d) If he knows what happened.
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How his dad taught him to throw.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How he might not live.
(d) How he would cover the granade with his body.
5. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
(a) Spit in their faces.
(b) Took their weapons.
(c) Begged for forgiveness.
(d) Shot them dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
2. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
3. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
4. Where and when does this story take place?
5. Where do the Corporal and Pavlo meet for the first time?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)