|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(b) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(c) How he might not live.
(d) How his dad taught him to throw.
2. What country does the Corporal reveal he has been in when Pavlo and him first meet?
3. According to the Corporal, what were the two Vietnamese in his story wearing, although asking for help?
(b) Dresses, although men.
(d) Satchel packets.
4. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Punches Pavlo.
(b) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
(c) Runs him through weapons drill.
(d) Tells him to go home.
5. What two words does Ardell claim will be of meaning to all people after this event?
(a) Division Five.
(b) Pavlo Hummel.
(c) Pavlo Boy.
(d) Joanna Hummel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
2. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
3. Where does Ardell say he's from?
4. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
5. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)