|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
(a) How having a gun makes you weaker.
(b) How they are only strong in numbers.
(c) How fun it is to be in the army.
(d) How unfaithful women are when their men are at war.
2. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
(a) Kress and Parker were picking on him
(b) He gets so bored he has to tell stories.
(c) Parker asked him to tell.
(d) Kress asked him to tell.
3. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(b) How he might not live.
(c) How his dad taught him to throw.
(d) How he would cover the granade with his body.
5. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Ardell and Kress.
(b) Kress and Parker.
(c) Towers and Parker.
(d) Towers and Ardell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does the Corporal reveal he has been in when Pavlo and him first meet?
2. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
3. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
4. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
5. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)