|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the whistle blows?
(a) Ardell leaves the room.
(b) A messenger arrives.
(c) A squad of army recruits enter.
(d) Pavlo runs out of the room.
2. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want to see her go.
(b) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
(c) He didn't want her seeing his father.
(d) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
3. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
(a) Where he's from.
(b) How many push-ups he can do.
(c) How old is he.
(d) Why did he join the army.
4. Where does Ardell say he's from?
(a) New York.
5. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
(a) Begged for forgiveness.
(b) Took their weapons.
(c) Shot them dead.
(d) Spit in their faces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
2. Where and when does this story take place?
3. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
4. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)