|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Get out.
2. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(d) A repairman.
3. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo is a girl.
(b) That Pavlo will be honored.
(c) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
(d) That Pavlo is stupid.
4. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
(a) Why he is in the army.
(b) Whether he has any pride.
(c) When he's leaving the army.
(d) What he wants to be in ten years.
5. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) A Jewish Rabbi.
(b) An American spy.
(c) A ship hand.
(d) An American soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
2. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
3. What two words does Ardell claim will be of meaning to all people after this event?
4. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
5. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)