|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) He is bored.
(b) In order to be a good soldier.
(c) He can't stand still without practicing.
(d) Someone told him to.
2. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
3. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) A Jewish Rabbi.
(c) A ship hand.
(d) An American spy.
4. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
(c) Doing push-ups.
5. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He yells at them
(b) He looks for his wallet.
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He does not recognize them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
2. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
3. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
4. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
5. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)