|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the whistle blows?
(a) Pavlo runs out of the room.
(b) A squad of army recruits enter.
(c) Ardell leaves the room.
(d) A messenger arrives.
2. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(b) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(c) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
(d) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
3. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Get out.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Stand up.
4. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He has to take care of the furnace.
(b) He does not feel well.
(c) He was not at fault.
(d) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
5. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(a) Take off his jacket.
(b) Recite his general orders.
(c) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
2. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
3. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
5. What is the occupation of the main character?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)