|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the whistle blows?
(a) A squad of army recruits enter.
(b) A messenger arrives.
(c) Ardell leaves the room.
(d) Pavlo runs out of the room.
2. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(b) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(c) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(d) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
3. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(b) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(c) That Pavlo killed another man.
(d) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
4. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(a) Recite his general orders.
(b) Take off his jacket.
(c) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
5. Where does Ardell say he's from?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
2. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
3. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
4. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
5. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)