|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) A Jewish Rabbi.
(b) An American spy.
(c) A ship hand.
(d) An American soldier.
2. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Refuses to go to formation.
(b) Asks Pierce not to go.
(c) Begins singing.
(d) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
3. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo will be honored.
(b) That Pavlo is a girl.
(c) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
(d) That Pavlo is stupid.
4. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Pavlo killed another man.
(b) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
(c) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(d) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
5. Where does Ardell say he's from?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
3. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
4. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
5. Where and when does this story take place?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)