|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(d) A repairman.
2. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
(c) Doing push-ups.
3. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
(b) Begins singing.
(c) Refuses to go to formation.
(d) Asks Pierce not to go.
4. Where does Ardell say he's from?
(d) New York.
5. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
(a) When he drank too much in high school.
(b) His uncle being executed.
(c) How he used to love fire.
(d) His mother's insanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
2. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
3. What is the occupation of the main character?
4. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
5. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)