|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
(b) Cries in front of Towers.
(c) Asks another question.
(d) Tries to shoot Towers.
2. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Captain A.
(c) A stand-in messenger for the Sergeant.
3. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He was not at fault.
(b) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(c) He has to take care of the furnace.
(d) He does not feel well.
4. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Towers and Parker.
(b) Kress and Parker.
(c) Towers and Ardell.
(d) Ardell and Kress.
5. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
(a) He had saved his own life.
(b) Ardell is his father.
(c) The explosion killed Pavlo himself.
(d) He has been wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
2. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
3. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
4. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
5. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)