|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
(b) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(c) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(d) During The Holocaust in 1940.
2. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
(a) His uncle being executed.
(b) How he used to love fire.
(c) His mother's insanity.
(d) When he drank too much in high school.
3. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
4. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
(b) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
(c) He didn't want to see her go.
(d) He didn't want her seeing his father.
5. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He looks for his wallet.
(b) He does not recognize them.
(c) He yells at them
(d) He becomes agitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ardell say he's from?
2. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
3. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
4. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
5. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)