|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he might not live.
(b) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(c) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(d) How his dad taught him to throw.
2. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Captain A.
(d) A stand-in messenger for the Sergeant.
3. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
(a) Kress and Parker were picking on him
(b) Kress asked him to tell.
(c) He gets so bored he has to tell stories.
(d) Parker asked him to tell.
4. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Punches Pavlo.
(b) Runs him through weapons drill.
(c) Tells him to go home.
(d) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
5. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(b) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
(c) That Pavlo killed another man.
(d) That Ardell was going to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
2. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
3. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
4. What is the occupation of the main character?
5. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)