|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(b) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
(c) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(d) During The Holocaust in 1940.
2. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Five years old.
3. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
(a) If he will go home.
(b) If he enjoys killing.
(c) If he knows what happened.
(d) Does he know who did it.
4. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
(a) That Pavlo will be honored.
(b) That Pavlo is stupid.
(c) That PAvlo doesn't have a family.
(d) That Pavlo is a girl.
5. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(b) How his dad taught him to throw.
(c) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(d) How he might not live.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
2. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
3. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
4. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
5. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)