|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
2. Where does Ardell say he's from?
(b) New York.
3. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He becomes agitated.
(b) He yells at them
(c) He looks for his wallet.
(d) He does not recognize them.
4. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(b) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(c) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
(d) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
5. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
(b) Doing push-ups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
2. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
3. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
5. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)