|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
(a) Kress asked him to tell.
(b) He gets so bored he has to tell stories.
(c) Kress and Parker were picking on him
(d) Parker asked him to tell.
2. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
(a) His uncle being executed.
(b) His mother's insanity.
(c) When he drank too much in high school.
(d) How he used to love fire.
3. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
(a) Where he's from.
(b) How many push-ups he can do.
(c) How old is he.
(d) Why did he join the army.
4. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(b) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
(c) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(d) During The Holocaust in 1940.
5. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Refuses to go to formation.
(b) Begins singing.
(c) Asks Pierce not to go.
(d) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
2. Where does Ardell say he's from?
3. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
4. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
5. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)