|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(b) That Ardell was going to kill him.
(c) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
(d) That Pavlo killed another man.
2. What two words does Ardell claim will be of meaning to all people after this event?
(a) Joanna Hummel.
(b) Pavlo Boy.
(c) Pavlo Hummel.
(d) Division Five.
3. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) A ship hand.
(b) An American spy.
(c) A Jewish Rabbi.
(d) An American soldier.
4. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Runs him through weapons drill.
(b) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
(c) Tells him to go home.
(d) Punches Pavlo.
5. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(b) He was not at fault.
(c) He does not feel well.
(d) He has to take care of the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
2. What relative(s) does Pavlo say he has?
3. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
4. What happens after the whistle blows?
5. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)