|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
(a) If he knows what happened.
(b) His age.
(c) Where he thinks he's going.
(d) If he has killed.
2. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
(b) Refuses to go to formation.
(c) Asks Pierce not to go.
(d) Begins singing.
3. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(b) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(c) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(d) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
4. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(d) A repairman.
5. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How his dad taught him to throw.
(d) How he might not live.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
2. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
3. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
4. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
5. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)