|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
(b) Punches Pavlo.
(c) Runs him through weapons drill.
(d) Tells him to go home.
2. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(c) He was not at fault.
(d) He has to take care of the furnace.
3. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Kress and Parker.
(b) Ardell and Kress.
(c) Towers and Ardell.
(d) Towers and Parker.
4. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
(b) He didn't want her seeing his father.
(c) He didn't want to see her go.
(d) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
5. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
(a) Lost his temper.
(b) Goes to church to pray.
(c) Goes to a bar.
(d) Apologizes in another letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
2. What happens after the whistle blows?
3. What is the occupation of the main character?
4. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
5. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)