|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(b) Get out.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Lie down.
2. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want to see her go.
(b) He didn't want her seeing his father.
(c) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
(d) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
3. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
(a) US Army.
(c) Army Boy.
4. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
(a) When he's leaving the army.
(b) Why he is in the army.
(c) What he wants to be in ten years.
(d) Whether he has any pride.
5. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Kress and Parker.
(b) Ardell and Kress.
(c) Towers and Parker.
(d) Towers and Ardell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
2. Where does Ardell say he's from?
3. Where and when does this story take place?
4. What is the second question to Pavlo from Ardell?
5. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)