|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want to see her go.
(b) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
(c) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
(d) He didn't want her seeing his father.
2. Where does Ardell say he's from?
(d) New York.
3. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(b) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(c) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(d) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
4. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He has to take care of the furnace.
(b) He was not at fault.
(c) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(d) He does not feel well.
5. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
(a) Lost his temper.
(b) Goes to church to pray.
(c) Goes to a bar.
(d) Apologizes in another letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
2. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
3. What does Pavlo realize after explaining what happened to Ardell?
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
5. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)