|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
(a) His uncle being executed.
(b) When he drank too much in high school.
(c) His mother's insanity.
(d) How he used to love fire.
2. What does Ardell do while helping Pavlo get dressed after his suicide attempt?
(a) Whistles a marching tune.
(b) Sings a marching song.
(c) Tells the other trainees to vacate the barrack.
(d) Yells at him to wake up.
3. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
4. When Pavlo first calls Joanna, what does he talk about?
(a) A creature in his chest.
(b) How he wants to come home.
(c) How he thinks she's cheating on him.
(d) How much he misses her.
5. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He has to take care of the furnace.
(b) He does not feel well.
(c) He was not at fault.
(d) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
2. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
3. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
4. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
5. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)