|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain first talk about as Mickey is preparing for a date?
(a) Cleaning orders for the trainees.
(b) The battles being fought in Vietnam.
(c) The laziness of the trainees.
(d) The way one must use a bayonet.
2. What is jokingly mentioned at the fact that Pavlo is still in bed while the soldiers are playing a game?
(a) That he's masturbating.
(b) That he's mentally disturbed.
(c) That he's dreaming about his father.
(d) That he's studying his dreams.
3. Who hangs up the phone?
(a) Pavlo's mother.
4. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
(a) Take off his jacket.
(b) Sing "When the Saints Go Marching In."
(c) Recite his general orders.
5. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
(a) "The ability to kill."
(b) "The ability to listen."
(c) "The spirit to kill."
(d) "The desire to destroy."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
2. What does Pavlo shout out at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
3. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
4. What kind of a game do Pierce, Hinkle, and Kress set up?
5. Who asks Pavlo about how it feels to be a mindless robot?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)