|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A stand-in messenger for the Sergeant.
(b) Captain A.
2. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Assigned to infantry.
(b) Promoted to Lieutenant
(c) Kicked out of the army.
(d) Given a new weapon.
3. What does Pierce first drunkenly say to Pavlo?
(a) That it's a riot being squad leader.
(b) That it's no fun being squad leader.
(c) That it's confusing being squad leader.
(d) That it's strange to be squad leader.
4. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
(b) He didn't want to see her go.
(c) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
(d) He didn't want her seeing his father.
5. What is Hinkle ordered to do upon the realization that Pavlo is close to death?
(a) To make up a story.
(b) To get a medic.
(c) To tell Ardell.
(d) To tell Towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pavlo is dressed after his suicide attempt, what does Ardell say that everyone is going to say about Pavlo?
2. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
3. What did the man in the Corporal's story do to the two Vietnamese people?
4. Who does Pavlo yell at to get off his bed?
5. What does Pavlo do when he sees Pierce coming after being beaten up by the other trainees?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)