Act 1, Part 1
1. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
(b) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(c) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(d) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
2. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) A Jewish Rabbi.
(c) A ship hand.
(d) An American spy.
3. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A repairman.
4. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Goes to church to pray.
(c) Lost his temper.
(d) Apologizes in another letter.
6. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Stand up.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Get out.
7. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
(a) If he knows what happened.
(b) Where he thinks he's going.
(c) If he has killed.
(d) His age.
This section contains 4,805 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)