Act 1, Part 1
1. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(b) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(c) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
(d) During The Holocaust in 1940.
2. What is the occupation of the main character?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) A Jewish Rabbi.
(c) A ship hand.
(d) An American spy.
3. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
(d) A repairman.
4. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
5. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Lost his temper.
(c) Goes to church to pray.
(d) Apologizes in another letter.
6. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Lie down.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Get out.
7. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
(a) If he has killed.
(b) Where he thinks he's going.
(c) His age.
(d) If he knows what happened.
This section contains 4,805 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)