|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allende sense at night?
(a) Paula's spirit moving about the house
(b) A sense of calm
(c) Impending doom
2. What job does Allende have in the early days of her marriage to Michael?
(a) Hair stylist
(b) TV broadcaster
(c) Bank teller
(d) Millinery salesperson
3. What does Allende give to Willie that makes him agree to marry her?
(a) A car
(b) A boat
(c) A ring
(d) An ultimatum
4. What had Allende kept from the military coups to inspire her writing?
(b) Newspaper clippings
(c) Political flyers
(d) Interviews from victims
5. Allende's second book addresses ______________ in Chile.
(a) Romance and spies
(b) Martial law
(c) The economy
(d) Ancestral heritage
Short Answer Questions
1. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
2. Where does Allende's lover want to run away to?
3. What does Allende wear most of the time when visiting Paula in the hospital?
4. What book does Allende write during this time?
5. What document did Allende send to Willie?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)