|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Allende kept from the military coups to inspire her writing?
(a) Political flyers
(c) Interviews from victims
(d) Newspaper clippings
2. Where is Paula sent for care?
(a) Rehab center
(c) Intensive care
(d) Allende's home
3. Which of the following did Allende not do during the time in Chile after the military coups?
(a) Took food to poor people
(b) Volunteer for the new government
(c) Organized a network of priests and nuns
(d) Helped people escape
4. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
(a) Teaching special education students
(b) Writing newspaper articles
(c) Working in retail
(d) Selling insurance
5. What book does Allende write during this time?
(a) The House of Cards
(b) The House of Commons
(c) The House that Jack Built
(d) The House of Spirits
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the third book Allende writes during this period?
2. What is the second book Allende writes during this period?
3. What does Allende give to Willie that makes him agree to marry her?
4. What does Allende's stepfather dress as to make an impression at Paula's school one day?
5. What does Allende wear most of the time when visiting Paula in the hospital?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)