|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Allende pledge to never use as a fictional character in anything she writes?
(b) Her mother
2. Why did Allende feel guilty about Paula's disease?
(a) For ignoring Paula's pleas for help
(b) For not noticing it earlier
(c) For passing on the tendency to get it
(d) For making fun of her symptoms
3. With whom does Allende and her family live with after their return home?
(a) Gigi and Papa
(b) Meme and Papa
(c) Meme and Tata
(d) Mama and Papa
4. What was Meme's special gift?
(a) Psychic abilities
(b) Making pies
(c) Sewing bridal gowns
(d) Giving speeches
5. What does Allende do after Paula has been in the hospital for 100 days?
(a) Goes back to San Francisco
(b) Pulls life support systems
(c) Sends her mother back to Chile
(d) Moves to Madrid
Short Answer Questions
1. Paula is eventually moved from intensive care to ___________________.
2. Which of the following did Tata not do after the death of Meme?
3. Where does Allende work in her first job after graduating high school?
4. What does Allende believe her task is at this point?
5. Who lures Allende into the woods for inappropriate reasons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was life like for Allende when she, Michael and the children returned to Chile in the 1960s?
2. How did Allende come to know Salvador Allende, the future president of Chile?
3. What definitive news does Allende receive about Paula's condition?
4. What topic does Allende turn to during the dark days of waiting at the hospital in Spain?
5. What are the details of transporting Paula to San Francisco and what is her medical state during the transfer?
6. Explain some of Allende's activities in Chile that put her family in danger.
7. Explain the courtship between Allende and her first husband, Michael.
8. What other relatives come to the hospital to visit Paula?
9. What scandal forces Allende to resign her job from a children's television show?
10. Describe Allende's parents.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)