|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what vehicle did Allende, Michael and Paula travel around Europe?
(a) Volkswagen camper
(c) Airstream trailer
2. Who dies when Allende is very young?
(a) Her mother
(d) Her father
3. In what city do Allende, her mother and brothers live with Tio Ramon while he works at the Chilean embassy?
(b) La Paz
(c) Rio de Janeiro
4. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
5. What was not hidden in Tio Ramon's wardrobe?
(b) Racy magazines
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the family put in front of the windows while living in Beirut?
2. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
3. Allende states that the only certainty of her life was _____________________.
4. Paula is eventually moved from intensive care to ___________________.
5. Allende bases a character in which of her books on her grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the format of the book.
2. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
3. How did Tio Ramon come to be a father figure for Allende?
4. What happens to Allende's family after the death of Meme?
5. What does Allende reveal about her love for nature and how she first came to realize it?
6. What are the circumstances that bring Allende back in contact with her father and his side of the family?
7. What other relatives come to the hospital to visit Paula?
8. Describe Allende's son, Nicolas, during his teenage years in Caracas.
9. How did Allende use art as a form of expression as a young girl?
10. How does Paula die?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)