Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allende tells Paula that Paula was Tata's _______________________.
(a) Reason for living
(b) Favorite singer
(c) Favorite game partner
(d) Favorite great grandchild
2. Why does Allende decide to write down her history and stories?
(a) To create a new book
(b) To help Paula reorient herself when she recovers
(c) To teach a writing class
(d) To give to the historical society
3. What gift does Allende remember getting for Christmas one year?
(a) Surf board
(b) A doll
(c) Roller skates
(d) Paints and brushes
4. What was Michael's occupation when they married?
(b) College student
5. What does Allende's mother give her to express herself?
(a) A diary
(b) A piano
(c) Drama lessons
(d) Dance lessons
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Allende learn to speak English?
2. In what business did Tata and his sons work?
3. Who is Ernesto?
4. What does Tata believe that Allende is lacking?
5. Where does Ernesto's father return to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic does Allende turn to during the dark days of waiting at the hospital in Spain?
2. How did Shakespeare's plays influence Allende's writing?
3. How does Allende explain her love for writing and telling stories?
4. What was the result of Allende's affair?
5. How did Tio Ramon come to be a father figure for Allende?
6. Why does Allende decide to write this book?
7. What does Allende do when her daughter slips into a coma?
8. What was Allende's job during the early days of her first marriage?
9. What does Allende reveal about her love for nature and how she first came to realize it?
10. What is the setting for this section of the book?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)