|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Allende remember getting for Christmas one year?
(a) Surf board
(b) Paints and brushes
(c) A doll
(d) Roller skates
2. What was Meme's special gift?
(a) Psychic abilities
(b) Making pies
(c) Giving speeches
(d) Sewing bridal gowns
3. How was Allende informed that her daughter was ill?
(a) Phone call
(b) Text message
4. What did Allende's mother do to make some extra money?
(a) Took care of children
(b) Freelance writing
(c) Catered parties
(d) Made hats
5. Which one of Allende's brothers was a great scholar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the marriage between Allende's parents?
2. How often is Allende allowed to see her daughter?
3. What was Pablo's passion?
4. What does Allende believe her task is at this point?
5. What does Allende think is the most beautiful part of Chile?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paula die?
2. How did Allende come to know Salvador Allende, the future president of Chile?
3. What does Allende share about her early school days in Santiago?
4. What topic does Allende turn to during the dark days of waiting at the hospital in Spain?
5. Compare Allende's physical surroundings with her internal state.
6. How old is Allende in this section and what is the state of her mental and physical conditions?
7. How does Allende explain her love for writing and telling stories?
8. What are the circumstances that bring Allende back in contact with her father and his side of the family?
9. How did Allende use art as a form of expression as a young girl?
10. What was life like for Allende when she, Michael and the children returned to Chile in the 1960s?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)