|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allende do after Paula has been in the hospital for 100 days?
(a) Goes back to San Francisco
(b) Sends her mother back to Chile
(c) Moves to Madrid
(d) Pulls life support systems
2. Allende bases a character in which of her books on her grandmother?
(a) Daughter of Fortune
(b) The Infinite Plan
(d) The House of Spirits
3. Where is Paula located when Allende visits her?
(a) A flat in London
(b) An apartment in Paris
(c) A movie studio in Los Angeles
(d) A hospital in Spain
4. How often is Allende allowed to see her daughter?
(a) Once a day
(b) There are no restrictions
(c) Twice a day
(d) Every hour
5. What does Allende try to force Paula's doctors to do?
(a) Turn off Paula's life support
(b) Wean Paula off oxygen
(c) Give Paula a blood transfusion
(d) Send Paula home
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paula do prior to her illness?
2. How old was Allende when she married her first husband, Michael?
3. In what business did Tata and his sons work?
4. What was Pablo's passion?
5. Where did Allende's family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allende do when her daughter slips into a coma?
2. What was the result of Allende's affair?
3. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
4. Why did Allende and her family have such a difficult time adapting to life in Caracas?
5. What loving acts do Paula's family members do prior to her death?
6. Explain the spiritual connection Allende has with Paula at this time.
7. Explain the courtship between Allende and her first husband, Michael.
9. What definitive news does Allende receive about Paula's condition?
10. What is Paula's initial diagnosis and how does Allende feel when she realizes the nature of her daughter's illness?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)