|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tio Ramon do for Allende's mother and brothers?
(a) Take them for rides in a car
(b) Take them to church
(c) Take them to ballgames
(d) Take them to the beach
2. Where was Allende's home at the time?
(c) New York
(d) San Francisco
3. What were Paula's last words to Allende before slipping into a coma?
(a) I'm scared
(b) I love you
(c) Pray for me
(d) Take care of Ernesto
4. What does Allende think is the most beautiful part of Chile?
(a) The valleys
(b) The night skies
(c) The cities
(d) The mountains
5. What does Allende take to help her sleep at night?
(c) Tylenol P.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been Allende's constant companion while in Madrid?
2. About whom does Allende have a frightening dream?
3. What is important to know about Paula at this time?
4. In what country was Allende visiting when she was notified about her daughter?
5. What does Allende believe her task is at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Allende come to know Salvador Allende, the future president of Chile?
2. Explain the courtship between Allende and her first husband, Michael.
3. How do Allende and Ernesto both let go of Paula?
4. How did Shakespeare's plays influence Allende's writing?
5. Describe Ernesto's devotion to his wife, Paula.
6. What was the influence of Uncle Pablo in Allende's life?
7. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
8. How did Allende use art as a form of expression as a young girl?
9. How does Paula die?
10. What was life like for the newly-married Allende and her first husband, Michael?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)