|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the family put in front of the windows while living in Beirut?
(b) Room darkening shades
(d) Potted plants
2. Who is Ernesto?
(a) Allende's husband
(b) Paula's son
(c) Paula's husband
(d) Paula's stepson
3. What does Allende try to force Paula's doctors to do?
(a) Wean Paula off oxygen
(b) Give Paula a blood transfusion
(c) Send Paula home
(d) Turn off Paula's life support
4. What did Paula do prior to her illness?
(a) Taught art history at a university
(b) Volunteered at the art institute
(c) Taught music theory
(d) Volunteered as a school psychologist
5. What is Ernesto's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does Allende have a frightening dream?
2. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
3. What position had Allende's father held in Peru?
4. Who was actually the policeman that Tio Ramon brought to the house to scare the children after they took chocolates?
5. To what city do Allende and her family return after the scandals in Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. What loving acts do Paula's family members do prior to her death?
2. What is Allende's wish for Paula now and what does Allende say she tries to do to make it happen?
3. How does Allende explain her love for writing and telling stories?
4. What was Allende's job during the early days of her first marriage?
5. What scandal forces Allende to resign her job from a children's television show?
6. Why did Allende and her family have such a difficult time adapting to life in Caracas?
7. Why is Allende so adamant about pushing the doctors to wean Paula off oxygen?
8. How did Shakespeare's plays influence Allende's writing?
9. Compare Allende's physical surroundings with her internal state.
10. How does Allende describe her time in Caracas?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)