|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the marriage between Allende's parents?
(a) They remained married
(b) They remained legally separated
(c) They divorced
(d) It was annulled
2. Which one of Allende's brothers was a great scholar?
3. What were Paula's last words to Allende before slipping into a coma?
(a) I love you
(b) I'm scared
(c) Take care of Ernesto
(d) Pray for me
4. In what city do Allende, her mother and brothers live with Tio Ramon while he works at the Chilean embassy?
(a) La Paz
(d) Rio de Janeiro
5. What did Tio Ramon do for Allende's mother and brothers?
(a) Take them to church
(b) Take them to ballgames
(c) Take them for rides in a car
(d) Take them to the beach
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Allende decide to write down her history and stories?
2. What did Allende's mother do to make some extra money?
3. How old was Allende when she met her current husband, Willie?
4. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
5. Which one of Allende's brothers ran away as a teenager and never returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paula's condition at this point in time?
2. What initiated Allende's writing her first book?
3. What happens to Allende's family after the death of Meme?
4. What is the setting for this section of the book?
5. How does Allende describe her time in Caracas?
6. What loving acts do Paula's family members do prior to her death?
7. How do Allende and Ernesto both let go of Paula?
8. What does Allende share about her early school days in Santiago?
9. What was Allende's job during the early days of her first marriage?
10. Who is Tio Ramon?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)