|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ernesto?
(a) Paula's husband
(b) Allende's husband
(c) Paula's stepson
(d) Paula's son
2. Paula is eventually moved from intensive care to ___________________.
(a) A six-bed ward
(b) Halfway house
3. Who falls in love with Allende's mother after the scandals?
(a) Pedro Garcia
(b) Tio Ramon
(c) Juan Valdez
(d) Jimmy Vasquez
4. Who is Pablo?
(a) Allende's boyfriend
(b) Allende's uncle
(c) Allende's brother
(d) Allende's father
5. Why did Allende feel guilty about Paula's disease?
(a) For making fun of her symptoms
(b) For ignoring Paula's pleas for help
(c) For not noticing it earlier
(d) For passing on the tendency to get it
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Allende's mother do to make some extra money?
2. Where does Allende work in her first job after graduating high school?
3. What happened to the marriage between Allende's parents?
4. With whom does Allende and her family live with after their return home?
5. To what city do Allende and her family return after the scandals in Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Allende and Ernesto differ in their outlooks for Paula's condition?
2. What was the influence of Uncle Pablo in Allende's life?
3. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
4. What is Allende's daily routine in the hospital as she sits with Paula?
5. Describe Allende's grandmother, Meme's special gifts.
6. What are Ernesto's perceptions of Paula at this point in time?
7. Explain some of Allende's activities in Chile that put her family in danger.
8. What was Allende's job during the early days of her first marriage?
9. How does Allende's distress about Paula exhibit in dreams?
10. When did writing become an expression for Allende?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)