|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Tata?
(a) Allende's gardener
(b) Allende's chauffeur
(c) Allende's poodle
(d) Allende's grandfather
2. When does Allende see her father again?
(a) When she gets married
(c) When she has a daughter
(d) Three years later
3. What was the initial report about Allende's daughter?
(a) She had avian flue
(b) She had the flu
(c) She had a stroke
(d) She had a heart attack
4. How old was Allende when she married her first husband, Michael?
5. What did the Allendes do at the mental institution?
(a) Pick fruit in the orchards
(b) Sing for patients
(c) Read to patients
(d) Visit relatives
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allende feel bad about her inability to do?
2. Who is Tio Ramon?
3. Who has been Allende's constant companion while in Madrid?
4. What did Allende's mother do to make some extra money?
5. What did Tio Ramon do for Allende's mother and brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old is Allende in this section and what is the state of her mental and physical conditions?
2. What is Allende's daily routine in the hospital as she sits with Paula?
3. Why is Allende so adamant about pushing the doctors to wean Paula off oxygen?
4. What were Allende's political beliefs and how did she feel about President Salvador Allende?
5. Why did Allende and her family have such a difficult time adapting to life in Caracas?
6. What topic does Allende turn to during the dark days of waiting at the hospital in Spain?
7. What was life like for the newly-married Allende and her first husband, Michael?
8. How does Paula die?
9. What other relatives come to the hospital to visit Paula?
10. What does Allende share about her early school days in Santiago?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)