|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the basis for Allende's writing as a child?
(a) Gift for gab
(b) Vivid imagination
(d) Outgoing personality
2. What is the title of Allende's most recent book at the time?
(a) The Ultimate Plan
(b) To Infinity and Beyond
(c) Infinity Never Ends
(d) The Infinite Plan
3. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
(a) The circus
(b) County fair
(c) Tractor pulls
(d) Wrestling matches
4. Which one of Allende's brothers ran away as a teenager and never returned?
5. Which of the following did Tata not do after the death of Meme?
(a) Paint all the furniture black
(c) Forbade music in the house
(d) Let the songbirds loose
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the initial report about Allende's daughter?
2. What did the Allendes do at the mental institution?
3. What is the name of Allende's husband and Paula's father?
4. What did Tio Ramon do for Allende's mother and brothers?
5. Where does Allende's mother work to support her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Allende use art as a form of expression as a young girl?
2. What was life like for the newly-married Allende and her first husband, Michael?
3. How does Allende's distress about Paula exhibit in dreams?
4. What scandal forces Allende to resign her job from a children's television show?
5. How does Allende's opinion of Tio Ramon change over the years?
6. What was life like for Allende when she, Michael and the children returned to Chile in the 1960s?
7. What initiated Allende's writing her first book?
8. Explain the spiritual connection Allende has with Paula at this time.
9. How old is Allende in this section and what is the state of her mental and physical conditions?
10. What loving acts do Paula's family members do prior to her death?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)