|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality was Michael?
2. How old is Allende when she returns to Tata's house from Lebanon?
3. What gift does Allende remember getting for Christmas one year?
(a) Paints and brushes
(b) Roller skates
(c) Surf board
(d) A doll
4. What were Paula's last words to Allende before slipping into a coma?
(a) I'm scared
(b) Pray for me
(c) I love you
(d) Take care of Ernesto
5. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
(a) Visits every day
(b) Leaves items under her pillow
(c) Makes tape recorded messages
(d) Brings flowers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Allende paint murals?
2. To what city do Allende and her family return after the scandals in Peru?
3. What did the Allendes do at the mental institution?
4. What was the family joke about Allende?
5. What is Ernesto's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of Allende's affair?
2. How do Allende and Ernesto differ in their outlooks for Paula's condition?
3. What scandal forces Allende to resign her job from a children's television show?
4. What is the setting for this section of the book?
5. What was life like for the newly-married Allende and her first husband, Michael?
6. Why is Allende so adamant about pushing the doctors to wean Paula off oxygen?
7. What loving acts do Paula's family members do prior to her death?
8. Explain some of Allende's activities in Chile that put her family in danger.
9. What are the circumstances that bring Allende back in contact with her father and his side of the family?
10. What was Allende's job during the early days of her first marriage?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)