|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city do Allende, her mother and brothers live with Tio Ramon while he works at the Chilean embassy?
(a) La Paz
(b) Rio de Janeiro
2. How often is Allende allowed to see her daughter?
(a) There are no restrictions
(b) Once a day
(c) Twice a day
(d) Every hour
3. Allende states that the only certainty of her life was _____________________.
(b) Her husband
(c) The hospital
(d) Her books
4. Who is Ernesto?
(a) Paula's stepson
(b) Allende's husband
(c) Paula's husband
(d) Paula's son
5. What position had Allende's father held in Peru?
(b) Secretary to the Chilean embassy
(c) Ambassador to the Chilean embassy
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Allende doing when notified about her daughter?
2. What nationality was Michael?
3. What was Pablo's passion?
4. What was the initial report about Allende's daughter?
5. With whom does Allende and her family live with after their return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Allende provide to begin her book?
2. What topic does Allende turn to during the dark days of waiting at the hospital in Spain?
3. Describe Tio Ramon's infatuation with Paula.
4. Describe the format of the book.
5. How do Allende and Ernesto differ in their outlooks for Paula's condition?
6. Explain some of Allende's activities in Chile that put her family in danger.
7. Why is Allende so grateful to have her mother with her in the hospital for a short while?
8. Why is Allende so adamant about pushing the doctors to wean Paula off oxygen?
9. What scandal forces Allende to resign her job from a children's television show?
10. What is Allende's wish for Paula now and what does Allende say she tries to do to make it happen?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)