|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what business did Tata and his sons work?
2. Where does Allende work in her first job after graduating high school?
(a) The United Nations
(b) The CIA
(c) A dress shop
(d) The Smithsonian
3. Who has been Allende's constant companion while in Madrid?
(b) Her mother
4. Who is Meme?
(a) Allende's aunt
(b) Allende's poodle
(c) Allende's grandmother
(d) Allende's daughter
5. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
(a) Makes tape recorded messages
(b) Visits every day
(c) Leaves items under her pillow
(d) Brings flowers
Short Answer Questions
1. Allende tells Paula that Paula was Tata's _______________________.
2. Who is Ernesto?
3. What had Allende recently completed?
4. Who is Tio Ramon?
5. What was Michael's occupation when they married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Allende and her family have such a difficult time adapting to life in Caracas?
2. How does Allende's opinion of Tio Ramon change over the years?
3. Explain the courtship between Allende and her first husband, Michael.
4. What was the influence of Uncle Pablo in Allende's life?
5. Describe the format of the book.
6. What are the details of transporting Paula to San Francisco and what is her medical state during the transfer?
8. What does the author call this section of the book?
9. What scandal forces Allende to resign her job from a children's television show?
10. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)