|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tio give Allende on her ninth birthday?
(a) Complete set of William Shakespeare's works
(b) A life sized doll
(c) A princess outfit
(d) A bicycle
2. With whom does Allende and her family live with after their return home?
(a) Mama and Papa
(b) Meme and Papa
(c) Meme and Tata
(d) Gigi and Papa
3. Who is Tomas?
(a) Allende's son
(b) Allende's brother
(c) Allende's father
(d) Allende's grandfather
4. What was the family joke about Allende?
(a) Her ears are so big
(b) She walked like a duck
(c) She squeaked when she laughed
(d) If her mother took the right child from the hospital
5. Where does Allende's mother work to support her children?
(a) An insurance office
(b) A hair salon
(c) A bank
(d) A restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willie?
2. What happens when Allende's father is involved in scandals in Peru?
3. Isabel Allende is a native of what country?
4. What is the title of Allende's most recent book at the time?
5. Who did Allende pledge to never use as a fictional character in anything she writes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allende do when her daughter slips into a coma?
2. How old is Allende in this section and what is the state of her mental and physical conditions?
3. How does Allende's distress about Paula exhibit in dreams?
4. What was life like for Allende when she, Michael and the children returned to Chile in the 1960s?
5. What are the details of transporting Paula to San Francisco and what is her medical state during the transfer?
6. What are some of the positive and negative effects of Salvador Allende's election to president of Chile?
7. What initiated Allende's writing her first book?
8. How does Allende explain her love for writing and telling stories?
9. What loving acts do Paula's family members do prior to her death?
10. What information does Allende provide to begin her book?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)