|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willie?
(a) Allende's husband
(b) Allende's accountant
(c) Allende's driver
(d) Allende's editor
2. What does Allende feel bad about her inability to do?
(b) Finish her new book
(c) Stay at the hospital
(d) Put Paula in God's hands
3. What does Allende try to force Paula's doctors to do?
(a) Give Paula a blood transfusion
(b) Turn off Paula's life support
(c) Send Paula home
(d) Wean Paula off oxygen
4. When does Allende see her father again?
(a) When she has a daughter
(b) When she gets married
(d) Three years later
5. What does Allende do after Paula has been in the hospital for 100 days?
(a) Pulls life support systems
(b) Goes back to San Francisco
(c) Sends her mother back to Chile
(d) Moves to Madrid
Short Answer Questions
1. Allende believes she has received a premonition about _____________________.
2. Who lures Allende into the woods for inappropriate reasons?
3. What is the title of Allende's most recent book at the time?
4. Isabel Allende is a native of what country?
5. What is important to know about Paula at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Allende use art as a form of expression as a young girl?
2. Describe Allende's son, Nicolas, during his teenage years in Caracas.
3. What does Allende reveal about her love for nature and how she first came to realize it?
4. Describe Tio Ramon's infatuation with Paula.
5. Why is Allende so adamant about pushing the doctors to wean Paula off oxygen?
6. What loving acts do Paula's family members do prior to her death?
7. How does Paula die?
8. What other relatives come to the hospital to visit Paula?
9. How does Allende describe her time in Caracas?
10. Compare Allende's physical surroundings with her internal state.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)