|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies when Allende is very young?
(b) Her father
(d) Her mother
2. What did the family put in front of the windows while living in Beirut?
(b) Potted plants
(d) Room darkening shades
3. What nationality was Michael?
4. Who lures Allende into the woods for inappropriate reasons?
(a) A policeman
(b) A cab driver
(c) A local fisherman
(d) A traveling salesman
5. What had Allende recently completed?
(a) Knitting a sweater
(b) A cooking course
(c) A new novel
(d) A trip around the world
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Meme?
2. What was not hidden in Tio Ramon's wardrobe?
3. Where does Allende work in her first job after graduating high school?
4. What does Allende wish for more than anything at this point?
5. What was Michael's occupation when they married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paula's condition at this point in time?
2. What is the setting for this section of the book?
3. Describe Tio Ramon's infatuation with Paula.
4. What accommodations have been made for Paula in Allende's home?
5. What is Allende's wish for Paula now and what does Allende say she tries to do to make it happen?
6. How does Allende explain her love for writing and telling stories?
7. Explain the spiritual connection Allende has with Paula at this time.
8. Describe Ernesto's devotion to his wife, Paula.
9. How did Allende come to know Salvador Allende, the future president of Chile?
10. How does Paula die?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)