|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Allende's brothers was a great scholar?
2. Who was Tata?
(a) Allende's grandfather
(b) Allende's poodle
(c) Allende's chauffeur
(d) Allende's gardener
3. Who is Tio Ramon?
(a) The man who becomes Allende's father figure
(b) Allende's brother-in-law
(c) Allende's banker
(d) Allende's publisher
4. Who is Pablo?
(a) Allende's boyfriend
(b) Allende's father
(c) Allende's brother
(d) Allende's uncle
5. What happened to the marriage between Allende's parents?
(a) They remained married
(b) They remained legally separated
(c) They divorced
(d) It was annulled
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allende feel bad about her inability to do?
2. What was the initial report about Allende's daughter?
3. What did the Allendes do at the mental institution?
4. How often is Allende allowed to see her daughter?
5. To what city do Allende, her mother and brothers follow Tio Ramon when he is transferred?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Allende come to know Salvador Allende, the future president of Chile?
2. How does Allende explain her love for writing and telling stories?
3. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
4. What happens to Allende's family after the death of Meme?
5. What scandal forces Allende to resign her job from a children's television show?
6. What topic does Allende turn to during the dark days of waiting at the hospital in Spain?
7. Describe Allende's grandmother, Meme's special gifts.
8. Allende decides to take Paula home with her to San Francisco and acknowledges that Paul's illness is the second major tragedy in her life? What does she say was the first?
9. What are Ernesto's perceptions of Paula at this point in time?
10. Why is Allende so adamant about pushing the doctors to wean Paula off oxygen?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)