|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Allende's mother when she had Allende?
2. Who is Tio Ramon?
(a) Allende's brother-in-law
(b) Allende's publisher
(c) Allende's banker
(d) The man who becomes Allende's father figure
3. What gift does Allende remember getting for Christmas one year?
(a) Paints and brushes
(b) Roller skates
(c) Surf board
(d) A doll
4. Where does Allende's mother work to support her children?
(a) An insurance office
(b) A restaurant
(c) A bank
(d) A hair salon
5. Which one of Allende's brothers ran away as a teenager and never returned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Allende learn to speak English?
2. What was Michael's occupation when they married?
3. What does Tata believe that Allende is lacking?
4. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
5. Isabel Allende is a native of what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What initiated Allende's writing her first book?
2. How does Allende describe her time in Caracas?
3. What scandal forces Allende to resign her job from a children's television show?
4. How does Paula die?
5. What loving acts do Paula's family members do prior to her death?
6. What was the influence of Uncle Pablo in Allende's life?
7. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
8. What information does Allende provide to begin her book?
9. Describe Allende's grandmother, Meme's special gifts.
10. How did Allende use art as a form of expression as a young girl?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)