|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allende states that the only certainty of her life was _____________________.
(a) Her husband
(b) Her books
(c) The hospital
2. When does Allende see her father again?
(a) Three years later
(c) When she gets married
(d) When she has a daughter
3. What disease was Paula diagnosed with?
4. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
(a) The circus
(b) Tractor pulls
(c) Wrestling matches
(d) County fair
5. Why does Allende decide to write down her history and stories?
(a) To give to the historical society
(b) To create a new book
(c) To teach a writing class
(d) To help Paula reorient herself when she recovers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allende's mother give her to express herself?
2. Why was Allende expelled from school?
3. How old was Allende's mother when she had Allende?
4. Allende bases a character in which of her books on her grandmother?
5. Who did Allende pledge to never use as a fictional character in anything she writes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paula die?
2. How does Allende describe her time in Caracas?
3. What does Allende share about her early school days in Santiago?
4. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
5. What was Allende's job during the early days of her first marriage?
6. What does Allende reveal about her love for nature and how she first came to realize it?
7. How old is Allende in this section and what is the state of her mental and physical conditions?
8. What accommodations have been made for Paula in Allende's home?
9. Explain some of Allende's activities in Chile that put her family in danger.
10. When did writing become an expression for Allende?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)