|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Allende expelled from school?
(b) Starting fights
(d) Rebellion against conformity
2. What is Ernesto's profession?
3. Who lures Allende into the woods for inappropriate reasons?
(a) A cab driver
(b) A policeman
(c) A local fisherman
(d) A traveling salesman
4. How old was Allende when she met her current husband, Willie?
(a) In her 40s
(b) In her 30s
(c) In her 20s
(d) In her 50s
5. Where does Ernesto's father return to?
(b) The Amazon
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tio give Allende on her ninth birthday?
2. What was the family joke about Allende?
3. With whom does Allende and her family live with after their return home?
4. What does Allende believe her task is at this point?
5. What position had Allende's father held in Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
2. Describe the format of the book.
3. What initiated Allende's writing her first book?
4. Allende decides to take Paula home with her to San Francisco and acknowledges that Paul's illness is the second major tragedy in her life? What does she say was the first?
5. What is Allende's wish for Paula now and what does Allende say she tries to do to make it happen?
6. What does Allende recall about the political unrest in Lebanon where the family was living in the late 1950s?
7. Who is Tio Ramon?
8. Explain the courtship between Allende and her first husband, Michael.
9. What are the circumstances that bring Allende back in contact with her father and his side of the family?
10. What definitive news does Allende receive about Paula's condition?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)