|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Allende when she returns to Tata's house from Lebanon?
2. Why was Allende expelled from school?
(b) Rebellion against conformity
(c) Starting fights
3. Allende wished that she was _________________.
(b) A scholar
(c) A boy
4. What was Pablo's passion?
5. In what country was Allende visiting when she was notified about her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often is Allende allowed to see her daughter?
2. What happens when Allende's father is involved in scandals in Peru?
3. Who was actually the policeman that Tio Ramon brought to the house to scare the children after they took chocolates?
4. What is important to know about Paula at this time?
5. Who seems more fatalistic about Paula's possible death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ernesto's perceptions of Paula at this point in time?
2. Describe the format of the book.
3. Explain the courtship between Allende and her first husband, Michael.
4. What other relatives come to the hospital to visit Paula?
5. Who is Tio Ramon?
6. What are the circumstances that bring Allende back in contact with her father and his side of the family?
7. How did Allende use art as a form of expression as a young girl?
8. How do Allende and Ernesto differ in their outlooks for Paula's condition?
9. Why does Allende decide to write this book?
10. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)