|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city do Allende, her mother and brothers follow Tio Ramon when he is transferred?
2. What did Tio Ramon do for Allende's mother and brothers?
(a) Take them to the beach
(b) Take them to church
(c) Take them to ballgames
(d) Take them for rides in a car
3. What is the title of Allende's most recent book at the time?
(a) The Infinite Plan
(b) To Infinity and Beyond
(c) Infinity Never Ends
(d) The Ultimate Plan
4. What does Allende wish for more than anything at this point?
(a) For Pancho to return
(b) For Willie to return
(c) For Paula to reawaken
(d) For Ernesto to get on with his life
5. What does Allende believe her task is at this point?
(a) To distract death so it cannot find Paula
(b) To remain calm
(c) To find better doctors
(d) To pray the rosary
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Allende informed that her daughter was ill?
2. What was the family joke about Allende?
3. Who is Paula?
4. What did Allende's mother do to make some extra money?
5. Where is Paula located when Allende visits her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What initiated Allende's writing her first book?
2. What was the influence of Uncle Pablo in Allende's life?
3. Why is Allende so grateful to have her mother with her in the hospital for a short while?
4. Explain some of Allende's activities in Chile that put her family in danger.
5. Why is Allende so adamant about pushing the doctors to wean Paula off oxygen?
6. What is Paula's condition at this point in time?
7. How does Allende's distress about Paula exhibit in dreams?
8. What is Allende's wish for Paula now and what does Allende say she tries to do to make it happen?
10. Describe Allende's parents.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)