|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
2. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
3. Ernesto has a dream where Paula appears and asks him to ________________.
(a) Kill her
(c) Let her go
(d) Find better doctors
4. What does Allende write at this time?
(a) Plays and books
(b) Mazagine articles
(c) TV sitcoms
5. Michael needs a new license to practice as _________________ in Venezuela.
(a) A surveyor
(b) An attorney
(c) An engineer
(d) A physician
6. What illness do Michael, Paula and Nicolas all have?
7. Which of the following does Allende not witness in Caracas?
(a) Gas and oil boom
8. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
(a) A student
(b) A playboy
(c) An artist
(d) A poet
9. What do Paula's brain scans show?
(a) Irreversible brain damage
(b) Traces of activity
(c) Full capacity has returned
(d) Promising activity
10. Allende meets a _____________ who becomes her lover.
11. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
(a) Working in retail
(b) Selling insurance
(c) Writing newspaper articles
(d) Teaching special education students
12. What is Allende's second career venture?
(a) Designing women's clothes
(b) Interior design
(c) Writing for a women's magazine
13. How long do Allende and her family live in this location?
(a) 13 months
(b) 13 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 5 years
14. When does Allende return to Michael and the children after being with her lover in Spain?
(a) One year
(b) Three months
(c) Three years
(d) Three weeks
15. Where is Paula sent for care?
(a) Rehab center
(b) Allende's home
(c) Intensive care
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the commodities in short supply in Chile in the 1970s?
2. Allende writes lighthearted musicals that are performed in ______________.
3. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
4. Both of Willie's kids are involved in ____________.
5. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)