|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government reigns in Chile after the military coups?
(a) Totalitarian regime
2. What lifestyle does Allende adopt when the family returns to Chile?
(b) Soccer mom
3. Which of the following does not shock Paula's grandmother about her condition now?
(a) She is curled in the fetal position
(b) She has lost a lot of weight
(c) Her hair is below her waist
(d) Her hair has been cut off
4. How long do Allende and her family live in this location?
(a) 13 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 13 months
(d) 7 years
5. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
(a) California College of the Arts
(c) University of San Francisco
(d) University of California
6. Why did Allende, Michael and Paula move to Europe?
(a) Allende and Michael received scholarships to study in Europe
(b) They want Paula to be raised in Europe
(c) They want to be closer to family
(d) They fell in love with Europe after a vacation there
7. What decision does Allende make about Paula after the results of her brain scans?
(a) Stop all life support measures
(b) Take her home to San Francisco
(c) Contact different doctors
(d) Revise her will
8. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
(a) Employee medical benefits
(b) Socialist healthcare
(c) Minimum wage
(d) Safety statutes
9. Which of the following does Allende not witness in Caracas?
(b) Gas and oil boom
10. Ernesto has a dream where Paula appears and asks him to ________________.
(b) Kill her
(c) Let her go
(d) Find better doctors
11. Both of Willie's kids are involved in ____________.
12. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
(a) An artist
(b) A poet
(c) A playboy
(d) A student
13. What is the name of Allende's second child?
14. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
(a) Working in retail
(b) Teaching special education students
(c) Writing newspaper articles
(d) Selling insurance
15. Allende writes lighthearted musicals that are performed in ______________.
(b) University classes
(d) Summer stock
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for the activity in this section?
2. Allende's second book addresses ______________ in Chile.
3. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
4. In what year does Allende return to Chile after leaving at the time of the military coups?
5. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)