|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allende sense at night?
(b) Paula's spirit moving about the house
(c) A sense of calm
(d) Impending doom
2. Allende's mother and stepfather return to Chile from living in what country?
3. What decision does Allende make about Paula after the results of her brain scans?
(a) Stop all life support measures
(b) Contact different doctors
(c) Take her home to San Francisco
(d) Revise her will
4. What is the name of Allende's second child?
5. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
(c) Pablo Neruda
6. What is Allende's second career venture?
(a) Writing for a women's magazine
(c) Interior design
(d) Designing women's clothes
7. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
8. In what year does Allende return to Chile after leaving at the time of the military coups?
9. Where is Paula sent for care?
(a) Rehab center
(b) Allende's home
(d) Intensive care
10. Where does Allende's lover want to run away to?
11. What book does Allende write during this time?
(a) The House of Cards
(b) The House of Commons
(c) The House that Jack Built
(d) The House of Spirits
12. What document did Allende send to Willie?
(b) Settlement Agreement
(c) Promissory Note
13. What lifestyle does Allende adopt when the family returns to Chile?
(b) Soccer mom
14. Who is Pablo Neruda?
(a) Chilean president
(b) Allende's brother-in-law
(c) Chilean poet
(d) Allende's uncle
15. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness do Michael, Paula and Nicolas all have?
2. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
3. What does Allende realize after getting the doctors' reports?
4. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
5. Allende's second book addresses ______________ in Chile.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)