|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Allende return to Chile after leaving at the time of the military coups?
2. What book does Allende write during this time?
(a) The House that Jack Built
(b) The House of Cards
(c) The House of Commons
(d) The House of Spirits
3. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
(a) A poet
(b) A playboy
(c) An artist
(d) A student
4. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
(a) Minimum wage
(b) Socialist healthcare
(c) Employee medical benefits
(d) Safety statutes
5. What is Allende's second career venture?
(a) Writing for a women's magazine
(c) Interior design
(d) Designing women's clothes
6. What illness do Michael, Paula and Nicolas all have?
7. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
(a) Writing newspaper articles
(b) Working in retail
(c) Selling insurance
(d) Teaching special education students
8. Who is Pablo Neruda?
(a) Chilean president
(b) Allende's uncle
(c) Allende's brother-in-law
(d) Chilean poet
9. What does Allende's stepfather dress as to make an impression at Paula's school one day?
(a) A general
(b) A prince
(c) A movie star
(d) A president
10. Who does Allende's mother befriend while on retreat?
(a) Bebe Rebozo
(b) Henry Kissinger
(c) Salvador Allende
(d) Mr. Valentin Hernandez
11. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
12. Where does Allende's mother go for a retreat?
13. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
(a) Circulatory system
(b) Hormone production
(c) Muscle strength
(d) Nervous system
14. What does Allende wear most of the time when visiting Paula in the hospital?
(a) Sweaters and jeans
(b) White dresses and shoes
(c) Bright colors for Paula to see
(d) Soft fabrics that are comfortable
15. What does Allende dream of ?
(a) A television career
(b) Returning to Chile
(c) A bigger house
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allende's lover want to run away to?
2. In what vehicle did Allende, Michael and Paula travel around Europe?
3. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
4. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
5. Where is Paula sent for care?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)