|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Allende, Michael and Paula move to Europe?
(a) They fell in love with Europe after a vacation there
(b) Allende and Michael received scholarships to study in Europe
(c) They want to be closer to family
(d) They want Paula to be raised in Europe
2. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
(a) A poet
(b) An artist
(c) A student
(d) A playboy
3. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
4. What type of government reigns in Chile after the military coups?
(a) Totalitarian regime
5. Who does Allende's mother befriend while on retreat?
(a) Henry Kissinger
(b) Salvador Allende
(c) Bebe Rebozo
(d) Mr. Valentin Hernandez
6. What does Allende dream of ?
(a) A television career
(b) A bigger house
(c) Returning to Chile
7. What is the name of Allende's new granddaughter?
8. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
9. Where is Paula sent for care?
(a) Rehab center
(b) Intensive care
(d) Allende's home
10. Where does Michael secure work on a project?
(b) The jungle
(d) La Paz
11. In what vehicle did Allende, Michael and Paula travel around Europe?
(a) Airstream trailer
(c) Volkswagen camper
12. Allende meets a _____________ who becomes her lover.
13. Which of the following does Allende not think about now?
(a) If she is getting old
(b) If she will ever write again
(c) If she will live much longer
(d) If she can develop new house plans
14. Which of the following is not Allende's role in her home?
(c) Decision maker
15. Which of the following does not exist in Allende's home?
(a) Latin American art
(b) Spicy foods
(c) Cottage garden
(d) Saltillo tiles
Short Answer Questions
1. Allende's second book addresses ______________ in Chile.
2. What does Allende sense at night?
3. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
4. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
5. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)