|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Allende return to Michael and the children after being with her lover in Spain?
(a) Three years
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three months
(d) One year
2. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
3. Who does Allende's mother befriend while on retreat?
(a) Henry Kissinger
(b) Mr. Valentin Hernandez
(c) Salvador Allende
(d) Bebe Rebozo
4. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
(a) Working in retail
(b) Teaching special education students
(c) Selling insurance
(d) Writing newspaper articles
5. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
6. What is the name of Allende's second child?
7. Why did Allende, Michael and Paula move to Europe?
(a) They want Paula to be raised in Europe
(b) They fell in love with Europe after a vacation there
(c) They want to be closer to family
(d) Allende and Michael received scholarships to study in Europe
8. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
(a) Employee medical benefits
(b) Socialist healthcare
(c) Minimum wage
(d) Safety statutes
9. What do Paula's brain scans show?
(a) Full capacity has returned
(b) Traces of activity
(c) Irreversible brain damage
(d) Promising activity
10. Which of the following does not exist in Allende's home?
(a) Latin American art
(b) Spicy foods
(c) Cottage garden
(d) Saltillo tiles
11. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
(a) University of San Francisco
(c) University of California
(d) California College of the Arts
12. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
(a) He is in prison
(b) He left the country
(c) He resigned his office
(d) He committed suicide
13. What book does Allende write during this time?
(a) The House of Commons
(b) The House of Spirits
(c) The House of Cards
(d) The House that Jack Built
14. Allende's mother and stepfather return to Chile from living in what country?
15. Where does Michael secure work on a project?
(a) La Paz
(c) The jungle
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Allende and Paula on the plane trip to San Francisco?
2. Which of the following did Allende not do during the time in Chile after the military coups?
3. Which of the following is not Allende's role in her home?
4. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
5. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)