|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Allende's second child?
2. Allende meets a _____________ who becomes her lover.
3. What does Allende dream of ?
(a) Returning to Chile
(b) A television career
(d) A bigger house
4. Who accompanies Allende and Paula on the plane trip to San Francisco?
(a) Ernesto and his father
(b) Willie and a nurse
(c) Ernesto and a nurse
(d) Ernesto and Willie
5. What does Willie think Allende is doing every night?
(b) Checking e-mail
(c) Talking on the phone
6. What is Allende wearing when the television crew arrives to film?
(a) T-shirt and jeans
(b) G-string and pasties
(c) Nurse's uniform
(d) Business suit
7. What job does Allende have in the early days of her marriage to Michael?
(a) Millinery salesperson
(b) Hair stylist
(c) Bank teller
(d) TV broadcaster
8. Who is elected president of Chile in 1970?
(a) Salvador Allende
(b) Che Guevera
(c) Paco Estefan
(d) Tito Puente
9. Which of the following does not describe Allende in Spain with Paula?
10. Where does Allende's lover want to run away to?
11. After a month in San Francisco, the doctors evaluate Paula as __________________________.
(a) Completely fine
(b) In a permanent vegetative state
(c) Very much improved
(d) Improving more every day
12. What brought a new life to Allende and her family?
(a) The warmth of the country and the nearness of the Caribbean
(b) Visits from Meme
(c) Investigations into new religions
(d) Money from Tata
13. Whose body is Allende called to identify at the morgue?
(a) Her uncle
(b) Her brother
(c) Her stepfather
(d) Her father
14. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
(a) He resigned his office
(b) He committed suicide
(c) He is in prison
(d) He left the country
15. What does Allende sense at night?
(a) A sense of calm
(c) Paula's spirit moving about the house
(d) Impending doom
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael not tell Allende when she said she wanted to be with her lover in Spain?
2. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
3. What illness do Michael, Paula and Nicolas all have?
4. When does Allende return to Michael and the children after being with her lover in Spain?
5. What is the second book Allende writes during this period?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)