|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allende realize after getting the doctors' reports?
(a) Paula will die soon
(b) Paula will recover in time
(c) Paula will never read this journal
(d) Paula will never have children
2. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
(b) Pablo Neruda
3. What is the name of Allende's new granddaughter?
4. Where does Allende's lover want to run away to?
5. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
6. Which of the following is not one of the commodities in short supply in Chile in the 1970s?
7. Allende writes lighthearted musicals that are performed in ______________.
(b) University classes
(c) Summer stock
8. Michael needs a new license to practice as _________________ in Venezuela.
(a) An attorney
(b) A surveyor
(c) A physician
(d) An engineer
9. Both of Willie's kids are involved in ____________.
10. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
11. What does Allende write at this time?
(a) Mazagine articles
(b) TV sitcoms
(c) Plays and books
12. How long do Allende and her family live in this location?
(a) 13 months
(b) 7 years
(c) 13 years
(d) 5 years
13. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
14. Where is Paula sent for care?
(a) Intensive care
(b) Rehab center
(d) Allende's home
15. Who is Pablo Neruda?
(a) Allende's uncle
(b) Chilean president
(c) Allende's brother-in-law
(d) Chilean poet
Short Answer Questions
1. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
2. What document did Allende send to Willie?
3. Ernesto has a dream where Paula appears and asks him to ________________.
4. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
5. What decision does Allende make about Paula after the results of her brain scans?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)