|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
(a) California College of the Arts
(c) University of California
(d) University of San Francisco
2. After a month in San Francisco, the doctors evaluate Paula as __________________________.
(a) Improving more every day
(b) In a permanent vegetative state
(c) Completely fine
(d) Very much improved
3. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
4. Both of Willie's kids are involved in ____________.
5. What does Allende sense at night?
(a) Paula's spirit moving about the house
(b) A sense of calm
(c) Impending doom
6. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
(a) A playboy
(b) An artist
(c) A student
(d) A poet
7. Michael needs a new license to practice as _________________ in Venezuela.
(a) An engineer
(b) An attorney
(c) A physician
(d) A surveyor
8. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
(a) Employee medical benefits
(b) Minimum wage
(c) Socialist healthcare
(d) Safety statutes
9. What had Allende kept from the military coups to inspire her writing?
(a) Newspaper clippings
(b) Interviews from victims
(c) Political flyers
10. What is the name of Allende's new granddaughter?
11. Which of the following does not shock Paula's grandmother about her condition now?
(a) Her hair has been cut off
(b) Her hair is below her waist
(c) She is curled in the fetal position
(d) She has lost a lot of weight
12. Where does Michael secure work on a project?
(a) The jungle
(b) La Paz
13. What does Allende dream of ?
(a) Returning to Chile
(b) A bigger house
(c) A television career
14. What does Allende realize after getting the doctors' reports?
(a) Paula will die soon
(b) Paula will never have children
(c) Paula will recover in time
(d) Paula will never read this journal
15. Allende was first attracted to Willie because he was a mix of refinement and _______________.
(d) Common touch
Short Answer Questions
1. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
2. How long do Allende and her family live in this location?
3. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
4. Allende meets a _____________ who becomes her lover.
5. What is the second book Allende writes during this period?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)