|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
2. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
(a) A poet
(b) A student
(c) An artist
(d) A playboy
3. What type of government reigns in Chile after the military coups?
(c) Totalitarian regime
4. What do Paula's brain scans show?
(a) Promising activity
(b) Irreversible brain damage
(c) Full capacity has returned
(d) Traces of activity
5. Allende's second book addresses ______________ in Chile.
(a) Martial law
(b) Romance and spies
(c) Ancestral heritage
(d) The economy
6. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
(a) University of San Francisco
(b) California College of the Arts
(d) University of California
7. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
8. After a month in San Francisco, the doctors evaluate Paula as __________________________.
(a) In a permanent vegetative state
(b) Very much improved
(c) Completely fine
(d) Improving more every day
9. Which of the following did Allende not do during the time in Chile after the military coups?
(a) Took food to poor people
(b) Volunteer for the new government
(c) Helped people escape
(d) Organized a network of priests and nuns
10. In what vehicle did Allende, Michael and Paula travel around Europe?
(a) Volkswagen camper
(c) Airstream trailer
11. Allende's mother and stepfather return to Chile from living in what country?
12. Who accompanies Allende and Paula on the plane trip to San Francisco?
(a) Willie and a nurse
(b) Ernesto and his father
(c) Ernesto and a nurse
(d) Ernesto and Willie
13. Allende writes lighthearted musicals that are performed in ______________.
(a) University classes
(c) Summer stock
14. When does Allende return to Michael and the children after being with her lover in Spain?
(a) Three years
(b) One year
(c) Three months
(d) Three weeks
15. Some of Paula's caretakers refer to her as being ________________.
(a) A difficult patient
(b) An angel
(c) Stuck in limbo
(d) A joy to care for
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not exist in Allende's home?
2. What job does Allende have in the early days of her marriage to Michael?
3. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
4. What was Allende working on undercover which was exposed by national television?
5. Which of the following is not Allende's role in her home?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)