|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
(a) Working in retail
(b) Teaching special education students
(c) Writing newspaper articles
(d) Selling insurance
2. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
3. Allende's mother and stepfather return to Chile from living in what country?
4. Which of the following did Allende not do during the time in Chile after the military coups?
(a) Volunteer for the new government
(b) Took food to poor people
(c) Helped people escape
(d) Organized a network of priests and nuns
5. What is the name of Allende's second child?
6. After a month in San Francisco, the doctors evaluate Paula as __________________________.
(a) In a permanent vegetative state
(b) Improving more every day
(c) Completely fine
(d) Very much improved
7. Which of the following does Allende not think about now?
(a) If she can develop new house plans
(b) If she is getting old
(c) If she will ever write again
(d) If she will live much longer
8. Why did Allende, Michael and Paula move to Europe?
(a) They want Paula to be raised in Europe
(b) They want to be closer to family
(c) They fell in love with Europe after a vacation there
(d) Allende and Michael received scholarships to study in Europe
9. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
(a) An artist
(b) A playboy
(c) A poet
(d) A student
10. Who accompanies Allende and Paula on the plane trip to San Francisco?
(a) Ernesto and Willie
(b) Ernesto and a nurse
(c) Ernesto and his father
(d) Willie and a nurse
11. When does Allende return to Michael and the children after being with her lover in Spain?
(a) Three years
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three months
(d) One year
12. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
(a) Circulatory system
(b) Hormone production
(c) Nervous system
(d) Muscle strength
13. What is Allende's second career venture?
(b) Interior design
(c) Designing women's clothes
(d) Writing for a women's magazine
14. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
(c) Pablo Neruda
15. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Allende's new granddaughter?
2. Whose body is Allende called to identify at the morgue?
3. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
4. What does Allende give to Willie that makes him agree to marry her?
5. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)