|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body is Allende called to identify at the morgue?
(a) Her father
(b) Her stepfather
(c) Her uncle
(d) Her brother
2. What does Allende give to Willie that makes him agree to marry her?
(a) A car
(b) An ultimatum
(c) A ring
(d) A boat
3. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
(a) University of San Francisco
(c) University of California
(d) California College of the Arts
4. What does Allende dream of ?
(b) A television career
(c) Returning to Chile
(d) A bigger house
5. What do Paula's brain scans show?
(a) Traces of activity
(b) Irreversible brain damage
(c) Full capacity has returned
(d) Promising activity
6. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
(a) Writing newspaper articles
(b) Working in retail
(c) Teaching special education students
(d) Selling insurance
7. What illness do Michael, Paula and Nicolas all have?
8. In what year does Allende return to Chile after leaving at the time of the military coups?
9. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
(a) Hormone production
(b) Nervous system
(c) Circulatory system
(d) Muscle strength
10. Where does Allende's mother go for a retreat?
11. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
12. What lifestyle does Allende adopt when the family returns to Chile?
(c) Soccer mom
13. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
(b) Pablo Neruda
14. Who is Pablo Neruda?
(a) Chilean poet
(b) Allende's uncle
(c) Chilean president
(d) Allende's brother-in-law
15. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second book Allende writes during this period?
2. Where does Allende's lover want to run away to?
3. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
4. What had Allende kept from the military coups to inspire her writing?
5. Which of the following does not exist in Allende's home?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)