|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
2. What lifestyle does Allende adopt when the family returns to Chile?
(a) Soccer mom
3. In what year does Allende return to Chile after leaving at the time of the military coups?
4. What is the second book Allende writes during this period?
(a) The Shadow Knows
(b) Of Love and Shadows
(c) Love Shadows
(d) Love in the Shadows
5. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
(a) Paula's favorite slippers
(b) A stack of books
(c) A new puppy
(d) A bouquet of flowers
6. What document did Allende send to Willie?
(c) Promissory Note
(d) Settlement Agreement
7. What type of government reigns in Chile after the military coups?
(a) Totalitarian regime
8. Who is Pablo Neruda?
(a) Chilean poet
(b) Allende's brother-in-law
(c) Allende's uncle
(d) Chilean president
9. Which of the following is not Allende's role in her home?
(c) Decision maker
10. Allende's mother and stepfather return to Chile from living in what country?
11. What is the name of Allende's new granddaughter?
12. Allende's second book addresses ______________ in Chile.
(a) Martial law
(b) The economy
(c) Romance and spies
(d) Ancestral heritage
13. Who does Allende's mother befriend while on retreat?
(a) Henry Kissinger
(b) Salvador Allende
(c) Mr. Valentin Hernandez
(d) Bebe Rebozo
14. What does Allende dream of ?
(b) A television career
(c) Returning to Chile
(d) A bigger house
15. What book does Allende write during this time?
(a) The House that Jack Built
(b) The House of Cards
(c) The House of Spirits
(d) The House of Commons
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allende's second career venture?
2. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
3. Allende meets a _____________ who becomes her lover.
4. What is the name of Allende's second child?
5. Where does Michael secure work on a project?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)