|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is elected president of Chile in 1970?
(a) Paco Estefan
(b) Che Guevera
(c) Tito Puente
(d) Salvador Allende
2. Which of the following does Allende not think about now?
(a) If she will live much longer
(b) If she can develop new house plans
(c) If she will ever write again
(d) If she is getting old
3. Which of the following did Allende not do during the time in Chile after the military coups?
(a) Took food to poor people
(b) Volunteer for the new government
(c) Organized a network of priests and nuns
(d) Helped people escape
4. What job does Allende have in the early days of her marriage to Michael?
(a) TV broadcaster
(b) Hair stylist
(c) Millinery salesperson
(d) Bank teller
5. Whose body is Allende called to identify at the morgue?
(a) Her father
(b) Her brother
(c) Her uncle
(d) Her stepfather
6. Which of the following is not one of the commodities in short supply in Chile in the 1970s?
7. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
(a) Paula's favorite slippers
(b) A stack of books
(c) A bouquet of flowers
(d) A new puppy
8. What illness do Michael, Paula and Nicolas all have?
9. Allende meets a _____________ who becomes her lover.
10. Michael needs a new license to practice as _________________ in Venezuela.
(a) An attorney
(b) An engineer
(c) A physician
(d) A surveyor
11. What is the setting for the activity in this section?
(c) Puerto Rico
12. Who accompanies Allende and Paula on the plane trip to San Francisco?
(a) Ernesto and Willie
(b) Ernesto and a nurse
(c) Willie and a nurse
(d) Ernesto and his father
13. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
(a) Nervous system
(b) Circulatory system
(c) Hormone production
(d) Muscle strength
14. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
(a) He committed suicide
(b) He is in prison
(c) He resigned his office
(d) He left the country
15. Allende was first attracted to Willie because he was a mix of refinement and _______________.
(d) Common touch
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
2. Which of the following is not Allende's role in her home?
3. What does Allende sense at night?
4. What is the second book Allende writes during this period?
5. What was Allende working on undercover which was exposed by national television?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)