|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Allende's second child?
2. What does Allende wear most of the time when visiting Paula in the hospital?
(a) White dresses and shoes
(b) Soft fabrics that are comfortable
(c) Bright colors for Paula to see
(d) Sweaters and jeans
3. Michael needs a new license to practice as _________________ in Venezuela.
(a) An attorney
(b) A surveyor
(c) An engineer
(d) A physician
4. After a month in San Francisco, the doctors evaluate Paula as __________________________.
(a) Completely fine
(b) Very much improved
(c) Improving more every day
(d) In a permanent vegetative state
5. What does Allende give to Willie that makes him agree to marry her?
(a) A boat
(b) An ultimatum
(c) A car
(d) A ring
6. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
7. How long do Allende and her family live in this location?
(a) 13 years
(b) 13 months
(c) 7 years
(d) 5 years
8. What does Allende dream of ?
(a) A television career
(b) Returning to Chile
(d) A bigger house
9. Which of the following is not one of the commodities in short supply in Chile in the 1970s?
10. Whose body is Allende called to identify at the morgue?
(a) Her father
(b) Her uncle
(c) Her stepfather
(d) Her brother
11. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
(a) A new puppy
(b) A bouquet of flowers
(c) Paula's favorite slippers
(d) A stack of books
12. What document did Allende send to Willie?
(a) Settlement Agreement
(d) Promissory Note
13. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
(a) He resigned his office
(b) He left the country
(c) He committed suicide
(d) He is in prison
14. What is the name of the third book Allende writes during this period?
(a) Daughter of Fortune
(b) Eva Luna
(c) Eva's Daughter
(d) Bella Luna
15. What lifestyle does Allende adopt when the family returns to Chile?
(a) Soccer mom
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
2. What did Michael not tell Allende when she said she wanted to be with her lover in Spain?
3. Which of the following does Allende not think about now?
4. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
5. Where does Michael secure work on a project?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)