|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Allende and Paula on the plane trip to San Francisco?
(a) Ernesto and his father
(b) Willie and a nurse
(c) Ernesto and a nurse
(d) Ernesto and Willie
2. What did Michael not tell Allende when she said she wanted to be with her lover in Spain?
(a) I don't love you
(b) She couldn't take the children
(c) She couldn't take any money
(d) She could go
3. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
4. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
(a) He is in prison
(b) He resigned his office
(c) He committed suicide
(d) He left the country
5. What book does Allende write during this time?
(a) The House of Spirits
(b) The House that Jack Built
(c) The House of Cards
(d) The House of Commons
6. Which of the following did Allende not do during the time in Chile after the military coups?
(a) Helped people escape
(b) Organized a network of priests and nuns
(c) Volunteer for the new government
(d) Took food to poor people
7. Which of the following does Allende not think about now?
(a) If she will live much longer
(b) If she will ever write again
(c) If she can develop new house plans
(d) If she is getting old
8. What does Allende give to Willie that makes him agree to marry her?
(a) An ultimatum
(b) A car
(c) A boat
(d) A ring
9. What do Paula's brain scans show?
(a) Full capacity has returned
(b) Traces of activity
(c) Irreversible brain damage
(d) Promising activity
10. What is the second book Allende writes during this period?
(a) Love in the Shadows
(b) Of Love and Shadows
(c) Love Shadows
(d) The Shadow Knows
11. Some of Paula's caretakers refer to her as being ________________.
(a) A joy to care for
(b) An angel
(c) Stuck in limbo
(d) A difficult patient
12. Which of the following is not Allende's role in her home?
(d) Decision maker
13. Which of the following does Allende not witness in Caracas?
(a) Gas and oil boom
14. In what vehicle did Allende, Michael and Paula travel around Europe?
(b) Airstream trailer
(d) Volkswagen camper
15. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Allende return to Chile after leaving at the time of the military coups?
2. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
3. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
4. What document did Allende send to Willie?
5. Who does Allende's mother befriend while on retreat?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)