|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Allende working on undercover which was exposed by national television?
(a) Girlie shows
(b) Political graft
(c) Insurance fraud
(d) Physician drug abuse
2. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
3. What does Willie think Allende is doing every night?
(b) Talking on the phone
(c) Checking e-mail
4. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
(a) Socialist healthcare
(b) Employee medical benefits
(c) Safety statutes
(d) Minimum wage
5. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
(a) He is in prison
(b) He committed suicide
(c) He resigned his office
(d) He left the country
6. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
7. Michael needs a new license to practice as _________________ in Venezuela.
(a) An attorney
(b) A surveyor
(c) A physician
(d) An engineer
8. What does Allende realize after getting the doctors' reports?
(a) Paula will die soon
(b) Paula will never have children
(c) Paula will recover in time
(d) Paula will never read this journal
9. What is the name of Allende's new granddaughter?
10. Which of the following does not shock Paula's grandmother about her condition now?
(a) Her hair is below her waist
(b) She has lost a lot of weight
(c) Her hair has been cut off
(d) She is curled in the fetal position
11. What had Allende kept from the military coups to inspire her writing?
(a) Political flyers
(c) Interviews from victims
(d) Newspaper clippings
12. What is the setting for the activity in this section?
(c) Puerto Rico
13. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
14. What brought a new life to Allende and her family?
(a) The warmth of the country and the nearness of the Caribbean
(b) Money from Tata
(c) Visits from Meme
(d) Investigations into new religions
15. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
(a) Paula's favorite slippers
(b) A bouquet of flowers
(c) A stack of books
(d) A new puppy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Allende's daughter-in-law who is about to give birth?
2. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
3. How long do Allende and her family live in this location?
4. Where does Allende's mother go for a retreat?
5. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)