|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paula sent for care?
(a) Rehab center
(b) Allende's home
(c) Intensive care
2. Which of the following does not describe Allende in Spain with Paula?
3. What does Allende's stepfather dress as to make an impression at Paula's school one day?
(a) A movie star
(b) A prince
(c) A general
(d) A president
4. What does Willie think Allende is doing every night?
(b) Checking e-mail
(c) Talking on the phone
5. When does Allende return to Michael and the children after being with her lover in Spain?
(a) Three years
(b) Three months
(c) One year
(d) Three weeks
6. What is the setting for the activity in this section?
(a) Puerto Rico
7. What is Allende wearing when the television crew arrives to film?
(a) G-string and pasties
(b) Business suit
(c) T-shirt and jeans
(d) Nurse's uniform
8. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
(a) Safety statutes
(b) Socialist healthcare
(c) Minimum wage
(d) Employee medical benefits
9. What was Allende working on undercover which was exposed by national television?
(a) Insurance fraud
(b) Girlie shows
(c) Political graft
(d) Physician drug abuse
10. What is the name of Allende's new granddaughter?
11. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
(a) A stack of books
(b) A new puppy
(c) Paula's favorite slippers
(d) A bouquet of flowers
12. What is the name of Allende's second child?
13. Which of the following does Allende not think about now?
(a) If she is getting old
(b) If she will ever write again
(c) If she will live much longer
(d) If she can develop new house plans
14. Where does Allende's mother go for a retreat?
15. What does Allende sense at night?
(a) Paula's spirit moving about the house
(b) A sense of calm
(d) Impending doom
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Allende and Paula on the plane trip to San Francisco?
2. Which of the following is not one of the commodities in short supply in Chile in the 1970s?
3. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
4. Both of Willie's kids are involved in ____________.
5. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)