|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Pages 162 202.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Allende read on the sly when her parents were out?
(a) Peyton Place
(b) Tropic of Cancer
(c) A Thousand and One Nights
(d) The Joy of Sex
2. Why does Allende decide to write down her history and stories?
(a) To create a new book
(b) To help Paula reorient herself when she recovers
(c) To teach a writing class
(d) To give to the historical society
3. Who is Tio Ramon?
(a) The man who becomes Allende's father figure
(b) Allende's banker
(c) Allende's brother-in-law
(d) Allende's publisher
4. How many years was Ernesto's father in exile in South America?
5. What did the family put in front of the windows while living in Beirut?
(a) Room darkening shades
(b) Potted plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allende's mother work to support her children?
2. What was not hidden in Tio Ramon's wardrobe?
3. What does Pablo give to Allende to help her read?
4. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
5. What did Tio give Allende on her ninth birthday?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)