|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Charles Augustus invent a design for the first artificial heart and lung?
2. Besides his job, what else does Hiram hate in Chapter 45?
(a) His coworkers.
(b) His first name.
(c) His house.
(d) His background.
3. How old is Pierce's son at the time of the train accident in Chapter 56?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eight years old.
4. How long before Charles Chamberlain's flight does Slim Lindbergh make his flight?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
5. How many years does Charles Boles serve in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bart get to his robberies in Chapter 55?
2. What sport does Kris Kristofferson play in school?
3. What is Cesar's mother certain her son will become in Chapter 46?
4. What position does James acquire with the Army Medical Department in Chapter 72?
5. What well known restaurant chain does Harlan start with his social security money in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. What legend is explained in "Pelorus Jack"?
2. Why are jealousy and a physical abnormality part of Chapter 70?
3. What invention is made through observing insects in "The Sting"?
4. How does a young goat herder become known for the optimum in elegance in Chapter 46?
5. What recurring lesson does Harvey reinforce in "Little Book Lost"?
6. What is the reason that "The Producer" cannot appreciate Rachmaninoff's talent in Chapter 71?
7. How does one man's retirement lead to the development of a national chain of restaurants in "Better Late Than Never"?
8. What are some of the interesting facts about Kris Kristofferson in "Establishment Boy"?
9. How does Lucy's engagement allow Harvey to discuss a president's assassination in Chapter 58?
10. What is unusual about the friendship that Harvey describes in "Inseparable"?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)