|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Mennonites travel to America from Russia?
(a) The 1870s.
(b) The 1900s.
(c) The 1880s.
(d) The 1890s.
2. As Harvey reveals in Chapter 29, what sport does DiMaggio try before baseball?
3. What type of execution is designed in Chapter 34?
(a) More humane.
(d) Less humane.
4. What is the name of Doyle's favorite teacher in Chapter 13?
(a) Dr. Peter Belman.
(b) Dr. Joseph Bell.
(c) Dr. Sam Bedford.
(d) Dr. David Beck.
5. As told by Harvey in Chapter 21, when does Patton learn to read and write?
(a) At age ten.
(b) At age fourteen.
(c) At age twelve.
(d) At age eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Doyle's favorite teacher guess by observing his patient's mannerisms and physical traits?
2. Which dictionary is Dr. James Murray hired to edit in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Taylor return to after his last battle in Chapter 30?
4. What is the family that is described in Chapter 31's story?
5. What exported product are the Mennonites growing in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the presumed subject of Chapter 10 and the story's actual subject?
2. What is the invention of Dr. Joseph in Chapter 34, and what is its purpose?
3. What is the surprise ending of Rachmaninoff's story in Chapter 16?
4. How does Dr. Pemberton inadvertently discover a popular soft drink formula?
5. What dilemma do two brothers have in "All in the Family"?
6. Which technique does Harvey use in "Seer Samuel"?
7. Which two events does Harvey discuss in "The Night Sin City Died"?
8. What irony do the Mennonites enjoy in "The Truth of Grain"?
9. How does Harvey describe the life of W.C. Fields?
10. What is the irony in Chapter 7?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)