|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is Dr. Joseph's execution invention first used?
2. What is the name of Wagner's dog that helps him with "Tannhauser" before it is released?
3. By comparison to the Peshtigo fire, how many people were killed in the Chicago fire?
(a) Twenty one hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Fifteen hundred.
(d) Seven hundred.
4. What is the family that is described in Chapter 31's story?
(a) Three brothers.
(b) Two brothers.
(c) Three sisters.
(d) Two sisters.
5. What animal is Jack in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jack help Jim with jobs in Chapter 8?
2. What college is DeForest prevented from attending in Chapter 25's story?
3. Who reads to Patton before he can read or write for himself?
4. What item does the woman in Chapter 7 leave in her car as she pushes it over a cliff?
5. As stated in Chapter 9, when does Patrick Henry declare the words, "Give me liberty or give me death"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edwin carry "The Letter" with him in Chapter 22?
2. How does "Chains" discuss a historical saying?
3. How does Giuseppe prove that he is definitely not a "Good For Nothing" in Chapter 29?
4. What is the difference between the presumed subject of Chapter 10 and the story's actual subject?
5. Which two events does Harvey discuss in "The Night Sin City Died"?
6. How does a father's change of ways help his son in "Bad, Bad Ed O'Hare"?
7. What irony is Harvey depicting in "The Name of the Game"?
8. What unusual method for composing operas does Wagner use in "Wagner's Collaborator"?
9. What lesson is outlined in "Strong Man's Weakness"?
10. How does Harvey describe the life of W.C. Fields?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)