|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which playwright's work is talked about in Chapter 10?
(a) Neil Simon.
(b) Eugene O'Neill.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Arthur Miller.
2. Why does a rugby player pick up the ball during a game in Chapter 19?
(a) He is unaware of the rules.
(b) He is cheating.
(c) He is trying to get the attention of his team members.
(d) He is objecting to a call made by the official.
3. What exported product are the Mennonites growing in Chapter 26?
4. What does Mary experience in Chapter 28's story?
(a) Headaches, temper problems, and loneliness.
(b) Temper problems, loneliness, and memory loss.
(c) Headaches, loneliness, and memory loss.
(d) Headaches, temper problems, and memory loss.
5. How long before the actual Titanic sets sail is "Futility" written?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Fourteen months.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Sixteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Mary Louise begin studying in Chicago in Chapter 27?
2. How much does the neighbor offer to pay Harry for the horse in "Snow Man"?
3. What city does Pemberton first sell his syrupy cure to?
4. Who reads to Patton before he can read or write for himself?
5. What item does the woman in Chapter 7 leave in her car as she pushes it over a cliff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accidental invention is detailed in "Fall Where They May"?
2. How does "Chains" discuss a historical saying?
3. What dilemma do two brothers have in "All in the Family"?
4. What lesson is outlined in "Strong Man's Weakness"?
5. Who is "The Reluctant Vampire," and what is his story?
6. What irony do the Mennonites enjoy in "The Truth of Grain"?
7. Which two events does Harvey discuss in "The Night Sin City Died"?
8. What is the foreshadowing used in "Snow Man"?
9. Which technique does Harvey use in "Seer Samuel"?
10. Why does Edwin carry "The Letter" with him in Chapter 22?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)