|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is Dr. Joseph's execution invention first used?
2. What city does Pemberton first sell his syrupy cure to?
3. Where do soccer and rugby first originate from?
4. As Harvey explains in Chapter 15, how many people were killed in the Peshtigo fire?
(a) Twenty one hundred.
(b) Seven hundred.
(c) Fifteen hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
5. When do the Mennonites travel to America from Russia?
(a) The 1890s.
(b) The 1900s.
(c) The 1880s.
(d) The 1870s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family that is described in Chapter 31's story?
2. Which one of the following is not mentioned as a job that Jack helps Jim with in Chapter 8?
3. What state does the Peshtigo fire take place in?
4. What does Queen Anne do when she learns of Cornbury's costly hobby?
5. Where does Dr. Joseph find the research for his new execution invention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which similarities of the two ships are the most astonishing in "Futility"?
2. Why does Edwin carry "The Letter" with him in Chapter 22?
3. What dilemma do two brothers have in "All in the Family"?
4. What lesson is outlined in "Strong Man's Weakness"?
5. How does an actress' past cause Harvey to include her story in Chapter 27?
6. What is the surprise ending of Rachmaninoff's story in Chapter 16?
7. How does a father's change of ways help his son in "Bad, Bad Ed O'Hare"?
8. What unusual method for composing operas does Wagner use in "Wagner's Collaborator"?
9. What is the invention of Dr. Joseph in Chapter 34, and what is its purpose?
10. How does Harvey describe the life of W.C. Fields?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)