|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only item stolen from the traveler in Chapter 32?
(a) A belt buckle.
(b) An antique gun.
(c) A mask.
(d) A rope.
2. What is the name of Wagner's dog that helps him with "Tannhauser" before it is released?
3. What event leads Edwin to save the life of Lincoln's son, Robert?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A train accident.
4. Who reads to Patton before he can read or write for himself?
(a) His mother.
(b) His friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His teacher.
5. Which American colonies is Cornbury appointed to govern in Chapter 24?
(a) New York and Connecticut.
(b) New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
(c) New Jersey and Connecticut.
(d) New York and New Jersey.
6. The Mennonites primarily settle in _____________.
7. According to Harvey, what instrument does Jack Benny play that makes a classical composer laugh?
(a) The glockenspiel.
(b) The oboe.
(c) The violin.
(d) The tuba.
8. What year does the opposition to the Thugs gain the throne in Chapter 33?
9. Where is the man's wife kept as she goes insane in Chapter 9?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The basement.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A friend's house.
10. What movie does Catherine Campbell audition for in Chapter 18?
(a) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
11. Where is the important letter that Taylor misses in Chapter 30 originally sent from?
12. What age does Mary Louise begin studying in Chicago in Chapter 27?
13. After carbonated water is added to it, what soda does Pemberton's syrup eventually become?
(d) Dr. Pepper.
14. How long does Jack help Jim with jobs in Chapter 8?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Nine months.
15. What advice does Henry Kissinger receive from his parents in Chapter 23?
(a) To learn about American history.
(b) To not act on impulse.
(c) To use words to solve problems.
(d) To travel to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Giuseppe like fishing in Chapter 29?
2. Which President writes the letter that Edwin carries with him in Chapter 22?
3. What is the nickname given to Al Capone's associate in Chapter 35?
4. Who names Dr. Joseph's invention in Chapter 34?
5. What animal is Jack in Chapter 8?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)