|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname given to Al Capone's associate in Chapter 35?
(a) Careful Eddie.
(b) Artful Eddie.
(c) Cautious Eddie.
(d) Anxious Eddie.
2. As Harvey reveals in Chapter 29, what sport does DiMaggio try before baseball?
3. Why does Minors claim he cannot travel to meet Murray?
(a) He has no transportation.
(b) Physical reasons.
(c) He does not like to travel.
(d) He cannot leave work for that long.
4. What year is it when the historic double date that is described in Chapter 28 takes place?
5. What movie does Catherine Campbell audition for in Chapter 18?
(a) Gone With the Wind.
(b) Wuthering Heights.
(c) Mutiny on the Bounty.
6. How old is Claude Dukenfield when he beats up his father in an act of retaliation?
7. Why does a rugby player pick up the ball during a game in Chapter 19?
(a) He is objecting to a call made by the official.
(b) He is unaware of the rules.
(c) He is cheating.
(d) He is trying to get the attention of his team members.
8. How many people are interviewed for the book mentioned in Chapter 31?
9. What is the name of the ocean liner in Morgan Robertson's book, "Futility"?
(a) The Titanic.
(b) The Immovable.
(c) The Unsinkable.
(d) The Titan.
10. How many consecutive years is Snow Man named the horse of the year?
(a) Only one.
11. What profession does DeForest pursue in Chapter 25?
12. How many feet longer is the actual Titanic than the fictional ship in "Futility"?
(a) Forty- two and a half.
(b) Twenty-two and a half.
(c) Thirty- two and a half.
(d) Fifty- two and a half.
13. What snack food's origin is described in Chapter 12?
(a) The pretzel.
(b) The candy bar.
(c) The potato chip.
14. What state does the Peshtigo fire take place in?
15. What item does the woman in Chapter 7 leave in her car as she pushes it over a cliff?
(a) Her gloves.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Harvey, what instrument does Jack Benny play that makes a classical composer laugh?
2. When does the third opera mentioned in Chapter 37 close?
3. What painter's work is described in Chapter 36?
4. What other skill does Claude Dukenfield combine with juggling to become a vaudeville star?
5. What advice does Henry Kissinger receive from his parents in Chapter 23?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)