|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Harvey explains in Chapter 15, how many people were killed in the Peshtigo fire?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Fifteen hundred.
(c) Twenty one hundred.
(d) Seven hundred.
2. What age does Mary Louise begin studying in Chicago in Chapter 27?
3. How long does Jack help Jim with jobs in Chapter 8?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Nine years.
4. As Harvey reveals in Chapter 29, what sport does DiMaggio try before baseball?
5. Where is the traveler sleeping when his van is broken into during Chapter 32's story?
(a) Their own house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A relative's house.
6. Why does the woman in Chapter 7 attempt to fake her own death?
(a) To frame her husband.
(b) To leave the country.
(c) To claim insurance money.
(d) To frame her friend.
7. How many people are interviewed for the book mentioned in Chapter 31?
8. Why does Taylor begin to refuse his mail in Chapter 30?
(a) The letters are addressed to someone else.
(b) He does not like mail.
(c) The letters have insufficient postage.
(d) He does not have enough room to keep all of the letters.
9. What state does the Peshtigo fire take place in?
10. How many consecutive years is Snow Man named the horse of the year?
(b) Only one.
11. After carbonated water is added to it, what soda does Pemberton's syrup eventually become?
(b) Dr. Pepper.
12. What painter's work is described in Chapter 36?
(a) Franz von Lenbach.
(b) Ludwig Knaus.
(c) Charles Wimar.
(d) Dietz Edzard.
13. Which classical composer is discussed in Chapter 16?
14. How much does the neighbor offer to pay Harry for the horse in "Snow Man"?
(a) Half what Harry paid.
(b) Three times what Harry paid.
(c) Twice what Harry paid.
(d) Four times what Harry paid.
15. How old is Claude Dukenfield when he beats up his father in an act of retaliation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Henry Kissinger receive from his parents in Chapter 23?
2. What can Doyle's favorite teacher guess by observing his patient's mannerisms and physical traits?
3. Who reads to Patton before he can read or write for himself?
4. What do all of the "Mama's Boys" that Harvey discusses in Chapter 4 have in common?
5. What year is Dr. Joseph's execution invention first used?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)