|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment is Pemberton's syrup supposed to cure in Chapter 1?
(b) The flu.
(c) Stomach aches.
2. Where is the traveler sleeping when his van is broken into during Chapter 32's story?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A relative's house.
(d) Their own house.
3. What snack food's origin is described in Chapter 12?
(b) The potato chip.
(c) The candy bar.
(d) The pretzel.
4. How many consecutive years is Snow Man named the horse of the year?
(d) Only one.
5. As stated in Chapter 9, when does Patrick Henry declare the words, "Give me liberty or give me death"?
(a) July 16, 1777.
(b) March 23, 1775.
(c) July 16, 1774.
(d) March 23, 1776.
6. Which President writes the letter that Edwin carries with him in Chapter 22?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Rutherford B. Hayes.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) James Garfield.
7. What is it about the game of football that Harvey depicts in Chapter 19?
8. Which description best describes the stories that Harvey reads on the air?
(a) Interesting facts and riddles.
(b) Trivia and riddles.
(c) Trivia, interesting facts, and riddles.
(d) Trivia and interesting facts.
9. Who is responsible for putting the book of short news stories together?
(a) Fred Thompson.
(b) Paul Harvey's son.
(c) Mitt Romney.
(d) Paul Harvey.
10. How many feet longer is the actual Titanic than the fictional ship in "Futility"?
(a) Forty- two and a half.
(b) Twenty-two and a half.
(c) Fifty- two and a half.
(d) Thirty- two and a half.
11. What age does Mary Louise begin studying in Chicago in Chapter 27?
12. What Massachusetts city is where the show is played in Chapter 10?
13. What happens to the first opera that Harvey describes in Chapter 37?
(a) Wagner does not complete it.
(b) It is separated into three smaller operas, which become very popular.
(c) Wagner completes it, but never allows anyone to hear it.
(d) It becomes Wagner's most popular opera.
14. Where does Dr. Joseph find the research for his new execution invention?
15. Where does Taylor return to after his last battle in Chapter 30?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the teacher place in the trash can in Chapter 6?
2. What profession is the woman in Chapter 7 well known for?
3. Where is the man's wife kept as she goes insane in Chapter 9?
4. After carbonated water is added to it, what soda does Pemberton's syrup eventually become?
5. How old is the future author when he is kidnapped in Chapter 11?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)