Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the crazy woman lose her dentistry license?
2. Who is the first to greet Ione in Chapter 25?
3. What does Thor tell Ione about in their native language in Chapter 25?
4. Where does Reese invite Harriet to in Chapter 18?
5. How do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel "Patty Jane's House of Curl," Lorna Landvik. What other books has she written? Is this novel similar to her other works in term of plot, tone and genre? How is her work received by critics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of alcoholism in the novel "Patty Jane's House of Curl." What are some examples of when alcohol leads to problems for the characters, particularly Harriet. How did Patty Jane's and Harriet's parents' alcoholism affect them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the death and illness motif in "Patty Jane's House of Curl." Who dies in the novel and how do these deaths affect the characters and plot? What are the reasons for their deaths? What do the reactions of the loved ones left behind reveal of their relationships? How does Thor's injury affect his life and the lives of the other characters?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)