|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty Jane go to school to become in Chapter 12?
2. What is the name of Patty Jane's new business?
3. How does Nora react to her father's reappearance in Chapter 23?
4. What do Harriet and Nora do as a surprise in Chapter 24?
5. What does Ione find when she returns in Chapter 25?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Patty Jane. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three examples of conflict in the novel. What are the causes of these conflicts? How do they affect the characters? How are these conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Landvik's use of humor in "Patty Jane's House of Curl." How does Landvik incorporate humor into the novel? What are some examples of humor? What type(s) of humor does she use?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)