Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the crazy woman lose her dentistry license?
2. Who is the first to greet Ione in Chapter 25?
3. What does Thor tell Ione about in their native language in Chapter 25?
4. Where does Reese invite Harriet to in Chapter 18?
5. How do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Landvik's use of humor in "Patty Jane's House of Curl." How does Landvik incorporate humor into the novel? What are some examples of humor? What type(s) of humor does she use?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret Patty Jane's relationships with Thor and Clyde. How does she meet each of these men? What are their first impressions of one another? What problems arise in Patty Jane's marriage to Thor? Who is better suited to Patty Jane, Thor or Clyde?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Nora. What does she reveal of her character while she is the narrator in the epilogue and prologue? Describe her relationships with her parents. What are her defining character traits?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)