|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patty Jane unable to understand about Clyde's sculptures?
2. Why is Ione concerned about traveling in Chapter 25?
3. What happens to Harriet while riding the bus in Chapter 14?
4. What is Thor building in Chapter 22?
5. What is Harriet doing when a bus passes her in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. How important is the setting to a novel? What if the novel had been set in a different place and time? In your opinion, would the choices of main characters be different? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of marriage in the novel. Describe Patty Jane's marriage to Thor. Describe Harriet's marriage to Reese. Are these successful marriages? What do these characters think of marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in the novel "Patty Jane's House of Curl." Who does Patty Jane first fall in love with? How does this relationship sway her decisions and affect the rest of her life? Does she find true happiness with her husband? How does her love for Thor compare for her love for Clyde. How does Harriet's love for Avel compare to her love for Reese?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)