|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ione's gift to Harriet in Chapter 25 from?
(c) New York.
2. How do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
(a) She only shows up for weekend shifts.
(b) She takes on a second job.
(c) She leaves work minutes after arriving.
(d) She begins to work long hours.
3. What is Harriet sick with?
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Liver disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
4. What does Reese arrange for Harriet in Chapter 19?
(a) A doctor's appointment.
(b) A bank loan.
(c) A library card.
(d) A visit with Patty Jane.
5. How does Patty Jane feel about seeing Thor in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harriet see on the bus in Chapter 18?
2. How do Patty Jane and Clyde find themselves rolling in the snow in Chapter 13?
3. Where does Harriet sing her wedding song in Chapter 11?
4. What does Harriet find in the hotel room in Chapter 17?
5. How does Patty Jane decide on the topic of the lectures she will hold at her business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thor's reappearance affect Patty Jane and Clyde's relationship in Chapter 23?
2. How does Reese help Harriet in Chapters 18 and 19?
3. What business does Patty Jane start in Chapter 11?
4. What is Harriet doing when she runs into Reese in Chapter 18? What does Reese give her?
5. Describe Reese and Harriet's wedding in Chapter 24.
6. Where does Harriet awake in Chapter 17? How does she figure out how she got to this place? What does Harriet realize when she looks at the newspaper?
7. How does Harriet end up homeless in Chapter 16? What does she realize will always provide her with a place to sleep?
8. In Chapter 13, why does Clyde insist he and Patty Jane cannot have a relationship?
9. Where do Reese, Clyde, and Harriet find Thor at Temple Curry's home? What does Temple tell them about her past and how she came to be with Thor?
10. In Chapter 16, what does Patty Jane begin to dwell on as Harriet's absence draws out? Who does Patty Jane turn to for comfort?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)