|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to greet Ione in Chapter 25?
(a) Patty Jane.
2. How does Ione feel about seeing her son in Chapter 22?
3. Who does Merry get into an argument with in Chapter 21?
(a) Loretta Smith.
(b) Temple Curry.
(c) Melinda Forrest.
(d) Patty Jane.
4. How did the crazy woman lose her dentistry license?
(a) She fell behind on her paperwork.
(b) She was discovered never to have gone to dental school.
(c) She sold painkillers to patients.
(d) She purposely injured patients.
5. What does Harriet have a vague memory of upon waking up in a hotel room in Chapter 17?
(a) Someone dressed in a tuxedo.
(b) Someone dressed in polyester.
(c) Someone dressed in blue.
(d) Someone dressed in plaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Patty Jane turn to for comfort in Chapter 16?
3. What type of party does Clyde throw in Chapter 24?
4. How many months pass before Ione returns from her trip?
5. How is Temple Curry's house described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Reese and Harriet's wedding in Chapter 24.
2. Where do Reese, Clyde, and Harriet find Thor at Temple Curry's home? What does Temple tell them about her past and how she came to be with Thor?
3. What does Patty Jane decide to do at the House of Curl in Chapter 12?
4. What do the doctors tell Ione and Patty Jane about Thor's condition in Chapter 23?
5. What business does Patty Jane start in Chapter 11?
6. How does Harriet end up homeless in Chapter 16? What does she realize will always provide her with a place to sleep?
7. How does Nora deal with her father's reappearance?
8. Where does Ione go in Chapter 25? What does she learn when she returns home?
9. What is Harriet doing when she runs into Reese in Chapter 18? What does Reese give her?
10. In Chapter 16, what does Patty Jane begin to dwell on as Harriet's absence draws out? Who does Patty Jane turn to for comfort?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)