|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harriet go after the experience on the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To a police station.
(c) To Ione's house.
(d) To see a therapist.
2. Who presents the first lecture at Patty Jane's business?
(a) A politician.
(b) An author.
(c) A nutritionist.
(d) A filmmaker.
3. What is Harriet sick with?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) Liver disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
4. What type of party does Clyde throw in Chapter 24?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) A housewarming party.
(d) A stag party.
5. What gift does Ione give Harriet in Chapter 25?
(a) A watch.
(b) A silk scarf.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A music box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet have a vague memory of upon waking up in a hotel room in Chapter 17?
2. What is Patty Jane unable to understand about Clyde's sculptures?
3. Why is Ione concerned about traveling in Chapter 25?
4. What does Patty Jane go to school to become in Chapter 12?
5. What does the doctor tell Patty Jane and Ione about Thor in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why does Clyde insist he and Patty Jane cannot have a relationship?
2. Describe Reese and Harriet's wedding in Chapter 24.
3. Why does Harriet hope to find Merry in Chapter 21? Who does Harriet spot with the crazy woman in Chapter 21?
4. What does Patty Jane decide to do at the House of Curl in Chapter 12?
5. What is Harriet doing one day when she sees a school bus pass by? Why is the passing of the school bus significant?
6. In Chapter 16, what does Patty Jane begin to dwell on as Harriet's absence draws out? Who does Patty Jane turn to for comfort?
7. What is Harriet doing when she runs into Reese in Chapter 18? What does Reese give her?
8. What do the doctors tell Ione and Patty Jane about Thor's condition in Chapter 23?
9. What does Patty Jane attend in Chapter 18? What does she find incomprehensible about the event?
10. What does Harriet realize about drinking in Chapter 14? How does Patty Jane react when Harriet returns home drunk?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)