|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Thor's affection for Patty Jane to decrease?
(a) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(b) The details of Patty Jane's past being revealed.
(c) Patty Jane's insistance that Thor work all the time.
(d) A new woman he meets.
2. How does Avel get on in South America?
(a) He has a wonderful time.
(b) He has a horrible time.
(c) He has a stressful time.
(d) He has a terrifying time.
3. Who is Harriet?
(a) Patty Jane's guardian.
(b) Patty Jane's mother-in-law.
(c) Patty Jane's best friend.
(d) Patty Jane's sister.
4. Who does Avel give his car keys to in Chapter 2?
(a) A valet.
(b) His brother.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) A little boy.
5. What causes Patty Jane and Ione to become closer in Chapter 3?
(a) Ione's illness.
(b) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(c) Joining a swimming club together.
(d) Their evening walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patty Jane in awe of in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Avel's plane crash?
3. How did Patty Jane's parents die?
4. What is the only reason that Patty Jane will get out of bed in Chapter 7?
5. What argument does Avel make to his sisters about the business trip in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harriet show Avel when he returns to town in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Patty Jane feel about being pregnant?
3. What does Ione organize for the night before Avel is to leave for South America? What does Patty Jane tell Avel to do on that night?
4. Who picks Harriet up in Chapter 2 and where do they go?
5. What do we find out about Nora's father in the prologue?
6. What does Avel give Harriet as an engagement present?
7. Where is "Patty Jane's House of Curl" set? What is the community like?
8. How does Ione anger Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
9. How does Avel set off a fight at a bar on New Year's Eve?
10. How does Patty Jane and Ione's relationship change during Patty Jane's pregnancy?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)