|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harriet say goodbye to Avel in Chapter 8?
(a) At home.
(b) At the airport.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) In a taxi.
2. What does Patty Jane think of Avel when they meet for the first time?
(a) She finds him selfish.
(b) She thinks Harriet could do better.
(c) She distrusts him.
(d) She is impressed.
3. What do Harriet and Ione go to the store for in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Thor go following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) Another woman's home.
(c) To buy tires for his car.
(d) A bar.
5. What causes Thor's affection for Patty Jane to decrease?
(a) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(b) The details of Patty Jane's past being revealed.
(c) A new woman he meets.
(d) Patty Jane's insistance that Thor work all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Avel's plane crash?
2. What does Thor imagine during the photo shoot in Chapter 5?
3. From which country have many of the residents of the community immigrated from?
4. Why does Avel often communicate with his sisters?
5. What kind of company is Avel the heir of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Patty Jane and her sister raised by an aunt? What did the aunt's treatment of the girls spur Patty Jane to do?
2. What happens two days after Thor goes missing? What does Avel do to find Thor?
3. How does Patty Jane act after Thor's disappearance?
4. Where does Thor go after his argument with Patty Jane in the grocery store?
5. Where is "Patty Jane's House of Curl" set? What is the community like?
6. Who picks Harriet up in Chapter 2 and where do they go?
7. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding? How do people react to the announcement?
8. What memory does Nora recall about her mother and a man at a drugstore in the prologue?
9. What does Ione organize for the night before Avel is to leave for South America? What does Patty Jane tell Avel to do on that night?
10. What is the cause of the argument between Patty Jane and Thor in the grocery store?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)