|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avel return with in Chapter 6?
(a) Legal documents.
(b) A new car.
(c) Gifts for the baby.
(d) Photographs of Thor.
2. What do Avel and Thor do with the two women in Chapter 4?
(a) Have several drinks.
(b) Go bowling.
(c) Take them to a hotel.
(d) Go to a party.
3. How does Harriet feel about her impending wedding?
(a) She is stressed.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is worried.
(d) She is depressed.
4. What will Harriet learn at the music school?
(a) Timpani drum, xylophone, and singing.
(b) Trumpet, harp, and singing.
(c) Violin, cello, and singing.
(d) Piano, clarinet, and singing.
5. What is Avel's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event takes place the night before Avel leaves for South America?
2. What is Ione pleased by in Chapter 3?
3. According to Nora, when did her father disappear?
4. Who does Thor eventually spend the night with following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Avel give his car keys to in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Avel set off a fight at a bar on New Year's Eve?
2. Why is Avel happy about the fight in the bar which happens on New Year's Eve?
3. Where does Thor go after his argument with Patty Jane in the grocery store?
4. What does Harriet show Avel when he returns to town in Chapter 6?
5. What bet does Harriet make with Avel Ames in Chapter 2?
6. What do we find out about Nora's father in the prologue?
7. What is Harriet excited about in Chapter 9?
8. What does Avel give Harriet as an engagement present?
9. What memory does Nora recall about her mother and a man at a drugstore in the prologue?
10. What news do Patty Jane and Harriet each receive in Chapter 10?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)