|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Avel get on in South America?
(a) He has a stressful time.
(b) He has a terrifying time.
(c) He has a horrible time.
(d) He has a wonderful time.
2. At what time does Thor head for home following his night out in Chapter 6?
(a) Nine A.M.
(b) Four A.M.
3. Why does Avel pay for Harriet's tuition to a music school?
(a) As a tax write-off.
(b) As a Christmas gift.
(c) As an engagement gift.
(d) He wants to be a record producer.
4. Who does Thor eventually spend the night with following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
(a) A cheerleader.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A nurse.
5. Why is Patty Jane angry at Thor in Chapter 6?
(a) He asked Harriet to stop visiting so frequently.
(b) He refuses to talk about the baby.
(c) He has been seeing another woman.
(d) He has been spending too much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet think about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
2. From which country have many of the residents of the community immigrated from?
3. What does Avel return with in Chapter 6?
4. How are the two women that Avel and Thor spend time with in Chapter 4 described?
5. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patty Jane act after Thor's disappearance?
2. What bet does Harriet make with Avel Ames in Chapter 2?
3. How does Patty Jane act toward others as Thor's absence draws on? Who does Avel bring to help Patty Jane in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 3, how does Patty Jane feel about being pregnant?
5. What do we find out about Nora's father in the prologue?
6. What does Avel send Patty Jane in Chapter 9? What does she do with it?
7. How does Thor show a change during his walk home at dawn in Chapter 6?
8. Why is Avel happy about the fight in the bar which happens on New Year's Eve?
9. How does Ione anger Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
10. What is the cause of the argument between Patty Jane and Thor in the grocery store?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)