|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harriet decide to go for a ride with Avel in Chapter 2?
(a) She recognizes him from a party.
(b) She has a lot of groceries to carry.
(c) He is nice and his car is expensive.
(d) It is pouring rain.
2. How does Harriet feel about her impending wedding?
(a) She is worried.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is stressed.
3. How much does Thor's modeling job pay him?
(a) Just enough to buy a crib.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) A couple hundred dollars.
4. What does Thor imagine during the photo shoot in Chapter 5?
(a) Being on a beach with Patty Jane.
(b) Being a professional football player.
(c) Climbing a mountain.
(d) Speeding down a highway in a sports car.
5. Why is Harriet writing a song in Chapter 9?
(a) To sing to Avel at their wedding.
(b) As part of a school assignment.
(c) To enter in a contest.
(d) To teach to Nora.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after Thor's disappearance does Patty Jane give birth?
2. What does Avel think of his sisters?
3. What does Thor want to buy the baby in Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of the product that Thor will be the new face of?
5. What does Harriet purchase in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens two days after Thor goes missing? What does Avel do to find Thor?
2. What does Avel give Harriet as an engagement present?
3. Why are Thor and Harriet not thrilled about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
4. What does Harriet show Avel when he returns to town in Chapter 6?
5. How does Ione anger Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
6. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding? How do people react to the announcement?
7. Who picks Harriet up in Chapter 2 and where do they go?
8. How does Avel set off a fight at a bar on New Year's Eve?
9. Why is Avel happy about the fight in the bar which happens on New Year's Eve?
10. How does Patty Jane act after Thor's disappearance?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)