|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Avel know the therapist he introduces to Patty Jane in Chapter 8?
(a) From college.
(b) They worked together as teenagers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) From church.
2. What will Harriet learn at the music school?
(a) Trumpet, harp, and singing.
(b) Timpani drum, xylophone, and singing.
(c) Piano, clarinet, and singing.
(d) Violin, cello, and singing.
3. What does Thor want to buy the baby in Chapter 6?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A changing table.
(d) A swing.
4. How does Patty Jane feel about becoming a mother?
(c) Full of dread.
5. Where are Nora and her mother during the prologue of the novel?
(a) At home.
(b) A drug store.
(c) On a bus.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patty Jane in awe of in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Harriet say goodbye to Avel in Chapter 8?
3. What does Thor imagine during the photo shoot in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Harriet decide to go for a ride with Avel in Chapter 2?
5. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet does Harriet make with Avel Ames in Chapter 2?
2. Why is Avel happy about the fight in the bar which happens on New Year's Eve?
3. How does Patty Jane and Ione's relationship change during Patty Jane's pregnancy?
4. How does Thor show a change during his walk home at dawn in Chapter 6?
5. How does Avel set off a fight at a bar on New Year's Eve?
6. What does Ione notice as Patty Jane's pregnancy becomes more obvious?
7. How does Patty Jane act after Thor's disappearance?
8. What news do Patty Jane and Harriet each receive in Chapter 10?
9. How does Ione anger Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
10. Why are Thor and Harriet not thrilled about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)