|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ione?
(a) Thor's mother.
(b) Patty Jane's mother.
(c) Patty Jane's sister.
(d) Nora's aunt.
2. What causes Thor's affection for Patty Jane to decrease?
(a) The details of Patty Jane's past being revealed.
(b) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(c) A new woman he meets.
(d) Patty Jane's insistance that Thor work all the time.
3. What does Avel return with in Chapter 6?
(a) Photographs of Thor.
(b) A new car.
(c) Gifts for the baby.
(d) Legal documents.
4. How does Thor hit his head in Chapter 6?
(a) He wanders into a construction zone.
(b) He gets knocked over by a man on a motorcycle.
(c) He slips on some ice.
(d) He falls down some stairs.
5. Who does Thor eventually spend the night with following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A cheerleader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Avel and Thor do with the two women in Chapter 4?
2. Where do Avel and Thor actually go on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
3. What does Harriet purchase in Chapter 8?
4. How old is Nora during the prologue of the novel?
5. Why does the store clerk give Harriet and Ione a free item in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cause of the argument between Patty Jane and Thor in the grocery store?
2. What bet does Harriet make with Avel Ames in Chapter 2?
3. What do we find out about Nora's father in the prologue?
4. How does Patty Jane and Ione's relationship change during Patty Jane's pregnancy?
5. How does Avel set off a fight at a bar on New Year's Eve?
6. What happens two days after Thor goes missing? What does Avel do to find Thor?
7. Why are Thor and Harriet not thrilled about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
8. What memory does Nora recall about her mother and a man at a drugstore in the prologue?
9. Why were Patty Jane and her sister raised by an aunt? What did the aunt's treatment of the girls spur Patty Jane to do?
10. How does Patty Jane act after Thor's disappearance?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)