|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thor eventually spend the night with following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
(a) A cheerleader.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A secretary.
2. What brand of car is Avel driving when he meets Harriet in Chapter 2?
(a) General Motors.
3. What does Avel send Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
(a) A birthday card.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A pair of baby booties.
4. At what time does Thor head for home following his night out in Chapter 6?
(b) Four A.M.
(d) Nine A.M.
5. How does Thor hit his head in Chapter 6?
(a) He slips on some ice.
(b) He falls down some stairs.
(c) He gets knocked over by a man on a motorcycle.
(d) He wanders into a construction zone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Avel's last name?
2. What is the only reason that Patty Jane will get out of bed in Chapter 7?
3. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding?
4. What does Avel think of his sisters?
5. How does Thor feel about becoming a father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ione organize for the night before Avel is to leave for South America? What does Patty Jane tell Avel to do on that night?
2. What is the cause of the argument between Patty Jane and Thor in the grocery store?
3. Where does Thor go after his argument with Patty Jane in the grocery store?
4. What does Avel send Patty Jane in Chapter 9? What does she do with it?
5. What does Avel give Harriet as an engagement present?
6. What do we find out about Nora's father in the prologue?
7. Who is at the store when Harriet and Ione go to get cigarettes in Chapter 7?
8. Why do Patty Jane and Harriet stay home on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4? What had their plans been?
9. What memory does Nora recall about her mother and a man at a drugstore in the prologue?
10. How does Patty Jane act toward others as Thor's absence draws on? Who does Avel bring to help Patty Jane in Chapter 8?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)