|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Avel get on in South America?
(a) He has a terrifying time.
(b) He has a horrible time.
(c) He has a stressful time.
(d) He has a wonderful time.
2. What will Harriet learn at the music school?
(a) Piano, clarinet, and singing.
(b) Violin, cello, and singing.
(c) Trumpet, harp, and singing.
(d) Timpani drum, xylophone, and singing.
3. What does Avel send Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A birthday card.
(c) A pair of baby booties.
4. What do Harriet and Ione go to the store for in Chapter 7?
5. Where do Avel's sisters decide he needs to go on business in Chapter 7?
(b) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet think about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
2. What is Ione pleased by in Chapter 3?
3. Where do Avel and Thor actually go on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
4. How does Avel know the therapist he introduces to Patty Jane in Chapter 8?
5. What does Avel think of his sisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ione notice as Patty Jane's pregnancy becomes more obvious?
2. Who is at the store when Harriet and Ione go to get cigarettes in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 3, how does Patty Jane feel about being pregnant?
4. How does Ione anger Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
5. What does Ione organize for the night before Avel is to leave for South America? What does Patty Jane tell Avel to do on that night?
6. Why are Thor and Harriet not thrilled about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
7. Who picks Harriet up in Chapter 2 and where do they go?
8. What do we find out about Nora's father in the prologue?
9. Where is "Patty Jane's House of Curl" set? What is the community like?
10. What bet does Harriet make with Avel Ames in Chapter 2?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)