|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harriet and Ione go to the store for in Chapter 7?
2. When did Thor's father die?
(a) In the war.
(b) On Thor's highschool graduation day.
(c) The previous winter.
(d) When Thor was a small boy.
3. To Avel, what does the fight in Chapter 4 prove?
(a) That women find him attractive.
(b) That he should stay away from alcohol.
(c) That Thor considers Avel a friend.
(d) That he is manly despite his size.
4. What does Thor want to buy the baby in Chapter 6?
(a) A swing.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A changing table.
(d) A teddy bear.
5. What do Avel and Harriet do after driving in Chapter 2?
(a) They go to a restaurant.
(b) They go to the movies.
(c) They go to a concert.
(d) They go for a picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Avel pay the two women to not do at midnight what they were paid to do?
2. What does Thor hit his head on in Chapter 6?
3. How is the goodbye between Avel and Harriet described in Chapter 8?
4. What does Avel think of his sisters?
5. What is Ione pleased by in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Patty Jane and Harriet stay home on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4? What had their plans been?
2. What is the cause of the argument between Patty Jane and Thor in the grocery store?
3. How does Avel feel about his sisters? Why do Avel's sisters tell him he and Harriet must put off their wedding.
4. How does Thor show a change during his walk home at dawn in Chapter 6?
5. Who picks Harriet up in Chapter 2 and where do they go?
6. Where is "Patty Jane's House of Curl" set? What is the community like?
7. What kind of job does Avel offer Thor, and why?
8. What happens two days after Thor goes missing? What does Avel do to find Thor?
9. Why are Thor and Harriet not thrilled about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
10. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding? How do people react to the announcement?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)