|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Patty Jane rip up the number of the man in the prologue?
(a) He was one of her husband's friends.
(b) He is married.
(c) He insults Nora.
(d) He is poorly dressed.
2. How much does Thor's modeling job pay him?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Just enough to buy a crib.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) A couple hundred dollars.
3. What does Thor imagine during the photo shoot in Chapter 5?
(a) Climbing a mountain.
(b) Speeding down a highway in a sports car.
(c) Being on a beach with Patty Jane.
(d) Being a professional football player.
4. How does Patty Jane change the longer Thor is gone?
(a) She becomes meaner.
(b) She stops talking.
(c) She starts acting crazy.
(d) She starts asserting herself.
5. How are the two women that Avel and Thor spend time with in Chapter 4 described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the product that Thor will be the new face of?
2. How does Avel get on in South America?
3. Why is Patty Jane angry at Thor in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Patty Jane agree to go with Ione on Christmas Eve in Chapter 3?
5. What do Avel and Harriet do after driving in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who picks Harriet up in Chapter 2 and where do they go?
2. Why are Thor and Harriet not thrilled about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
3. Who is at the store when Harriet and Ione go to get cigarettes in Chapter 7?
4. What does Ione notice as Patty Jane's pregnancy becomes more obvious?
5. Why is Avel happy about the fight in the bar which happens on New Year's Eve?
6. In Chapter 3, how does Patty Jane feel about being pregnant?
7. What is Harriet excited about in Chapter 9?
8. What happens two days after Thor goes missing? What does Avel do to find Thor?
9. What does Avel give Harriet as an engagement present?
10. What is the cause of the argument between Patty Jane and Thor in the grocery store?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)