|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed in Chapter 7 since Thor's disappearance?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
2. What kind of vehicle were the couples going to use on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) A bus.
(b) A flashy convertible.
(c) A limo.
(d) A horse-drawn carriage.
3. What is Patty Jane's maiden name?
4. What does Patty Jane begin to do every day in Chapter 9?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Knit clothes for Nora.
(c) Take walks.
(d) Feed birds in the park.
5. Why does Avel often communicate with his sisters?
(a) They are on the board of Ames Grains.
(b) They take care of his ailing mother.
(c) They all live together.
(d) They put on many charity events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been the original plan on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
2. Where do Thor and Patty Jane argue in Chapter 6?
3. Why does the store clerk give Harriet and Ione a free item in Chapter 7?
4. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding?
5. Why does Harriet decide to go for a ride with Avel in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Patty Jane begin to dwell on as Harriet's absence draws out? Who does Patty Jane turn to for comfort?
2. What spurs Patty Jane to begin looking for a job? What trouble does she run into?
3. What does Patty Jane think about to reminisce about Harriet at her funeral?
4. How does Nora deal with her father's reappearance?
5. What does Harriet show Avel when he returns to town in Chapter 6?
6. Why are Thor and Harriet not thrilled about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
7. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding? How do people react to the announcement?
8. Who picks Harriet up in Chapter 2 and where do they go?
9. What is Harriet excited about in Chapter 9?
10. Why does Patty Jane badger Evelyn Bright in Chapter 26?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)