|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Patty Jane and Ione to become closer in Chapter 3?
(a) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(b) Joining a swimming club together.
(c) Ione's illness.
(d) Their evening walks.
2. Before realizing how much he loves Patty Jane, what does Thor briefly think about after his night out in Chapter 6?
(a) What life was like before he met Patty Jane.
(b) Moving to Las Vegas.
(c) The freedom he would have if he left Patty Jane.
(d) How disappointed his mother would be if he got divorced.
3. How does Thor hit his head in Chapter 6?
(a) He wanders into a construction zone.
(b) He slips on some ice.
(c) He falls down some stairs.
(d) He gets knocked over by a man on a motorcycle.
4. What does Patty Jane become angry at Ione for in Chapter 9?
(a) Taking Nora outside in the cold weather.
(b) Speaking to a therapist about her.
(c) Washing Thor's bathrobe.
(d) Pressuring Patty Jane to find a job.
5. How much money does Avel pay the two women to not do at midnight what they were paid to do?
(a) Enough to cover their bar tab.
(b) Twice as much as they were originally paid.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Enough to buy a bus ticket out of town.
6. Who is Ione?
(a) Thor's mother.
(b) Nora's aunt.
(c) Patty Jane's sister.
(d) Patty Jane's mother.
7. From which country have many of the residents of the community immigrated from?
8. Why is Patty Jane angry at Thor in Chapter 6?
(a) He refuses to talk about the baby.
(b) He has been spending too much money.
(c) He has been seeing another woman.
(d) He asked Harriet to stop visiting so frequently.
9. How did Patty Jane's parents die?
(a) From carbon monoxide poisoning.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) Of old age.
(d) From pneumonia.
10. What will Harriet learn at the music school?
(a) Timpani drum, xylophone, and singing.
(b) Violin, cello, and singing.
(c) Piano, clarinet, and singing.
(d) Trumpet, harp, and singing.
11. What is the only reason that Patty Jane will get out of bed in Chapter 7?
(a) To collect the mail.
(b) To let Ione and Harriet into the apartment.
(c) To eat.
(d) To care for the baby.
12. How is the goodbye between Avel and Harriet described in Chapter 8?
(a) As tearful.
(b) As awkward.
(c) As brusk.
(d) As tense.
13. What does Thor imagine during the photo shoot in Chapter 5?
(a) Being on a beach with Patty Jane.
(b) Climbing a mountain.
(c) Speeding down a highway in a sports car.
(d) Being a professional football player.
14. How does Thor find the modeling shoot in Chapter 5?
15. What are the two women in Chapter 4 getting paid to do at midnight?
(a) Clean-up duty.
(b) Take off their clothes.
(d) Pretend to be police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avel hire in Chapter 6?
2. What kind of company is Avel the heir of?
3. To Avel, what does the fight in Chapter 4 prove?
4. Why does Harriet decide to go for a ride with Avel in Chapter 2?
5. How much does Thor's modeling job pay him?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)