|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avel think of his sisters?
(a) They are kind.
(b) They are angelic.
(c) They are lazy.
(d) They are unfriendly.
2. Where do Avel and Thor actually go on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) A street party.
(b) A bar.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A concert hall.
3. What kind of company is Avel the heir of?
(a) A bread company.
(b) A cracker company.
(c) A cookie company.
(d) A cereal company.
4. What causes Patty Jane and Ione to become closer in Chapter 3?
(a) Their evening walks.
(b) Joining a swimming club together.
(c) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(d) Ione's illness.
5. What is the crazy woman arguing with the clerk at the store about in Chapter 7?
(a) Whether the clerk gave her proper change.
(b) Her credit.
(c) The woman drinking in the store.
(d) Discounted merchandise.
6. Why do Patty Jane and Harriet stay home on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) Harriet has a fight with Avel.
(b) Patty Jane is sick.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) Patty Jane is due to deliver.
7. Who does Thor eventually spend the night with following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A cheerleader.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A waitress.
8. How does Thor feel about becoming a father?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He does not feel ready.
(c) He wishes it had happened earlier.
(d) He is angry.
9. What are the two women in Chapter 4 getting paid to do at midnight?
(a) Take off their clothes.
(c) Clean-up duty.
(d) Pretend to be police officers.
10. Why does Harriet decide to go for a ride with Avel in Chapter 2?
(a) He is nice and his car is expensive.
(b) It is pouring rain.
(c) She recognizes him from a party.
(d) She has a lot of groceries to carry.
11. How much money does Avel pay the two women to not do at midnight what they were paid to do?
(a) Enough to cover their bar tab.
(b) Enough to buy a bus ticket out of town.
(c) Twice as much as they were originally paid.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
12. How much does Thor's modeling job pay him?
(a) Just enough to buy a crib.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) A couple hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
13. Who is Harriet?
(a) Patty Jane's mother-in-law.
(b) Patty Jane's best friend.
(c) Patty Jane's guardian.
(d) Patty Jane's sister.
14. What is Avel's last name?
15. Why does the store clerk give Harriet and Ione a free item in Chapter 7?
(a) For helping him clean up.
(b) For escorting the woman out of the building.
(c) For not calling the police.
(d) For being threatened by the crazy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harriet and Ione go to the store for in Chapter 7?
2. What does Avel send Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
3. What is Patty Jane in awe of in Chapter 3?
4. Where do Avel and Harriet go after the event in Chapter 8?
5. How are the two women that Avel and Thor spend time with in Chapter 4 described?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)