|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Patty Jane and Ione to become closer in Chapter 3?
(a) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(b) Joining a swimming club together.
(c) Their evening walks.
(d) Ione's illness.
2. What does the letter from Thor sent to Patty Jane in Chapter 10 say?
(a) That he is alive and well.
(b) That he had amnesia for a long time.
(c) That he wants to see their child.
(d) That he left her for her own good.
3. What is the name of the product that Thor will be the new face of?
(a) Crunchy Bits.
(b) Manly Munch.
(c) Fightin' Flakes.
(d) Mighty Bites.
4. According to Nora, when did her father disappear?
(a) On her grandmother's birthday.
(b) After her parents divorced.
(c) Before she was born.
(d) When she was three years old.
5. What does Harriet purchase in Chapter 8?
(a) An oil painting.
(b) New curtains for Patty Jane.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A set of silverware.
6. How much time has passed in Chapter 7 since Thor's disappearance?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) Four months.
7. What does Harriet think about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
(a) Patty Jane will make a poor mother.
(b) Patty Jane should have gotten pregnant sooner.
(c) Patty Jane should haven taken some time for herself first.
(d) Harriet is jealous of Patty Jane.
8. Who looked after Patty Jane when her parents died?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her godparents.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Her aunt.
9. What does Patty Jane begin to do every day in Chapter 9?
(a) Feed birds in the park.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Take walks.
(d) Knit clothes for Nora.
10. Who wrote the letter that Harriet shows Avel in Chapter 6?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A college professor.
(d) A doctor.
11. Before realizing how much he loves Patty Jane, what does Thor briefly think about after his night out in Chapter 6?
(a) Moving to Las Vegas.
(b) The freedom he would have if he left Patty Jane.
(c) How disappointed his mother would be if he got divorced.
(d) What life was like before he met Patty Jane.
12. How are the two women that Avel and Thor spend time with in Chapter 4 described?
13. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding?
(a) That she loves someone else.
(b) That she has just conceived their child.
(c) That she wants to leave him.
(d) That she doesn't want children.
14. Why do Patty Jane and Harriet stay home on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) Patty Jane is due to deliver.
(b) Patty Jane is sick.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) Harriet has a fight with Avel.
15. How many days after Thor's disappearance does Patty Jane give birth?
(a) Six days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty Jane advise Avel to do on the night before he leaves for South America?
2. Who does Avel hire in Chapter 6?
3. What event takes place the night before Avel leaves for South America?
4. Why is Harriet writing a song in Chapter 9?
5. What does Thor hit his head on in Chapter 6?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)