|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ione?
(a) Patty Jane's sister.
(b) Thor's mother.
(c) Nora's aunt.
(d) Patty Jane's mother.
2. Who plans the event that takes place in Chapter 8?
(c) Patty Jane.
3. How much does Thor's modeling job pay him?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) A couple hundred dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Just enough to buy a crib.
4. At what time does Thor head for home following his night out in Chapter 6?
(c) Four A.M.
(d) Nine A.M.
5. How much time has passed in Chapter 7 since Thor's disappearance?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Four months.
(d) Three weeks.
6. What does Avel think of his sisters?
(a) They are kind.
(b) They are unfriendly.
(c) They are angelic.
(d) They are lazy.
7. Where do Thor and Patty Jane argue in Chapter 6?
(a) The doctor's office.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) At home.
(d) At a restaurant.
8. Where do Avel and Harriet go after the event in Chapter 8?
(a) To a hotel.
(b) To Ione's house.
(c) To a cafe.
(d) To the lake where Avel proposed.
9. What does Thor imagine during the photo shoot in Chapter 5?
(a) Speeding down a highway in a sports car.
(b) Being a professional football player.
(c) Climbing a mountain.
(d) Being on a beach with Patty Jane.
10. How is the goodbye between Avel and Harriet described in Chapter 8?
(a) As tense.
(b) As tearful.
(c) As awkward.
(d) As brusk.
11. Why does Avel offer Thor a modeling job?
(a) Avel promised Harriet he would.
(b) To thank him for the fight.
(c) He knows with a baby on the way Thor needs a job.
(d) Avel thinks Thor's image will improve sales.
12. To Avel, what does the fight in Chapter 4 prove?
(a) That he is manly despite his size.
(b) That women find him attractive.
(c) That Thor considers Avel a friend.
(d) That he should stay away from alcohol.
13. How does Avel know the therapist he introduces to Patty Jane in Chapter 8?
(a) From church.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) From college.
(d) They worked together as teenagers.
14. From which country have many of the residents of the community immigrated from?
15. Where are Nora and her mother during the prologue of the novel?
(a) On a bus.
(b) A drug store.
(c) At home.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Patty Jane's parents die?
2. How does Patty Jane change the longer Thor is gone?
3. What event takes place the night before Avel leaves for South America?
4. What does Patty Jane advise Avel to do on the night before he leaves for South America?
5. What does the crazy woman do before walking away in Chapter 7?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)