|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harriet?
(a) Patty Jane's guardian.
(b) Patty Jane's best friend.
(c) Patty Jane's sister.
(d) Patty Jane's mother-in-law.
2. What does Patty Jane advise Avel to do on the night before he leaves for South America?
(a) Visit his mother.
(b) Sleep with Harriet.
(c) Have a drink before flying.
(d) Update his will.
3. Who looked after Patty Jane when her parents died?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her godparents.
(d) Her aunt.
4. Before realizing how much he loves Patty Jane, what does Thor briefly think about after his night out in Chapter 6?
(a) What life was like before he met Patty Jane.
(b) Moving to Las Vegas.
(c) The freedom he would have if he left Patty Jane.
(d) How disappointed his mother would be if he got divorced.
5. How does Harriet learn about Avel's plane crash?
(a) A police officer telephones her.
(b) Harriet hears his name read out on the radio.
(c) By reading about it in the paper.
(d) His sisters tell Harriet.
6. How did Patty Jane's parents die?
(a) From pneumonia.
(b) Of old age.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) From carbon monoxide poisoning.
7. Where do Avel's sisters decide he needs to go on business in Chapter 7?
(a) South America.
8. Why do Patty Jane and Harriet stay home on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) Patty Jane is sick.
(b) Patty Jane is due to deliver.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) Harriet has a fight with Avel.
9. How much does Thor's modeling job pay him?
(a) A couple hundred dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Just enough to buy a crib.
10. Where do Avel and Thor actually go on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A street party.
(c) A concert hall.
(d) A bar.
11. Why does Avel often communicate with his sisters?
(a) They put on many charity events.
(b) They are on the board of Ames Grains.
(c) They take care of his ailing mother.
(d) They all live together.
12. Why does Avel pay for Harriet's tuition to a music school?
(a) He wants to be a record producer.
(b) As a Christmas gift.
(c) As a tax write-off.
(d) As an engagement gift.
13. When did Thor's father die?
(a) The previous winter.
(b) When Thor was a small boy.
(c) On Thor's highschool graduation day.
(d) In the war.
14. How does Avel get on in South America?
(a) He has a terrifying time.
(b) He has a stressful time.
(c) He has a wonderful time.
(d) He has a horrible time.
15. How does Patty Jane change the longer Thor is gone?
(a) She stops talking.
(b) She starts acting crazy.
(c) She becomes meaner.
(d) She starts asserting herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patty Jane in awe of in Chapter 3?
2. What kind of company is Avel the heir of?
3. What does the letter from Thor sent to Patty Jane in Chapter 10 say?
4. At what time does Thor head for home following his night out in Chapter 6?
5. Who wrote the letter that Harriet shows Avel in Chapter 6?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)