|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is "Patty Jane's House of Curl" set?
2. Who does Avel give his car keys to in Chapter 2?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) A valet.
(c) A little boy.
(d) His brother.
3. When did Thor's father die?
(a) When Thor was a small boy.
(b) The previous winter.
(c) On Thor's highschool graduation day.
(d) In the war.
4. What does Patty Jane advise Avel to do on the night before he leaves for South America?
(a) Have a drink before flying.
(b) Visit his mother.
(c) Update his will.
(d) Sleep with Harriet.
5. What brand of car is Avel driving when he meets Harriet in Chapter 2?
(d) General Motors.
6. Why does Avel pay for Harriet's tuition to a music school?
(a) As a tax write-off.
(b) As an engagement gift.
(c) As a Christmas gift.
(d) He wants to be a record producer.
7. From which country have many of the residents of the community immigrated from?
8. How much money does Avel pay the two women to not do at midnight what they were paid to do?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Enough to buy a bus ticket out of town.
(c) Enough to cover their bar tab.
(d) Twice as much as they were originally paid.
9. Where are Nora and her mother during the prologue of the novel?
(a) A school.
(b) On a bus.
(c) A drug store.
(d) At home.
10. What does the letter from Thor sent to Patty Jane in Chapter 10 say?
(a) That he is alive and well.
(b) That he wants to see their child.
(c) That he had amnesia for a long time.
(d) That he left her for her own good.
11. How are the two women that Avel and Thor spend time with in Chapter 4 described?
12. What is Avel's last name?
13. Why is Harriet writing a song in Chapter 9?
(a) To sing to Avel at their wedding.
(b) As part of a school assignment.
(c) To teach to Nora.
(d) To enter in a contest.
14. Who is Ione?
(a) Patty Jane's sister.
(b) Patty Jane's mother.
(c) Thor's mother.
(d) Nora's aunt.
15. How does Patty Jane feel about becoming a mother?
(a) Full of dread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avel send Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
2. Before realizing how much he loves Patty Jane, what does Thor briefly think about after his night out in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Patty Jane rip up the number of the man in the prologue?
4. What do Avel and Thor do with the two women in Chapter 4?
5. At what time does Thor head for home following his night out in Chapter 6?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)