|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Harriet writing a song in Chapter 9?
(a) To enter in a contest.
(b) To teach to Nora.
(c) As part of a school assignment.
(d) To sing to Avel at their wedding.
2. Where do Avel's sisters decide he needs to go on business in Chapter 7?
(c) South America.
3. How much money does Avel pay the two women to not do at midnight what they were paid to do?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Enough to cover their bar tab.
(c) Twice as much as they were originally paid.
(d) Enough to buy a bus ticket out of town.
4. What had been the original plan on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) To watch a firework display.
(b) To go to the country club.
(c) To go to the city's downtown area.
(d) To go to a friend's cabin in the woods.
5. Why does Patty Jane rip up the number of the man in the prologue?
(a) He was one of her husband's friends.
(b) He insults Nora.
(c) He is poorly dressed.
(d) He is married.
6. Who does Thor eventually spend the night with following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
(a) A cheerleader.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A waitress.
7. To Avel, what does the fight in Chapter 4 prove?
(a) That women find him attractive.
(b) That he is manly despite his size.
(c) That Thor considers Avel a friend.
(d) That he should stay away from alcohol.
8. Who does Avel give his car keys to in Chapter 2?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A valet.
(d) His brother.
9. When did Thor's father die?
(a) In the war.
(b) When Thor was a small boy.
(c) On Thor's highschool graduation day.
(d) The previous winter.
10. What will Harriet learn at the music school?
(a) Trumpet, harp, and singing.
(b) Timpani drum, xylophone, and singing.
(c) Violin, cello, and singing.
(d) Piano, clarinet, and singing.
11. How does Harriet feel about her impending wedding?
(a) She is stressed.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is worried.
(d) She is depressed.
12. What brand of car is Avel driving when he meets Harriet in Chapter 2?
(a) General Motors.
13. What is Patty Jane's maiden name?
14. How does Patty Jane change the longer Thor is gone?
(a) She becomes meaner.
(b) She starts acting crazy.
(c) She stops talking.
(d) She starts asserting herself.
15. What does Patty Jane name her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event takes place the night before Avel leaves for South America?
2. What are the two women in Chapter 4 getting paid to do at midnight?
3. How much time has passed in Chapter 7 since Thor's disappearance?
4. What does Thor hit his head on in Chapter 6?
5. What do Avel and Thor do with the two women in Chapter 4?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)