|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a fight occur in Chapter 4?
(a) Thor throws a chair at someone.
(b) Avel refuses to pay for his drinks.
(c) The women at the bar accuse Avel and Thor of groping them.
(d) The other patrons are unhappy with Avel.
2. What brand of car is Avel driving when he meets Harriet in Chapter 2?
(b) General Motors.
3. How is the goodbye between Avel and Harriet described in Chapter 8?
(a) As tense.
(b) As brusk.
(c) As tearful.
(d) As awkward.
4. Why does Avel offer Thor a modeling job?
(a) To thank him for the fight.
(b) Avel promised Harriet he would.
(c) He knows with a baby on the way Thor needs a job.
(d) Avel thinks Thor's image will improve sales.
5. What is the name of the product that Thor will be the new face of?
(a) Fightin' Flakes.
(b) Crunchy Bits.
(c) Manly Munch.
(d) Mighty Bites.
6. What argument does Avel make to his sisters about the business trip in Chapter 7?
(a) That someone else could easily go.
(b) That he is terrified of flying in planes.
(c) That they should go themselves and enjoy some sightseeing.
(d) That he has been ill for some time.
7. What does Avel think of his sisters?
(a) They are unfriendly.
(b) They are lazy.
(c) They are kind.
(d) They are angelic.
8. Where does Harriet say goodbye to Avel in Chapter 8?
(a) In a taxi.
(b) At the airport.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) At home.
9. What type of product is Thor modeling for in Chapter 5?
(a) A cookie.
(b) A cereal.
(c) A soap.
(d) A potato chip.
10. Where do Avel and Thor actually go on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) A street party.
(b) A concert hall.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A bar.
11. What is Avel's last name?
12. What does Patty Jane advise Avel to do on the night before he leaves for South America?
(a) Sleep with Harriet.
(b) Have a drink before flying.
(c) Visit his mother.
(d) Update his will.
13. What had been the original plan on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) To go to the country club.
(b) To go to a friend's cabin in the woods.
(c) To go to the city's downtown area.
(d) To watch a firework display.
14. Who wrote the letter that Harriet shows Avel in Chapter 6?
(a) A college professor.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A bartender.
15. At what time does Thor head for home following his night out in Chapter 6?
(c) Nine A.M.
(d) Four A.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patty Jane rip up the number of the man in the prologue?
2. What does Thor hit his head on in Chapter 6?
3. What is the crazy woman arguing with the clerk at the store about in Chapter 7?
4. How does Thor feel about becoming a father?
5. How does Patty Jane feel about becoming a mother?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)