Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crazy woman do before walking away in Chapter 7?
(a) She pushes her purchases onto the floor.
(b) She shouts at Harriet.
(c) She kicks the clerk.
(d) She knocks over a display case.
2. Why is Harriet writing a song in Chapter 9?
(a) To teach to Nora.
(b) As part of a school assignment.
(c) To sing to Avel at their wedding.
(d) To enter in a contest.
3. How does Avel get on in South America?
(a) He has a terrifying time.
(b) He has a wonderful time.
(c) He has a stressful time.
(d) He has a horrible time.
4. Why is Patty Jane angry at Thor in Chapter 6?
(a) He has been spending too much money.
(b) He asked Harriet to stop visiting so frequently.
(c) He has been seeing another woman.
(d) He refuses to talk about the baby.
5. What is Ione pleased by in Chapter 3?
(a) Patty Jane's and Thor's open affection.
(b) Thor's work ethic.
(c) Patty Jane's good sense.
(d) Harriet's kindness toward her sister.
6. Who is Harriet?
(a) Patty Jane's guardian.
(b) Patty Jane's best friend.
(c) Patty Jane's sister.
(d) Patty Jane's mother-in-law.
7. From which country have many of the residents of the community immigrated from?
8. What kind of vehicle were the couples going to use on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) A bus.
(b) A flashy convertible.
(c) A horse-drawn carriage.
(d) A limo.
9. What is Thor's last name?
10. How are the two women that Avel and Thor spend time with in Chapter 4 described?
11. What is Patty Jane's maiden name?
12. Where do Avel and Thor actually go on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) A street party.
(b) A concert hall.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A bar.
13. What does Patty Jane begin to do every day in Chapter 9?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Knit clothes for Nora.
(c) Feed birds in the park.
(d) Take walks.
14. When did Thor's father die?
(a) The previous winter.
(b) In the war.
(c) When Thor was a small boy.
(d) On Thor's highschool graduation day.
15. What causes Patty Jane and Ione to become closer in Chapter 3?
(a) Joining a swimming club together.
(b) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(c) Their evening walks.
(d) Ione's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avel return with in Chapter 6?
2. Where do Avel's sisters decide he needs to go on business in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Patty Jane agree to go with Ione on Christmas Eve in Chapter 3?
4. How does Avel know the therapist he introduces to Patty Jane in Chapter 8?
5. Where does Harriet say goodbye to Avel in Chapter 8?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)