|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Avel pay the two women to not do at midnight what they were paid to do?
(a) Enough to cover their bar tab.
(b) Twice as much as they were originally paid.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Enough to buy a bus ticket out of town.
2. Where are Nora and her mother during the prologue of the novel?
(a) At home.
(b) On a bus.
(c) A drug store.
(d) A school.
3. Where does Harriet say goodbye to Avel in Chapter 8?
(a) At the airport.
(b) At home.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) In a taxi.
4. How does Thor hit his head in Chapter 6?
(a) He gets knocked over by a man on a motorcycle.
(b) He wanders into a construction zone.
(c) He slips on some ice.
(d) He falls down some stairs.
5. What do Harriet and Ione go to the store for in Chapter 7?
6. At what time does Thor head for home following his night out in Chapter 6?
(a) Nine A.M.
(b) Four A.M.
7. What brand of car is Avel driving when he meets Harriet in Chapter 2?
(a) General Motors.
8. What is Ione pleased by in Chapter 3?
(a) Thor's work ethic.
(b) Patty Jane's good sense.
(c) Patty Jane's and Thor's open affection.
(d) Harriet's kindness toward her sister.
9. Why does Avel pay for Harriet's tuition to a music school?
(a) As an engagement gift.
(b) He wants to be a record producer.
(c) As a tax write-off.
(d) As a Christmas gift.
10. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding?
(a) That she wants to leave him.
(b) That she doesn't want children.
(c) That she has just conceived their child.
(d) That she loves someone else.
11. How does Thor feel about becoming a father?
(a) He does not feel ready.
(b) He wishes it had happened earlier.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is excited.
12. Why does Avel offer Thor a modeling job?
(a) Avel promised Harriet he would.
(b) He knows with a baby on the way Thor needs a job.
(c) To thank him for the fight.
(d) Avel thinks Thor's image will improve sales.
13. What does Patty Jane advise Avel to do on the night before he leaves for South America?
(a) Have a drink before flying.
(b) Sleep with Harriet.
(c) Visit his mother.
(d) Update his will.
14. How does Patty Jane feel about becoming a mother?
(d) Full of dread.
15. What do Avel and Thor do with the two women in Chapter 4?
(a) Have several drinks.
(b) Take them to a hotel.
(c) Go bowling.
(d) Go to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avel hire in Chapter 6?
2. Who plans the event that takes place in Chapter 8?
3. What do Avel and Harriet do after driving in Chapter 2?
4. What does Avel think of his sisters?
5. How is the goodbye between Avel and Harriet described in Chapter 8?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)