|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Avel pay the two women to not do at midnight what they were paid to do?
(a) Enough to cover their bar tab.
(b) Enough to buy a bus ticket out of town.
(c) Twice as much as they were originally paid.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
2. How does Harriet feel about her impending wedding?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is worried.
(c) She is stressed.
(d) She is excited.
3. Why does Patty Jane rip up the number of the man in the prologue?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is poorly dressed.
(c) He was one of her husband's friends.
(d) He insults Nora.
4. What is Patty Jane's maiden name?
5. How does Thor find the modeling shoot in Chapter 5?
6. What does Thor imagine during the photo shoot in Chapter 5?
(a) Speeding down a highway in a sports car.
(b) Climbing a mountain.
(c) Being a professional football player.
(d) Being on a beach with Patty Jane.
7. What does Harriet purchase in Chapter 8?
(a) New curtains for Patty Jane.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) An oil painting.
(d) A set of silverware.
8. What is the name of the product that Thor will be the new face of?
(a) Mighty Bites.
(b) Manly Munch.
(c) Fightin' Flakes.
(d) Crunchy Bits.
9. What kind of company is Avel the heir of?
(a) A cracker company.
(b) A bread company.
(c) A cereal company.
(d) A cookie company.
10. When did Thor's father die?
(a) In the war.
(b) When Thor was a small boy.
(c) The previous winter.
(d) On Thor's highschool graduation day.
11. How does Avel know the therapist he introduces to Patty Jane in Chapter 8?
(a) From church.
(b) From college.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They worked together as teenagers.
12. What is the only reason that Patty Jane will get out of bed in Chapter 7?
(a) To care for the baby.
(b) To eat.
(c) To collect the mail.
(d) To let Ione and Harriet into the apartment.
13. What does Patty Jane announce to Thor on the morning after their wedding?
(a) That she wants to leave him.
(b) That she doesn't want children.
(c) That she has just conceived their child.
(d) That she loves someone else.
14. How did Patty Jane's parents die?
(a) From carbon monoxide poisoning.
(b) Of old age.
(c) From pneumonia.
(d) In a car accident.
15. What is Ione pleased by in Chapter 3?
(a) Thor's work ethic.
(b) Harriet's kindness toward her sister.
(c) Patty Jane's and Thor's open affection.
(d) Patty Jane's good sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty Jane begin to do every day in Chapter 9?
2. What does Harriet think about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
3. Who is Harriet?
4. Where does Harriet say goodbye to Avel in Chapter 8?
5. What does Thor want to buy the baby in Chapter 6?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)