|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Avel get on in South America?
(a) He has a wonderful time.
(b) He has a terrifying time.
(c) He has a stressful time.
(d) He has a horrible time.
2. Where do Avel's sisters decide he needs to go on business in Chapter 7?
(b) South America.
3. How much time has passed in Chapter 7 since Thor's disappearance?
(a) Four months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
4. How does Thor feel about becoming a father?
(a) He wishes it had happened earlier.
(b) He does not feel ready.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is excited.
5. Before realizing how much he loves Patty Jane, what does Thor briefly think about after his night out in Chapter 6?
(a) How disappointed his mother would be if he got divorced.
(b) What life was like before he met Patty Jane.
(c) The freedom he would have if he left Patty Jane.
(d) Moving to Las Vegas.
6. What does Harriet purchase in Chapter 8?
(a) New curtains for Patty Jane.
(b) An oil painting.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A set of silverware.
7. How are the two women that Avel and Thor spend time with in Chapter 4 described?
8. What does Harriet think about Patty Jane's pregnancy?
(a) Harriet is jealous of Patty Jane.
(b) Patty Jane will make a poor mother.
(c) Patty Jane should have gotten pregnant sooner.
(d) Patty Jane should haven taken some time for herself first.
9. What is the name of the product that Thor will be the new face of?
(a) Fightin' Flakes.
(b) Manly Munch.
(c) Crunchy Bits.
(d) Mighty Bites.
10. Why does Avel often communicate with his sisters?
(a) They are on the board of Ames Grains.
(b) They all live together.
(c) They put on many charity events.
(d) They take care of his ailing mother.
11. How does Patty Jane change the longer Thor is gone?
(a) She starts asserting herself.
(b) She stops talking.
(c) She starts acting crazy.
(d) She becomes meaner.
12. What is Patty Jane in awe of in Chapter 3?
(a) Her changing body.
(b) Thor's helpfulness.
(c) Ione's generosity.
(d) A single mother she befriends.
13. What are the two women in Chapter 4 getting paid to do at midnight?
(a) Pretend to be police officers.
(c) Take off their clothes.
(d) Clean-up duty.
14. What causes Patty Jane and Ione to become closer in Chapter 3?
(a) Their evening walks.
(b) Patty Jane's pregnancy.
(c) Joining a swimming club together.
(d) Ione's illness.
15. Who is Ione?
(a) Patty Jane's sister.
(b) Nora's aunt.
(c) Patty Jane's mother.
(d) Thor's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avel give his car keys to in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Harriet say goodbye to Avel in Chapter 8?
3. What does Patty Jane become angry at Ione for in Chapter 9?
4. What causes Thor's affection for Patty Jane to decrease?
5. How does Patty Jane feel about becoming a mother?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)