|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brand of car is Avel driving when he meets Harriet in Chapter 2?
(d) General Motors.
2. What do Avel and Harriet do after driving in Chapter 2?
(a) They go to a restaurant.
(b) They go to a concert.
(c) They go to the movies.
(d) They go for a picnic.
3. Who does Avel hire in Chapter 6?
(a) A security guard.
(b) An assistant.
(c) A private detective.
(d) A wedding planner.
4. Who wrote the letter that Harriet shows Avel in Chapter 6?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A college professor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A bartender.
5. Where does Thor go following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
(a) A bar.
(b) His brother's house.
(c) Another woman's home.
(d) To buy tires for his car.
6. Who is Ione?
(a) Thor's mother.
(b) Nora's aunt.
(c) Patty Jane's mother.
(d) Patty Jane's sister.
7. What is Thor's last name?
8. What does Patty Jane become angry at Ione for in Chapter 9?
(a) Taking Nora outside in the cold weather.
(b) Pressuring Patty Jane to find a job.
(c) Speaking to a therapist about her.
(d) Washing Thor's bathrobe.
9. What does Thor imagine during the photo shoot in Chapter 5?
(a) Being on a beach with Patty Jane.
(b) Climbing a mountain.
(c) Speeding down a highway in a sports car.
(d) Being a professional football player.
10. How does Thor hit his head in Chapter 6?
(a) He gets knocked over by a man on a motorcycle.
(b) He slips on some ice.
(c) He wanders into a construction zone.
(d) He falls down some stairs.
11. What are the two women in Chapter 4 getting paid to do at midnight?
(b) Clean-up duty.
(c) Take off their clothes.
(d) Pretend to be police officers.
12. When did Thor's father die?
(a) When Thor was a small boy.
(b) On Thor's highschool graduation day.
(c) The previous winter.
(d) In the war.
13. Who does Avel give his car keys to in Chapter 2?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) His brother.
(d) A valet.
14. Why does Avel pay for Harriet's tuition to a music school?
(a) As an engagement gift.
(b) As a tax write-off.
(c) He wants to be a record producer.
(d) As a Christmas gift.
15. Where does Avel's plane crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Patty Jane and Harriet stay home on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
2. What does Avel send Patty Jane in Chapter 9?
3. Who looked after Patty Jane when her parents died?
4. What is Ione pleased by in Chapter 3?
5. What does Patty Jane begin to do every day in Chapter 9?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)