|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harriet decide to go for a ride with Avel in Chapter 2?
(a) She recognizes him from a party.
(b) He is nice and his car is expensive.
(c) It is pouring rain.
(d) She has a lot of groceries to carry.
2. What does the letter from Thor sent to Patty Jane in Chapter 10 say?
(a) That he left her for her own good.
(b) That he is alive and well.
(c) That he wants to see their child.
(d) That he had amnesia for a long time.
3. How much time has passed in Chapter 7 since Thor's disappearance?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Four months.
4. Where do Avel and Thor actually go on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A bar.
(c) A street party.
(d) A concert hall.
5. How does Thor hit his head in Chapter 6?
(a) He gets knocked over by a man on a motorcycle.
(b) He wanders into a construction zone.
(c) He falls down some stairs.
(d) He slips on some ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which country have many of the residents of the community immigrated from?
2. Who wrote the letter that Harriet shows Avel in Chapter 6?
3. Who is Harriet?
4. What does Harriet purchase in Chapter 8?
5. What kind of vehicle were the couples going to use on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)