|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Patty Jane rip up the number of the man in the prologue?
(a) He was one of her husband's friends.
(b) He is poorly dressed.
(c) He insults Nora.
(d) He is married.
2. What does Avel return with in Chapter 6?
(a) Photographs of Thor.
(b) Legal documents.
(c) A new car.
(d) Gifts for the baby.
3. Why do Patty Jane and Harriet stay home on New Year's Eve in Chapter 4?
(a) Harriet has a fight with Avel.
(b) The weather is bad.
(c) Patty Jane is sick.
(d) Patty Jane is due to deliver.
4. What argument does Avel make to his sisters about the business trip in Chapter 7?
(a) That they should go themselves and enjoy some sightseeing.
(b) That he has been ill for some time.
(c) That someone else could easily go.
(d) That he is terrified of flying in planes.
5. What is the only reason that Patty Jane will get out of bed in Chapter 7?
(a) To eat.
(b) To let Ione and Harriet into the apartment.
(c) To care for the baby.
(d) To collect the mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crazy woman do before walking away in Chapter 7?
2. How old is Nora during the prologue of the novel?
3. To Avel, what does the fight in Chapter 4 prove?
4. Why does Avel offer Thor a modeling job?
5. Where does Thor go following his argument with Patty Jane in Chapter 6?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)