Prologue and Part 1: Chapters 1-2
1. Where is "Patty Jane's House of Curl" set?
2. From which country have many of the residents of the community immigrated from?
3. What is Thor's last name?
4. Where are Nora and her mother during the prologue of the novel?
(a) A drug store.
(b) At home.
(c) On a bus.
(d) A school.
5. According to Nora, when did her father disappear?
(a) Before she was born.
(b) On her grandmother's birthday.
(c) When she was three years old.
(d) After her parents divorced.
6. Why does Patty Jane rip up the number of the man in the prologue?
(a) He was one of her husband's friends.
(b) He insults Nora.
(c) He is poorly dressed.
(d) He is married.
7. How old is Nora during the prologue of the novel?
8. Who is Ione?
(a) Patty Jane's mother.
(b) Thor's mother.
(c) Patty Jane's sister.
(d) Nora's aunt.
This section contains 4,587 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)