|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the affliction of Antanor that is first seen in this section of the book?
2. How many maidens are carrying candles as a part of the procession in the castle?
3. Where does Gahmuret go in order to help Baruc fight the Babylonians, though he ends up meeting his death there?
4. An assembly of ________ petitions the new kind to show his love for Gahmuret as a brother who wants to explore the world.
5. Queen Condwiramurs exceeds all other Queens in her __________, even though others warned Parzival to not offer help to her.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the eldest son after his father passes, according to the story's contents?
2. What happens to cause Gahmuret to want to leave his position as Ampflise's knight?
3. What does Queen Herzeloyde do when she finds out that her son wants to be a knight?
4. What does Parzival come across one day, despite the rules that his mother has for him?
5. What happens when Clamide arrives at King Arthur's court after his defeat in battle?
6. What does the page walk through the room carrying when Parzival is at the castle?
7. What does Clamide do in response to learning that Parzival has beaten his knights and that the Queen wants to marry Parzival?
8. What is the book that inspired the current tale, "Parzival"?
9. What does the Repanse de Schoye carry as he walks into the room during Parzival's visit?
10. What does Parzival do, even though he has been warned not to do so by knights on the other side of the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the knights are reared by other people when their families die or other circumstances take place.
Part 1: Why do you think many knights are raised in other families?
Part 2: Do you think that a knight should be brought up by his own family?
Part 3: How do you think being raised by another changes the way a person is in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the men fight in order to establish honor among other men and other leaders.
Part 1: Why is fighting the way that people establish honor in these times?
Part 2: Do you think that fighting is a way to establish order in a society?
Part 3: Do you think that you would fight in order to get into a higher position in society?
Essay Topic 3
Orilus, upon feeling his wife has been unfaithful, punishes her severely when he returns.
Part 1: Why do you think Orilus thinks his wife has been unfaithful?
Part 2: Is it right to punish someone if you don't know they're guilty?
Part 3: How do you think Orilus should have handled this situation with his wife?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)