|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gahmuret learn from another, causing him to become deep in sorrow?
2. ________, the Queen of France, is the one who Gahmuret has the most passion for during this part of the story.
3. Gurnemanz's teachings to Parzival prevent Parzival from ___________ when he is in the presence of the Gral.
4. What does Queen Herzeloyde forbid others from teaching to Parzival?
5. Gawan must forgo _______ until he settles the matter of the duel, despite the pleading of Lyppaut.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyppaut offer to supply to Gawan during this section?
2. Why did Obie deny the affections of Duke Lyppaut, according to the story's content?
3. What does Queen Condwiramurs tell Parzival when she sneaks into his chambers late one evening?
4. What does Parzival do, even though he has been warned not to do so by knights on the other side of the door?
5. What does the Queen of Waleis offer to the winner of the tournament that is in her land?
6. What happens to cause Gahmuret to want to leave his position as Ampflise's knight?
7. Why does Keie decide to challenge Parzival as well during this chapter?
8. Why does Orilus act so violently towards his wife when he returns from battle?
9. What does Clamide do in response to learning that Parzival has beaten his knights and that the Queen wants to marry Parzival?
10. What happens when Clamide arrives at King Arthur's court after his defeat in battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gahmuret wants to leave in order to get all that he wants in the world, but he never sees his family again.
Part 1: Do you think you could leave your home and never see your family again?
Part 2: Why do you think Gahmuret feels that strongly about his journey?
Part 3: How do you think you might have handled the situation that Gahmuret is in?
Essay Topic 2
Obilot wants Gawan to be her knight, though she does not know what this means or what she needs to do.
Part 1: Does it seem that Obilot needs a knight?
Part 2: Why is Obilot so innocent of the things that she needs to do to have a knight?
Part 3: Do you think that Obilot and Gawan would be a good partnership?
Essay Topic 3
Gahmuret is unhappy when he realizes that he is not taking up arms for his Queen, so he sneaks away.
Part 1: What do you think the purpose of a knight is?
Part 2: Do you think you would be happy about the position of being a knight without having to take up arms?
Part 3: What is so important about fighting for someone else?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)