|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the son who the Queen gives birth to after Gahmuret leaves?
2. What does Lyppaut have made for Obilot so that one of the sleeves can be given to Gawan?
3. Who decides to take his leave even though his brother is sad to see him go?
4. What is the consummation of heart's desire, its root and its blossoming?
5. Kingrimursel accuses ________ of murdering his lord, and then challenges him to a fight.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the book that inspired the current tale, "Parzival"?
2. Why does Keie decide to challenge Parzival as well during this chapter?
3. What does an assembly of princes petition after the death of the King of Anjou?
4. What does Lyppaut offer to supply to Gawan during this section?
5. Why did Obie deny the affections of Duke Lyppaut, according to the story's content?
6. What is so miraculous about the Gral during this section's particular gathering?
7. What is the intention of King Arthur as he rides in search of Parzival?
8. What does Parzival do, even though he has been warned not to do so by knights on the other side of the door?
9. What happens to the eldest son after his father passes, according to the story's contents?
10. Why does Gawan forgo fighting during this section of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gawan is going to fight a person, even though he knows that he is innocent of the charges against him.
Part 1: Do you think Gawan should fight if he is innocent?
Part 2: How can Gawan prove that he is innocent of the charges?
Part 3: What might people think if Gawan did not show up for the fight?
Essay Topic 2
Condwiramurs allows her husband to leave to visit his family as her love allows her to deny him nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think Parzival wants to leave?
Part 2: Do you think love means never denying your lover anything?
Part 3: How do think you might have responded if Parzival had asked you if he could go visit his family?
Essay Topic 3
Gahmuret wants to leave in order to get all that he wants in the world, but he never sees his family again.
Part 1: Do you think you could leave your home and never see your family again?
Part 2: Why do you think Gahmuret feels that strongly about his journey?
Part 3: How do you think you might have handled the situation that Gahmuret is in?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)