|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees an army marching in grand style when he emerges from the forest during the beginning of this section?
(a) King Arthur.
2. What is Wolfram able to change in his status as described in #2?
3. Who is running through Parzival's mind after he leaves King Arthur's court?
(a) His mother.
4. How many kingdoms does Queen Herzeloyde have, according to the story?
5. Who does Antanor tell Parzival he will avenge someday, which causes Antanor to be struck?
(b) His mother.
(c) Lady Orgeluse.
(d) Lady Cunneware.
Short Answer Questions
1. Obilot believes that Gawan is a __________ when they first meet at this point of the story.
2. What does Gahmuret live happily as for a while, but soon he becomes bored and wants to do more with his life?
3. What is Parzival seeking when he talks to the Angler during that evening?
4. Wolfram himself was an unfree _______, bound to the service of a lord according to the Introduction.
5. What does the Queen dress her son in so as to make sure that he is not accepted as a knight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Queen Herzeloyde forbid others around her from doing with her son?
2. What happens when Segramors rides out to challenge Parzival?
3. Where does an angler direct Parzival when he comes to a lake in the evening?
4. Why did Obie deny the affections of Duke Lyppaut, according to the story's content?
5. What does the page walk through the room carrying when Parzival is at the castle?
6. What is in the letter that Ampflise sends to Gahmuret via messenger?
7. What is so miraculous about the Gral during this section's particular gathering?
8. What does Queen Herzeloyde do when she finds out that her son wants to be a knight?
9. What happens as a result of Gahmuret's wish being granted after the king grants him all that he wants?
10. What happens to the eldest son after his father passes, according to the story's contents?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)