|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Queen Condwiramurs exceeds all other Queens in her __________, even though others warned Parzival to not offer help to her.
2. What does the Queen dress her son in so as to make sure that he is not accepted as a knight?
(a) Formal garments.
(d) Fool's clothing.
3. What is the name of the King who wants to marry Queen Condwiramurs, though she does not want to marry him?
4. Who offers to be Parzival's host and to train him after Parzival decides to leave King Arthur's Court?
(c) No one.
5. Ampflise sends a note to Gahmuret, offering her __________ in exchange for love unrequited.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________, the Queen of France, is the one who Gahmuret has the most passion for during this part of the story.
2. Obie believes that Gawan is a __________ when they first meet as Gawan tries to determine what the situation is.
3. The ________ bestows the sword upon Parzival and says that it will stand in good stead whenever it is tested in battle.
4. Who decides to take his leave even though his brother is sad to see him go?
5. Gawan commits Meljanz to Obilot as her ________ and she commands Meljanz to transfer his homage to Obie.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gahmuret set out for Toledo to find, according to the story?
2. Where does an angler direct Parzival when he comes to a lake in the evening?
3. Why does Gawan forgo fighting during this section of the story?
4. What is the intention of King Arthur as he rides in search of Parzival?
5. What does Gawan learn about the army marching in grand style?
6. What happens as a result of Gahmuret's wish being granted after the king grants him all that he wants?
7. What is in the letter that Ampflise sends to Gahmuret via messenger?
8. What does Clamide do in response to learning that Parzival has beaten his knights and that the Queen wants to marry Parzival?
9. Why did Obie deny the affections of Duke Lyppaut, according to the story's content?
10. What does Queen Herzeloyde do when she finds out that her son wants to be a knight?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)