|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queen Herzeloyde forbid others from teaching to Parzival?
(a) His brother.
(c) Her labor.
(d) His father.
2. What does Lyppaut have made for Obilot so that one of the sleeves can be given to Gawan?
(a) Wedding dress.
3. What does Gahmuret live happily as for a while, but soon he becomes bored and wants to do more with his life?
4. Who decides to take his leave even though his brother is sad to see him go?
(d) King of Anjou.
5. What does Gahmuret learn from another, causing him to become deep in sorrow?
(a) His sister died.
(b) His mother died.
(c) His brother died.
(d) His father died.
6. ________ requests permission to joust with Parzival, but he is also beaten when he comes face to face with him.
7. Queen Condawiramurs has said that she would rather ___________ than to marry Clamide.
(a) Run away.
(b) Give up her lands.
(c) Fight with a sword.
(d) Commit suicide.
8. What is the affliction of Antanor that is first seen in this section of the book?
9. _________ visits Gawan and convinces him to be her knight, promising to provide love tokens in return.
10. Parzival tells the seneschal to submit the surrender of Clamide to Lady Cunneware as well as to _____________.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) Lady Bene.
11. _________ was asked to reward the attentions of King Meljanz, which she does not.
12. An assembly of ________ petitions the new kind to show his love for Gahmuret as a brother who wants to explore the world.
13. Who rides out in search of Parzival with the intention of making him a part of the Round Table?
(a) King Arthur.
14. Queen __________ makes sure that Gawan is well taken care of and he blushes at the honors that are bestowed upon him.
15. What is the name of the city that the King bequeathed to his daughter, Condwiramurs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a page carry as he walks through the room at the castle where Parzival is welcomed?
2. What does the falconer lose as a part of the trip of King Arthur?
3. Queen Condwiramurs does not stop Parzival from going as her ________ allows her to deny him nothing.
4. Who is accused for being the reason why a woman is dressed in shabby clothing?
5. Wolfram tackles the retelling of a tale of great ___________, of inborn womanhood, and manly virtue.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)