|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Soup and the Clouds", what does the man call his wife?
2. How does the boy in "The Rope" die?
3. How does the man lose his halo in "Loss of a Halo"?
4. How is the thoroughbred described in "A Thoroughbred"?
5. What is the Devil afraid of in "The Generous Gambler"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Baudelaire's use of symbolism in this collection. Consider the symbolism tied to dogs, demons, chimeras, and fairies.
Essay Topic 2
How is greed a motivating factor in several of these poems? What message about greed is delivered?
Essay Topic 3
What is the poet's commentary on the arts? What are his commentaries on artists and the art community?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)