Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
2. In "The Gallant Marksman", what does the man attribute his shooting skills to?
3. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
4. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
5. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
Is the poet's use of different narrators effective? Why?
Analyze the beggar motif throughout this collection.
How does Baudelaire contradict himself throughout these poems? Why might this be?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)