|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
2. In "The Rope", when are illusion and reality described as being the same?
3. Because of the Moon's actions in "The Favors of the Moon", what happens to the child's skin?
4. Why is the narrator of "The Firing Range and the Graveyard" criticized?
5. In "Vocations", what makes the boy who says he is not very happy excited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of pleasure in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the beggar motif throughout this collection.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the poet's analysis of class systems in this collection of poems. What relationships between the classes does he show? How are the classes defined? What is his commentary on both the upper and lower classes?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)