|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Firing Range and the Graveyard", to whom does the narrator think the tavern is in homage?
2. In "The Port", who is described as coming into the port?
3. In "Solitude", how does the journalist back up his statement that solitude is bad for men?
4. What does the Moon leave with the child in "The Favors of the Moon"?
5. Why does the artist in "The Rope" want to paint the child so frequently?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the references to religion in these poems. What role does religion play in deciding what is good or evil? What else helps to control morality other than religion?
Essay Topic 2
This collection is considered an example of modernism. Define the literary movement and explain how Baudelaire fits, and does not fit, in with the movement.
Essay Topic 3
Research Baudelaire's history. How does this collection fit in with his biography? How is it influenced by the poet's life?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)