|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "The Mirror" question the man looking into a mirror?
2. In "Which is the Real One?", why are the first beautiful woman's eyes wide?
3. In "The Gallant Marksman", what does the man attribute his shooting skills to?
4. What part of the child does the Moon touch in "The Favors of the Moon"?
5. In "Already!" what does the narrator see in the sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
2. How does Baudelaire describe ports in "The Port"?
3. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
4. In "Loss of a Halo", what does the man say about losing his halo?
5. What happens when land is spotted in "Already!"?
6. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
7. What is Dorothy's goal in "Beautiful Dorothy"?
8. Why are windows lit by candles preferred in "Windows"?
9. How does the man feel when he discovers his friend has counterfeit coins in "Counterfeit Money"?
10. How does Fancioulle work to save his life in "A Heroic Death"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of pleasure in this book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the city in the lives of people?
Essay Topic 3
How does Baudelaire contradict himself throughout these poems? Why might this be?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)