|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of the passengers on the boat in "Already!" say when they see land?
2. Where are the men in "Portraits of Mistresses"?
3. In "Get Yourself Drunk", what does Baudelaire say slavery is?
4. In "The Eyes of the Poor", how many children does the narrator say the poor man had with him?
5. What do the passengers on the ship in "Already!" talk about?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between the titles of the poems in this collection and the poems themselves.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the poet's use of the prose format. Is this effective? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How does the poet use descriptive language in his works? What is the effect of this type of language?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)