Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
2. In "The Gallant Marksman", what does the man attribute his shooting skills to?
3. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
4. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
5. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the poetic devices Baudelaire uses such as rhythm, rhyme, repetition, simile, and metaphor.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the references to religion in these poems. What role does religion play in deciding what is good or evil? What else helps to control morality other than religion?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the roles of women in these poems.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)