|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
2. In "The Gallant Marksman", what does the man attribute his shooting skills to?
3. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
4. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
5. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
Essay Topic 1
How does Baudelaire use irony in his poems?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the poet's use of the prose format. Is this effective? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between the titles of the poems in this collection and the poems themselves.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)