|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it in "Vocations"?
2. In "The Firing Range and the Graveyard", to whom does the narrator think the tavern is in homage?
3. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
4. How does Baudelaire make the legend in "Windows"?
5. When Dorothy goes to the shore in "Beautiful Dorothy", what does the narrator wonder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when land is spotted in "Already!"?
2. What are some of the complaints the men in "Portraits of Mistresses" have about their mistresses?
3. What is the thyrsus?
4. In "The Gallant Marksman", what happens after the man misses his shot?
5. What is the harm of the Moon blessing children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
6. In "The Firing Range and the Graveyard", what happens to the man when he enters the graveyard?
7. In "Which is the Real One/", what is the man's curse?
8. What is Dorothy's goal in "Beautiful Dorothy"?
9. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
10. How does the man feel when he discovers his friend has counterfeit coins in "Counterfeit Money"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the poet's use of the prose format. Is this effective? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the poet's commentary on the arts? What are his commentaries on artists and the art community?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the beggar motif throughout this collection.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)