Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the scent of the hair in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair" described?
2. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
3. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
4. In "At One in the Morning", what allows the narrator to relax?
5. What does the narrator of "A Joker" think of his society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the narrator pity the man in "The Fool and Venus"?
2. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
3. How does the narrator of "The Old Mountebank" feel about the mountebank?
4. In "To Each His Chimera", what do the chimeras make the narrator realize?
5. What happens when the dog smells perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
6. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", what can be seen in black hair?
7. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
8. Why does the fairy become upset with the tradesman in "The Fairies' Gift"?
9. What does the poet say about the Chinese in "The Clock"?
10. In "Any Where Out of the World", what does the narrator ask his soul?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the poet's use of the prose format. Is this effective? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between the titles of the poems in this collection and the poems themselves.
Essay Topic 3
How does Baudelaire use irony in his poems?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)