|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator drop on the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
2. How does the narrator describe the dog after he smells the perfume in "The Dog and the Vial"?
3. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
4. How is the scent of the hair in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair" described?
5. In "The Bad Glazier", why does the narrator's friend start a forest fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does "The Foreigner" end with a comment about clouds?
2. Why does the narrator of "Invitation to the Voyage" want to travel?
3. What happens when the dog smells perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
4. What does the poet say about the Chinese in "The Clock"?
5. What does the narrator see in the jester's eyes in "The Fool and Venus"?
6. What happens after the glazier leaves the man's room in "The Bad Glazier"?
7. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", what can be seen in black hair?
8. In "The Old Woman's Despair", how does the old woman feel after visiting the baby?
9. What type of person does the poet describe in "Crowds"?
10. What makes the narrator pity the man in "The Fool and Venus"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two poems. Consider their themes, style, and tone.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of mortality in this collection.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the city in the lives of people?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)