|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man lose his halo in "Loss of a Halo"?
(a) From running across the street.
(b) He never had one.
(c) During a fight.
(d) He sold it.
2. In "The Port", who is described as leaving the port?
(a) The troubled.
(b) The adventurous.
(c) The young.
(d) The weary.
3. In "The Eyes of the Poor", what does the narrator first say to the woman?
(a) That he will not yell at her.
(b) That she is late.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That she is not beautiful any longer.
4. What is the woman's mouth compared to in "The Desire to Paint"?
(a) A cake.
(b) A star.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cloud.
5. In "Solitude", how does the journalist back up his statement that solitude is bad for men?
(a) With research.
(b) With stories.
(c) With gospels.
(d) With a journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men leave in the beginning of "Counterfeit Money"?
2. In "Solitude", what does the journalist ask the poet about sharing?
3. In "Beautiful Dorothy", what are the other people doing while Dorothy goes to the shore?
4. How does the narrator of "Which is the Real One?" sink into the ground?
5. In "The Thyrsus", what does the poet say covers the thyrsus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the complaints the men in "Portraits of Mistresses" have about their mistresses?
2. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
3. Why does Baudelaire say people should always be drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
4. What is the harm of the Moon blessing children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
5. What does Baudelaire see in the thoroughbred, in "A Thoroughbred", that no one else sees?
6. How does Baudelaire describe ports in "The Port"?
7. In "Portraits of Mistresses", how do the men feel about having mistresses?
8. What does the Devil promise the narrator of "The Generous Gambler"?
9. What is life like on the ship in "Already!"
10. Why is the man angry with the woman in "The Eyes of the Poor"?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)