|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's mouth compared to in "The Desire to Paint"?
(a) A flower.
(b) A star.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A cake.
2. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
(b) A plaything.
(d) Beautifully sad.
3. In "Portraits of Mistresses", how many men sit around talking?
4. What is the Devil afraid of in "The Generous Gambler"?
(a) Being found out.
(b) Learning to love.
(c) Losing his power.
(d) Stepping out in the daylight.
5. What does the man stop doing in "The Gallant Marksman" in order to practice shooting?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the poet in "The Thyrsus", who gets to use the thyrsus?
2. How does Baudelaire make the legend in "Windows"?
3. What happens when the man shoots in "The Gallant Marksman"?
4. In "Mademoiselle Bistouri", what does the woman ask the man?
5. In "Solitude", what does the journalist ask the poet about sharing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Baudelaire see in the thoroughbred, in "A Thoroughbred", that no one else sees?
2. Why does Baudelaire say people should always be drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
3. In "A Heroic Death", why is Fancioulle's life at risk?
4. In "The Gallant Marksman", what happens after the man misses his shot?
5. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
6. Why are windows lit by candles preferred in "Windows"?
7. What does the Devil promise the narrator of "The Generous Gambler"?
8. What happens when land is spotted in "Already!"?
9. How does the man in "The Mirror" react to the narrator's question?
10. What pleases the narrator in "Plans" about making plans?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)