|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Windows", what type of window does the poet say is most interesting to look in?
(a) One lit by a candle.
(b) A partially covered window.
(c) An open window.
(d) A closed window during the daytime.
2. In "The Rope", when are illusion and reality described as being the same?
(b) When they are a mother's love.
(c) When they are found in nature.
(d) When they belong to a child.
3. In "The Soup and the Clouds", how does the man's wife break his daydream?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She calls for him.
(c) She gives him soup.
(d) She falls asleep.
4. How does the narrator of "Which is the Real One?" sink into the ground?
(a) He stamps his foot.
(b) He falls in a hole.
(c) He is shoved down.
(d) He dives into a pond but does not surface.
5. What part of the child does the Moon touch in "The Favors of the Moon"?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Thoroughbred", how does the thoroughbred learn her lessons?
2. In "A Heroic Death", what job does Fancioulle have?
3. In "Beautiful Dorothy", what are the other people doing while Dorothy goes to the shore?
4. What does the narrator of "The Eyes of the Poor" remember the woman doing when she saw the poor man?
5. In "The Eyes of the Poor", how many children does the narrator say the poor man had with him?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)