|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of moon is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" compared to?
(a) New moon.
(b) Full moon.
(c) Waning moon.
(d) Waxing moon.
2. What does the narrator hear in the graveyard in "The Firing Range and the Graveyard"?
(a) Breaking glass and gun shots.
(b) Crying and singing.
(c) Cries and breaking glass.
(d) Voices and gun shots.
3. What happens when the man shoots in "The Gallant Marksman"?
(a) He hits the target half of the time.
(b) He is too afraid to shoot.
(c) All his shots go wild.
(d) He hits the target every time.
4. Where are the men in "Portraits of Mistresses"?
(a) An inn.
(b) A gambling house.
(c) Someone's parlor.
(d) A pub.
5. How does the man in "Counterfeit Money" learn that his friend has counterfeit coins?
(a) When he is arrested.
(b) When his wife gets mad.
(c) When he gives some to a beggar.
(d) When he tries to trade coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the Moon's actions in "The Favors of the Moon", what happens to the child's skin?
2. What does the poet say lurks at night in "The Desire to Paint"?
3. According to the poet in "The Thyrsus", who gets to use the thyrsus?
4. In "Windows", what type of window does the poet say is most interesting to look in?
5. When Dorothy goes to the shore in "Beautiful Dorothy", what does the narrator wonder?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)