|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Firing Range and the Graveyard", to whom does the narrator think the tavern is in homage?
2. What is the woman's mouth compared to in "The Desire to Paint"?
(a) A star.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cake.
3. In "Portraits of Mistresses", what does the one man say happens when someone decides to take a mistress?
(a) They lose their mind.
(b) They are enlightened.
(c) They go broke.
(d) They pass through stages.
4. In "Solitude", how does the journalist back up his statement that solitude is bad for men?
(a) With stories.
(b) With gospels.
(c) With a journal.
(d) With research.
5. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
(a) Because he found a new mistress.
(b) She broke up with him.
(c) Because she found no pleasure for herself.
(d) Because she was getting too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man walk in "Plans"?
2. In "Portraits of Mistresses", what does the Prince's bastard child often say?
3. What do most of the passengers on the boat in "Already!" say when they see land?
4. Why is the narrator of "The Firing Range and the Graveyard" criticized?
5. In "Beautiful Dorothy", what are the other people doing while Dorothy goes to the shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Firing Range and the Graveyard", what happens to the man when he enters the graveyard?
2. What is the thyrsus?
3. What pleases the narrator in "Plans" about making plans?
4. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
5. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
6. In "The Gallant Marksman", what happens after the man misses his shot?
7. How does Baudelaire describe ports in "The Port"?
8. How does the woman in "Mademoiselle Bistouri" act due to her obsession with doctors?
9. Why is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" difficult to paint?
10. In "Portraits of Mistresses", how do the men feel about having mistresses?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)