|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Beautiful Dorothy", what are the other people doing while Dorothy goes to the shore?
(a) Sailing boats.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Taking naps.
2. In "Portraits of Mistresses", what does the Prince's bastard child often say?
(a) How she would spend her money if she had any.
(b) What would be different if she were a man.
(c) Why she is right about everything.
(d) Where she plans to travel.
3. How is Fancioulle's moment of death described by the poet in "A Heroic Death"?
(a) As his greatest moment.
(b) As a passing moment.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) As a dark time.
4. How does the second beautiful woman in "Which is the Real One?" feel when she sees the narrator?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is confused.
5. In "The Soup and the Clouds", how does the man's wife break his daydream?
(a) She gives him soup.
(b) She calls for him.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She hits him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Generous Gambler", what do the people in the sanctuary look like?
2. Why is Fancioulle's lord in "A Heroic Death" sentenced to death?
3. In "Which is the Real One?", what does the first beautiful woman's casket look like?
4. What does the poet say about being drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
5. Why does the first beautiful woman die young in "Which is the Real One?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Devil promise the narrator of "The Generous Gambler"?
2. What is Dorothy's goal in "Beautiful Dorothy"?
3. How does the man feel when he discovers his friend has counterfeit coins in "Counterfeit Money"?
4. How does the woman in "Mademoiselle Bistouri" act due to her obsession with doctors?
5. How does the man in "The Mirror" react to the narrator's question?
6. What happens when land is spotted in "Already!"?
7. What pleases the narrator in "Plans" about making plans?
8. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
9. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
10. Why does Baudelaire say people should always be drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)