|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the Moon's actions in "The Favors of the Moon", what happens to the child's skin?
(a) It is covered with freckles.
(b) It starts to sparkle.
(c) It becomes pale.
(d) It has a yellow tint.
2. In "Windows", what type of window does the poet say is most interesting to look in?
(a) One lit by a candle.
(b) A closed window during the daytime.
(c) A partially covered window.
(d) An open window.
3. In "Which is the Real One?", why are the first beautiful woman's eyes wide?
(a) Because she is afraid.
(b) Because she is honest.
(c) Because she has seen little in the world.
(d) Because she is full of want.
4. What does the poet say about being drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
(a) People should always be drunk.
(b) People need to help others get drunk.
(c) Drinking should be reserved for the wealthy.
(d) People should avoid drinking.
5. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
(b) A plaything.
(d) Beautifully sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man in "Counterfeit Money" learn that his friend has counterfeit coins?
2. Where are the men in "Portraits of Mistresses"?
3. In "Which is the Real One?", what does the first beautiful woman's casket look like?
4. In "Loss of a Halo", what is described as being positive about not having a halo?
5. What does the Moon leave with the child in "The Favors of the Moon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Gallant Marksman", what happens after the man misses his shot?
2. How does Baudelaire describe ports in "The Port"?
3. In "Which is the Real One/", what is the man's curse?
4. In "A Heroic Death", why is Fancioulle's life at risk?
5. What pleases the narrator in "Plans" about making plans?
6. What does the fourth boy in "Vocations" tell the others?
7. What is Dorothy's goal in "Beautiful Dorothy"?
8. How does the man in "The Mirror" react to the narrator's question?
9. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
10. How does the woman in "Mademoiselle Bistouri" act due to her obsession with doctors?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)