|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "The Generous Gambler" do after the Devil promises him many things?
(a) He prays to God.
(b) He wakes up.
(c) He asks to go with the Devil.
(d) He laughs.
2. In "Beautiful Dorothy", why is Dorothy saving money?
(a) To attract a husband.
(b) To buy back her sister.
(c) To move to Paris.
(d) To go on vacation.
3. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He has always wanted to meet him.
(c) They live in the same building.
(d) They went to school together.
4. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
(c) A plaything.
(d) Beautifully sad.
5. Where does the man walk in "Plans"?
(a) In a park.
(b) In a city.
(c) Through a small village.
(d) Over a bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet say about being drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
2. What do the passengers on the ship in "Already!" talk about?
3. What part of the child does the Moon touch in "The Favors of the Moon"?
4. In "The Gallant Marksman", what does the man attribute his shooting skills to?
5. What season is it in "Vocations"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Devil promise the narrator of "The Generous Gambler"?
2. How does Baudelaire describe ports in "The Port"?
3. What does the fourth boy in "Vocations" tell the others?
4. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
5. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
6. In "Portraits of Mistresses", how do the men feel about having mistresses?
7. In "The Firing Range and the Graveyard", what happens to the man when he enters the graveyard?
8. In "Which is the Real One/", what is the man's curse?
9. What happens when land is spotted in "Already!"?
10. What is the harm of the Moon blessing children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)