|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys meet to talk in "Vocations"?
2. In "Already!" how many suns have set according to the narrator?
(a) Five hundred.
(c) One thousand.
(d) One hundred.
3. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
(a) Because she found no pleasure for herself.
(b) Because she was getting too old.
(c) She broke up with him.
(d) Because he found a new mistress.
4. How is the thoroughbred described in "A Thoroughbred"?
5. In "Windows", what type of window does the poet say is most interesting to look in?
(a) A partially covered window.
(b) One lit by a candle.
(c) An open window.
(d) A closed window during the daytime.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Thyrsus", what does the poet say covers the thyrsus?
2. What does the man stop doing in "The Gallant Marksman" in order to practice shooting?
3. In "Portraits of Mistresses", what does the Prince's bastard child often say?
4. Where do the men leave in the beginning of "Counterfeit Money"?
5. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fancioulle work to save his life in "A Heroic Death"?
2. In "Portraits of Mistresses", how do the men feel about having mistresses?
3. What does Baudelaire see in the thoroughbred, in "A Thoroughbred", that no one else sees?
4. Why is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" difficult to paint?
5. What does the fourth boy in "Vocations" tell the others?
6. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
7. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
8. What is life like on the ship in "Already!"
9. What is Dorothy's goal in "Beautiful Dorothy"?
10. In "A Heroic Death", why is Fancioulle's life at risk?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)