|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the poet in "The Thyrsus", who gets to use the thyrsus?
2. How does the man lose his halo in "Loss of a Halo"?
(a) During a fight.
(b) He never had one.
(c) From running across the street.
(d) He sold it.
3. In "Windows", how does Baudelaire say he feels about the legend?
(a) As if it teaches him daily.
(b) As if it is not true at all.
(c) As if it saves his life.
(d) As if he has suffered for it.
4. What do most of the passengers on the boat in "Already!" say when they see land?
(c) It's true.
5. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
(c) Beautifully sad.
(d) A plaything.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Beautiful Dorothy", what are the other people doing while Dorothy goes to the shore?
2. In "Already!" what does the narrator see in the sea?
3. In "The Rope", when are illusion and reality described as being the same?
4. In "The Port", who is described as leaving the port?
5. In "Solitude", what does the journalist ask the poet about sharing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Heroic Death", why is Fancioulle's life at risk?
2. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
3. What are some of the complaints the men in "Portraits of Mistresses" have about their mistresses?
4. How does the man feel when he discovers his friend has counterfeit coins in "Counterfeit Money"?
5. In "Portraits of Mistresses", how do the men feel about having mistresses?
6. What is life like on the ship in "Already!"
7. How does the woman in "Mademoiselle Bistouri" act due to her obsession with doctors?
8. What does the Devil promise the narrator of "The Generous Gambler"?
9. How does Fancioulle work to save his life in "A Heroic Death"?
10. In "Loss of a Halo", what does the man say about losing his halo?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)