|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys meet to talk in "Vocations"?
2. What do most of the passengers on the boat in "Already!" say when they see land?
(b) It's true.
3. How does the one gentleman in "Portraits of Mistresses" say he feels about finding flaws with mistresses?
(a) Jealous, because he wants to be able to.
(b) Confused, because he has not had a mistress.
(c) Entertained, because they are funny flaws.
(d) Angry, because they are nice women.
4. In "Loss of a Halo", who is imagined to have picked up a halo?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A poet.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A thief.
5. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
(a) He has always wanted to meet him.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They live in the same building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the man shoots in "The Gallant Marksman"?
2. What does the man's wife do in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
3. Why does the narrator of "Mademoiselle Bistouri" ask the woman questions?
4. Why does the first beautiful woman die young in "Which is the Real One?"
5. What is the Devil afraid of in "The Generous Gambler"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Which is the Real One/", what is the man's curse?
2. What is life like on the ship in "Already!"
3. What does the Devil promise the narrator of "The Generous Gambler"?
4. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
5. Why is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" difficult to paint?
6. In "The Gallant Marksman", what happens after the man misses his shot?
7. How does Baudelaire describe ports in "The Port"?
8. How does the woman in "Mademoiselle Bistouri" act due to her obsession with doctors?
9. What happens when land is spotted in "Already!"?
10. What is the harm of the Moon blessing children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)