|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins sending the artist letters after the child's death in "The Rope"?
(b) Art dealers.
(c) The child's parents.
(d) The artist's parents.
2. Because of the Moon's actions in "The Favors of the Moon", what happens to the child's skin?
(a) It has a yellow tint.
(b) It is covered with freckles.
(c) It becomes pale.
(d) It starts to sparkle.
3. How is the woman as a painting subject described in "The Desire to Paint"?
(a) A black star.
(b) A troubled face.
(c) A large void.
(d) A sleeping bear.
4. What season is it in "Vocations"?
5. How does the one gentleman in "Portraits of Mistresses" say he feels about finding flaws with mistresses?
(a) Confused, because he has not had a mistress.
(b) Jealous, because he wants to be able to.
(c) Entertained, because they are funny flaws.
(d) Angry, because they are nice women.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Firing Range and the Graveyard", to whom does the narrator think the tavern is in homage?
2. How does the second beautiful woman in "Which is the Real One?" feel when she sees the narrator?
3. Where are the men in "Portraits of Mistresses"?
4. In "A Heroic Death", what job does Fancioulle have?
5. What does the poet say is negative in the Moon's interactions with children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)