|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Beautiful Dorothy", why is Dorothy saving money?
(a) To move to Paris.
(b) To go on vacation.
(c) To buy back her sister.
(d) To attract a husband.
2. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
(a) It inspires him to write.
(b) Sometimes he cries.
(c) She catches him watching her.
(d) He falls asleep.
3. In "The Soup and the Clouds", what does the man call his wife?
(a) Little maniac.
(b) Little fool.
(c) Little wonder.
(d) Little magician.
4. What does the poet say is negative in the Moon's interactions with children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
(a) It is unfair to others.
(b) It creates lunatics.
(c) It causes ill health.
(d) It breaks the laws of science.
5. How is the thoroughbred described in "A Thoroughbred"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "Which is the Real One?" sink into the ground?
2. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
3. In "Solitude", what does the journalist ask the poet about sharing?
4. What type of moon is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" compared to?
5. How is the woman as a painting subject described in "The Desire to Paint"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman in "Mademoiselle Bistouri" act due to her obsession with doctors?
2. What is the harm of the Moon blessing children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
3. In "A Heroic Death", why is Fancioulle's life at risk?
4. What pleases the narrator in "Plans" about making plans?
5. What are some of the complaints the men in "Portraits of Mistresses" have about their mistresses?
6. How does the man in "The Mirror" react to the narrator's question?
7. In "Which is the Real One/", what is the man's curse?
8. What is life like on the ship in "Already!"
9. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
10. What is the thyrsus?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)