|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man stop doing in "The Gallant Marksman" in order to practice shooting?
2. Why is Fancioulle's lord in "A Heroic Death" sentenced to death?
(a) For staging a rebellion.
(b) For hurting a woman.
(c) For printing books.
(d) For robbing the king.
3. Why does the first beautiful woman die young in "Which is the Real One?"
(a) Because she was beaten.
(b) Because of an illness.
(c) Because of an accident.
(d) Because of her beauty.
4. In "Portraits of Mistresses", how many men sit around talking?
5. What does the poet say is negative in the Moon's interactions with children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
(a) It creates lunatics.
(b) It breaks the laws of science.
(c) It is unfair to others.
(d) It causes ill health.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Already!" how many suns have set according to the narrator?
2. What does the narrator of "The Generous Gambler" do after the Devil promises him many things?
3. What is the Devil afraid of in "The Generous Gambler"?
4. What does the man's wife do in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
5. What does the narrator of "The Eyes of the Poor" remember the woman doing when she saw the poor man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
2. How does the man in "The Mirror" react to the narrator's question?
3. What is the harm of the Moon blessing children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
4. How does Fancioulle work to save his life in "A Heroic Death"?
5. Why does Baudelaire say people should always be drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
6. What does the Devil promise the narrator of "The Generous Gambler"?
7. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
8. What happens when land is spotted in "Already!"?
9. What pleases the narrator in "Plans" about making plans?
10. What is Dorothy's goal in "Beautiful Dorothy"?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)