|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the passengers on the ship in "Already!" talk about?
(c) The sea.
2. Where does the man walk in "Plans"?
(a) Through a small village.
(b) In a park.
(c) Over a bridge.
(d) In a city.
3. In "The Soup and the Clouds", what does the man call his wife?
(a) Little maniac.
(b) Little magician.
(c) Little fool.
(d) Little wonder.
4. How does Baudelaire say he feels about solitude in "Solitude"?
(a) He does not care about it either way.
(b) He thinks it is good for women.
(c) He prefers it.
(d) He thinks it is bad for men.
5. In "The Generous Gambler", what does the narrator lose to the man?
(a) His soul.
(b) The keys to his house.
(c) A horse.
(d) Half his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the Moon's actions in "The Favors of the Moon", what happens to the child's skin?
2. What part of the child does the Moon touch in "The Favors of the Moon"?
3. In "The Eyes of the Poor", what does the narrator first say to the woman?
4. In "The Rope", when are illusion and reality described as being the same?
5. How does the man lose his halo in "Loss of a Halo"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
2. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
3. How does Fancioulle work to save his life in "A Heroic Death"?
4. Why are windows lit by candles preferred in "Windows"?
5. What is the thyrsus?
6. What is the harm of the Moon blessing children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
7. What does Baudelaire see in the thoroughbred, in "A Thoroughbred", that no one else sees?
8. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
9. Why does Baudelaire say people should always be drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
10. In "The Gallant Marksman", what happens after the man misses his shot?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)