|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Portraits of Mistresses", how many men sit around talking?
2. In "The Thyrsus", what does the poet say covers the thyrsus?
3. Why is the narrator of "The Firing Range and the Graveyard" criticized?
(a) For being nosey.
(b) For being ambitious.
(c) For being drunk.
(d) For being talkative.
4. Why does the narrator of "Mademoiselle Bistouri" ask the woman questions?
(a) To kill time.
(b) To understand her obsession.
(c) To make her feel better.
(d) To seem interested in her.
5. How does the man lose his halo in "Loss of a Halo"?
(a) From running across the street.
(b) He sold it.
(c) He never had one.
(d) During a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Which is the Real One?", what does the first beautiful woman's casket look like?
2. In "A Heroic Death", why does the Prince want to save Fancioulle's life?
3. How does Baudelaire say he feels about solitude in "Solitude"?
4. In "Already!" what does the narrator see in the sea?
5. In "Vocations", what makes the boy who says he is not very happy excited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dorothy's goal in "Beautiful Dorothy"?
2. How does Baudelaire describe ports in "The Port"?
3. How does the journalist in "Solitude" feel about solitude?
4. In "A Heroic Death", why is Fancioulle's life at risk?
5. What does the Devil promise the narrator of "The Generous Gambler"?
6. What happens when land is spotted in "Already!"?
7. What does the fourth boy in "Vocations" tell the others?
8. How does Fancioulle work to save his life in "A Heroic Death"?
9. Why does Baudelaire say people should always be drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
10. Why are windows lit by candles preferred in "Windows"?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)