Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
(a) Because she was getting too old.
(b) She broke up with him.
(c) Because he found a new mistress.
(d) Because she found no pleasure for herself.
2. In "The Gallant Marksman", what does the man attribute his shooting skills to?
(a) His wife.
(b) His steady hand.
(c) His parents.
(d) His mind.
3. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
(b) A plaything.
(c) Beautifully sad.
4. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) She catches him watching her.
(c) It inspires him to write.
(d) Sometimes he cries.
5. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) He has always wanted to meet him.
(d) They live in the same building.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Windows", what type of window does the poet say is most interesting to look in?
2. In "Loss of a Halo", who is imagined to have picked up a halo?
3. Why does the narrator of "The Mirror" question the man looking into a mirror?
4. In "Mademoiselle Bistouri", what does the woman ask the man?
5. Where do the men leave in the beginning of "Counterfeit Money"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)