|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator of "The Dog and The Vial" get the perfume?
2. In the beginning of "At One in the Morning", how does the narrator feel about his life?
3. What does the narrator of "A Joker" think of his society?
(a) That it is "growing poorer."
(b) That it is being taken over by animals.
(c) That it is a "splendid imbecile."
(d) That it is "well educated."
4. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator describe about the room?
(a) The feelings he has about the room.
(b) The nature outside the room.
(c) The people inside.
(d) The physical appearance.
5. How does the tradesman react to his child's gift in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) He demands a better gift.
(b) He tries to pay the fairy.
(c) He wants the fairy to explain it to him.
(d) He laughs at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what does Baudelaire say he does not know the latitude of?
2. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what does the narrator describe as being in an iron cage?
3. In "The Bad Glazier", why does the narrator's friend start a forest fire?
4. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
5. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", where does the poet see "the languor of long hours"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman in "Mademoiselle Bistouri" act due to her obsession with doctors?
2. What does the man realize at the end of "Let's Beat Up the Poor"?
3. In "A Heroic Death", why is Fancioulle's life at risk?
4. Why is the man angry with the woman in "The Eyes of the Poor"?
5. What makes the narrator change his mind about the setting in "Cake"?
6. Why is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" difficult to paint?
7. In "Any Where Out of the World", what does the narrator ask his soul?
8. What does the narrator say about the concert in "The Widows"?
9. In "The Artist's Confiteor", why is the artist upset?
10. How does the man feel when he discovers his friend has counterfeit coins in "Counterfeit Money"?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)