|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the fairy give the tradesman's child in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) The gift of health.
(b) The power to love.
(c) The gift of wealth.
(d) The power to please.
2. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what does the narrator describe as being in an iron cage?
(a) A hairy monster.
(b) All women.
(c) Faith and beauty.
3. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what does the first demon offer the narrator?
(a) Three wishes.
(b) To protect him for the rest of his life.
(c) To make him the lord of souls.
(d) Unlimited wealth.
4. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", what color hair does the poet focus on?
5. In "To Each His Chimera", what color is the sky?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
2. How does the narrator describe the dog after he smells the perfume in "The Dog and the Vial"?
3. How many devils visit the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame"?
4. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator describe about the room?
5. In "The Widows", who does the narrator say visits public parks?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", what can be seen in black hair?
2. What is the "Introduction" to this collection of poems?
3. How does the narrator of "The Toy of the Poor" say poor children are similar to rich children?
4. What happens when the dog smells perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
5. What are the voices discussing in "The Foreigner"?
6. What does the poet say about the Chinese in "The Clock"?
7. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what is the narrator tempted with?
8. What does the narrator see in the jester's eyes in "The Fool and Venus"?
9. Why does the narrator of "Invitation to the Voyage" want to travel?
10. In "A Joker", what does the narrator think about while watching the man and the donkey?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)