|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel at the end of "Cake"?
2. How many devils visit the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame"?
3. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator describe about the room?
(a) The people inside.
(b) The feelings he has about the room.
(c) The nature outside the room.
(d) The physical appearance.
4. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what does the narrator describe as being in an iron cage?
(b) All women.
(c) Faith and beauty.
(d) A hairy monster.
5. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baudelaire mention clouds in "The Foreigner"?
2. In "To Each His Chimera", how does the narrator describe the chimera on the backs of the men?
3. What does the hair feel like in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair"?
4. In "A Joker", what does the donkey do when he sees the man?
5. In "To Arsène Houssaye", what does Baudelaire say this work lacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the fairy become upset with the tradesman in "The Fairies' Gift"?
2. What does the narrator see in the jester's eyes in "The Fool and Venus"?
3. What happens when the dog smells perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
4. What are the voices discussing in "The Foreigner"?
5. What happens after the glazier leaves the man's room in "The Bad Glazier"?
6. In "A Joker", what does the narrator think about while watching the man and the donkey?
7. In "To Each His Chimera", what do the chimeras make the narrator realize?
8. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator dream about?
9. What makes the narrator change his mind about the setting in "Cake"?
10. How does the narrator of "The Old Mountebank" feel about the mountebank?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)