|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the tradesman react to his child's gift in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) He demands a better gift.
(b) He laughs at it.
(c) He wants the fairy to explain it to him.
(d) He tries to pay the fairy.
2. In "The Old Mountebank", what does the narrator first notice about the mountebank?
(a) His level of poverty.
(b) His wares for sale.
(c) His tall hat.
(d) His smile.
3. In "At One in the Morning", what allows the narrator to relax?
4. In "The Widows", what do the poor do with their grief?
(a) They use it to avoid paying bills.
(b) They try to hide it.
(c) They express it aloud.
(d) They turn it into art.
5. In "The Fool and Venus", at what or where does the narrator notice Venus staring?
(a) To the sky.
(b) At the jester.
(c) At himself.
(d) Into the distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator want something of color from the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
2. How does the narrator of "The Fool and Venus" describe the day?
3. What does the narrator ask the men in "To Each His Chimera"?
4. In "A Joker", why does the man stop when he sees the donkey?
5. Why does the narrator offer food to the strange man in "Cake"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the glazier leaves the man's room in "The Bad Glazier"?
2. In "To Each His Chimera", what do the chimeras make the narrator realize?
3. What happens when the dog smells perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
4. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator dream about?
5. What are the voices discussing in "The Foreigner"?
6. In "The Artist's Confiteor", why is the artist upset?
7. Why does the narrator threaten to throw the woman out in "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress"?
8. What does the poet say about the Chinese in "The Clock"?
9. What does the narrator see in the jester's eyes in "The Fool and Venus"?
10. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what is the narrator tempted with?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)