|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the fairy feel about the tradesman at the end of "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) She is upset with him.
(b) She is confused by him.
(c) She is in awe of him.
(d) She is frightened of him.
2. What does the narrator call himself in "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress"?
(b) The trainer.
(c) His Highness.
(d) King Log.
3. Why does the narrator not go to speak to the mountebank about his wares in "The Old Mountebank"?
(a) He does not have any money.
(b) He does not like what he is selling.
(c) He starts talking to a woman.
(d) He does not want to embarrass him.
4. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
(a) A rat.
(b) A dollar bill.
(c) A puppet.
(d) A cup.
5. Why does the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame" turn down the ability to have everything of wealth?
(a) Because he does not trust the demon.
(b) Because he is happy with what he has.
(c) Because he wants a better offer.
(d) Because he does not enjoy making other miserable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the fairies in "The Fairies' Gifts" have to work quickly?
2. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what does the narrator describe as being in an iron cage?
3. In "The Widows", who does the narrator say visits public parks?
4. In "To Each His Chimera", what color is the sky?
5. How is "The Foreigner" organized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Baudelaire say about the night in "Evening Twilight"?
2. In "A Joker", what does the narrator think about while watching the man and the donkey?
3. What happens after the glazier leaves the man's room in "The Bad Glazier"?
4. What are the voices discussing in "The Foreigner"?
5. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what is the narrator tempted with?
6. What makes the narrator change his mind about the setting in "Cake"?
7. Why does the fairy become upset with the tradesman in "The Fairies' Gift"?
8. What are some of the things the narrator is upset with in "At One in the Morning"?
9. Why does the narrator of "Invitation to the Voyage" want to travel?
10. What makes the narrator pity the man in "The Fool and Venus"?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)