Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Dog and The Vial", what does the narrator say the dog resembles?
(c) The public.
(d) The elite.
2. How does the narrator of "The Clock" describe Feline?
3. What word does Baudelaire use to describe clouds in "The Foreigner"?
4. Why does the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame" turn down the ability to have everything of wealth?
(a) Because he is happy with what he has.
(b) Because he does not enjoy making other miserable.
(c) Because he wants a better offer.
(d) Because he does not trust the demon.
5. After the narrator wakes up in "The Double Room", what does he realize he must do?
(a) Return to work.
(b) Pay bills.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Go back to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Old Woman's Despair", to what does the old woman compare herself?
2. What gift does the fairy give the tradesman's child in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
3. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", where does the poet see "the languor of long hours"?
4. How many devils visit the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame"?
5. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the complaints the men in "Portraits of Mistresses" have about their mistresses?
2. Why does Baudelaire say people should always be drunk in "Get Yourself Drunk"?
3. What does the fourth boy in "Vocations" tell the others?
4. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what is the narrator tempted with?
5. In "Loss of a Halo", what does the man say about losing his halo?
6. In "A Heroic Death", why is Fancioulle's life at risk?
7. What happens when the dog smells perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
8. How does the narrator of "The Old Mountebank" feel about the mountebank?
9. What is the harm of the Moon blessing children in "The Favors of the Moon"?
10. What are some of the things the narrator is upset with in "At One in the Morning"?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)