|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
2. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator describe about the room?
(a) The people inside.
(b) The feelings he has about the room.
(c) The nature outside the room.
(d) The physical appearance.
3. In "Crowds", what is the poet's gift?
(a) To be one and all.
(b) To be educated.
(c) To be a crowd.
(d) To be an observer.
4. How does the tradesman react to his child's gift in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) He demands a better gift.
(b) He wants the fairy to explain it to him.
(c) He tries to pay the fairy.
(d) He laughs at it.
5. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what does the narrator describe as being in an iron cage?
(b) All women.
(c) Faith and beauty.
(d) A hairy monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
2. What happens to the mountebank in "The Old Mountebank"?
3. What does the hair feel like in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair"?
4. Where does the narrator of "The Dog and The Vial" get the perfume?
5. How does the narrator of "The Clock" describe Feline?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Artist's Confiteor", why is the artist upset?
2. Why does the narrator of "Invitation to the Voyage" want to travel?
3. What are the voices discussing in "The Foreigner"?
4. What does the poet say about the Chinese in "The Clock"?
5. What are some of the things the narrator is upset with in "At One in the Morning"?
6. How does the narrator of "The Old Mountebank" feel about the mountebank?
7. What makes the narrator pity the man in "The Fool and Venus"?
8. Why does the narrator threaten to throw the woman out in "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress"?
9. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator dream about?
10. In "To Each His Chimera", what do the chimeras make the narrator realize?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)