|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "At One in the Morning", what allows the narrator to relax?
2. In "The Toy of the Poor", what separates the rich child from the poor?
(a) A gate.
(b) A hedge.
(d) A set of train tracks.
3. How does the narrator of "The Fool and Venus" describe the day?
4. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
(a) He barks.
(b) He chases his tail.
(c) He howls.
(d) He licks the vial.
5. In "The Widows", why is the woman by the gate not allowed in the concert?
(a) Because she is poorly dressed.
(b) Because she is late.
(c) Because she lacks money.
(d) Because she has a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
2. In "The Fool and Venus", at what or where does the narrator notice Venus staring?
3. What does the baby boy do when he sees the old woman in "The Old Woman's Despair"?
4. In "To Each His Chimera", how does the narrator describe the chimera on the backs of the men?
5. Where does the narrator of "The Dog and The Vial" get the perfume?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator dream about?
2. What does Baudelaire say about the night in "Evening Twilight"?
3. What type of person does the poet describe in "Crowds"?
4. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what is the narrator tempted with?
5. What are the fairies doing in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
6. In "The Widows", what does the narrator see when he follows the woman?
7. Why does the narrator threaten to throw the woman out in "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress"?
8. What are the voices discussing in "The Foreigner"?
9. Why does "The Foreigner" end with a comment about clouds?
10. What does the poet say about the Chinese in "The Clock"?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)