Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the scent of the hair in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair" described?
(a) As reeking of smoke.
(b) As smelling of flowers.
(c) As having a wide-range of scents.
(d) As not having any scent.
2. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
(a) A puppet.
(b) A rat.
(c) A dollar bill.
(d) A cup.
3. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
(a) He barks.
(b) He licks the vial.
(c) He howls.
(d) He chases his tail.
4. In "At One in the Morning", what allows the narrator to relax?
5. What does the narrator of "A Joker" think of his society?
(a) That it is "well educated."
(b) That it is being taken over by animals.
(c) That it is a "splendid imbecile."
(d) That it is "growing poorer."
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "At One in the Morning", how does the narrator feel about his life?
2. Of whom does the she-devil in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame" remind the narrator?
3. How does the narrator feel at the end of "Cake"?
4. When the narrator wakes up in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", how does he feel about his interactions with the demons?
5. Why does the artist in "The Artist's Confiteor" decide he cannot describe nature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the narrator pity the man in "The Fool and Venus"?
2. How does the man feel about clouds in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
3. How does the narrator of "The Old Mountebank" feel about the mountebank?
4. In "To Each His Chimera", what do the chimeras make the narrator realize?
5. What happens when the dog smells perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
6. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", what can be seen in black hair?
7. What happens when the artist takes in the boy in "The Rope"?
8. Why does the fairy become upset with the tradesman in "The Fairies' Gift"?
9. What does the poet say about the Chinese in "The Clock"?
10. In "Any Where Out of the World", what does the narrator ask his soul?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)