|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator drop on the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
(a) A book.
(b) A flowerpot.
(c) A brick.
(d) A picture frame.
2. What does the narrator ask the men in "To Each His Chimera"?
(a) When they found the chimeras.
(b) Where they are going.
(c) Who is in control.
(d) How heavy the chimeras are.
3. In "To Each His Chimera", what color is the sky?
4. When the narrator wakes up in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", how does he feel about his interactions with the demons?
(a) He regrets his decisions.
(b) He is proud for being so moral.
(c) He thinks it was just a joke.
(d) He cannot remember the demons.
5. In "The Old Woman's Despair", to what does the old woman compare herself?
(a) A setting sun.
(b) A wilted flower.
(c) A scarecrow.
(d) An empty house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "To Arsène Houssaye", what does the author say reading Aloysius Bertrand made him want to do?
2. Who chooses the gifts the children receive in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
3. In "Crowds", what is the poet's gift?
4. What happens after the strange man in "Cake" has a piece of food?
5. In "The Widows", why is the woman by the gate not allowed in the concert?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Joker", what does the narrator think about while watching the man and the donkey?
2. What is the "Introduction" to this collection of poems?
3. What makes the narrator pity the man in "The Fool and Venus"?
4. What happens when the dog smells perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
5. What does Baudelaire say about the night in "Evening Twilight"?
6. Why does the fairy become upset with the tradesman in "The Fairies' Gift"?
7. How does the narrator of "The Old Mountebank" feel about the mountebank?
8. What does the narrator see in the jester's eyes in "The Fool and Venus"?
9. Why does the narrator threaten to throw the woman out in "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress"?
10. What happens after the glazier leaves the man's room in "The Bad Glazier"?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)