|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
(a) He licks the vial.
(b) He chases his tail.
(c) He barks.
(d) He howls.
2. What does the narrator drop on the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
(a) A brick.
(b) A flowerpot.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture frame.
3. In "At One in the Morning", what allows the narrator to relax?
4. How does the narrator feel at the end of "Cake"?
5. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the strange man in "Cake" has a piece of food?
2. In "The Dog and The Vial", what does the narrator say the dog resembles?
3. Why does the narrator not go to speak to the mountebank about his wares in "The Old Mountebank"?
4. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
5. Why does the man throw a chicken in "Evening Twilight"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the narrator change his mind about the setting in "Cake"?
2. What does the poet say about the Chinese in "The Clock"?
3. In "The Old Woman's Despair", how does the old woman feel after visiting the baby?
4. How does the narrator of "The Old Mountebank" feel about the mountebank?
5. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", what can be seen in black hair?
6. What are some of the things the narrator is upset with in "At One in the Morning"?
7. What are the voices discussing in "The Foreigner"?
8. Why does the fairy become upset with the tradesman in "The Fairies' Gift"?
9. What happens after the glazier leaves the man's room in "The Bad Glazier"?
10. Why does "The Foreigner" end with a comment about clouds?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)