Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
(a) Because she was getting too old.
(b) She broke up with him.
(c) Because he found a new mistress.
(d) Because she found no pleasure for herself.
2. In "The Gallant Marksman", what does the man attribute his shooting skills to?
(a) His wife.
(b) His steady hand.
(c) His parents.
(d) His mind.
3. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
(b) A plaything.
(c) Beautifully sad.
4. What does Baudelaire say happens when he watches the poor old woman in "Windows"?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) She catches him watching her.
(c) It inspires him to write.
(d) Sometimes he cries.
5. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) He has always wanted to meet him.
(d) They live in the same building.
6. In "Windows", what type of window does the poet say is most interesting to look in?
(a) An open window.
(b) A closed window during the daytime.
(c) One lit by a candle.
(d) A partially covered window.
7. In "Loss of a Halo", who is imagined to have picked up a halo?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A thief.
(d) A teacher.
8. Why does the narrator of "The Mirror" question the man looking into a mirror?
(a) Because the mirror is not his.
(b) Because he is not smiling at himself.
(c) Because he is ugly.
(d) Because it is raining and he is outside.
9. In "Mademoiselle Bistouri", what does the woman ask the man?
(a) If he knows the time.
(b) If they have met before.
(c) If he can give her directions.
(d) If he is a doctor.
10. Where do the men leave in the beginning of "Counterfeit Money"?
(a) An inn.
(b) A church.
(c) A tobacco shop.
(d) A town hall.
11. What does the man's wife do in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
(a) She goes for a walk.
(b) She eats leftover soup.
(c) She watches the clouds with him.
(d) She makes dinner.
12. What does the narrator of "The Eyes of the Poor" remember the woman doing when she saw the poor man?
(a) She turned her back to them.
(b) She gave the small child a toy.
(c) She had a waiter make them leave.
(d) She threw a coin at them.
13. How is the thoroughbred described in "A Thoroughbred"?
14. Why is the narrator of "The Firing Range and the Graveyard" criticized?
(a) For being ambitious.
(b) For being nosey.
(c) For being talkative.
(d) For being drunk.
15. Why is Fancioulle's lord in "A Heroic Death" sentenced to death?
(a) For robbing the king.
(b) For hurting a woman.
(c) For printing books.
(d) For staging a rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dorothy goes to the shore in "Beautiful Dorothy", what does the narrator wonder?
2. In "Loss of a Halo", what is described as being positive about not having a halo?
3. In "Get Yourself Drunk", what does Baudelaire say slavery is?
4. How is the woman as a painting subject described in "The Desire to Paint"?
5. How does the man's wife in "The Gallant Marksman" react to his shooting?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)