|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Heroic Death", what job does Fancioulle have?
2. In "Counterfeit Money", what does the man call his friend's stupidity?
3. What does the man's wife do in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
(a) She goes for a walk.
(b) She watches the clouds with him.
(c) She eats leftover soup.
(d) She makes dinner.
4. In "Solitude", how does the journalist back up his statement that solitude is bad for men?
(a) With stories.
(b) With a journal.
(c) With research.
(d) With gospels.
5. How does Baudelaire describe the thyrsus in "The Thyrsus"?
(b) A plaything.
(c) Beautifully sad.
6. What season is it in "Vocations"?
7. What does the Moon leave with the child in "The Favors of the Moon"?
(c) A blessing.
(d) Special powers.
8. In "A Heroic Death", why does the Prince want to save Fancioulle's life?
(a) Because he is so young.
(b) Because his lord tricked him.
(c) Because he knows he is innocent.
(d) Because of his performance at court.
9. In "Mademoiselle Bistouri", what does the woman ask the man?
(a) If he knows the time.
(b) If he is a doctor.
(c) If he can give her directions.
(d) If they have met before.
10. How is the thoroughbred described in "A Thoroughbred"?
11. In "The Generous Gambler", what do the people in the sanctuary look like?
12. In "The Rope", when are illusion and reality described as being the same?
(b) When they are found in nature.
(c) When they are a mother's love.
(d) When they belong to a child.
13. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
(a) They live in the same building.
(b) He has always wanted to meet him.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They went to school together.
14. In "The Gallant Marksman", what does the man attribute his shooting skills to?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mind.
(c) His parents.
(d) His steady hand.
15. What type of moon is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" compared to?
(a) New moon.
(b) Waxing moon.
(c) Waning moon.
(d) Full moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of "The Eyes of the Poor" remember the woman doing when she saw the poor man?
2. Why does the narrator of "Mademoiselle Bistouri" ask the woman questions?
3. In "Get Yourself Drunk", what does Baudelaire say slavery is?
4. How does the man's wife in "The Gallant Marksman" react to his shooting?
5. Why is Fancioulle's lord in "A Heroic Death" sentenced to death?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)