|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Eyes of the Poor", how many children does the narrator say the poor man had with him?
2. How does the boy in "The Rope" die?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He drowns.
(c) A car accident.
3. In "Solitude", what does the journalist ask the poet about sharing?
(a) If he can define the word.
(b) If he shares his money with the needy.
(c) If solitude protects him from sharing.
(d) If he feels the need to share joy.
4. What type of moon is the woman in "The Desire to Paint" compared to?
(a) Waning moon.
(b) Waxing moon.
(c) New moon.
(d) Full moon.
5. In "Vocations", what makes the boy who says he is not very happy excited?
(a) Receiving a small gift.
(b) Getting to move to another town.
(c) Having best friends.
(d) Remembering men from the fair.
6. Where does the man walk in "Plans"?
(a) Over a bridge.
(b) Through a small village.
(c) In a city.
(d) In a park.
7. What does the narrator hear in the graveyard in "The Firing Range and the Graveyard"?
(a) Voices and gun shots.
(b) Crying and singing.
(c) Cries and breaking glass.
(d) Breaking glass and gun shots.
8. In "Counterfeit Money", what does the man call his friend's stupidity?
9. What do the passengers on the ship in "Already!" talk about?
(c) The sea.
10. What does the narrator of "The Generous Gambler" do after the Devil promises him many things?
(a) He prays to God.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He wakes up.
(d) He asks to go with the Devil.
11. In "Portraits of Mistresses", what does the Prince's bastard child often say?
(a) Why she is right about everything.
(b) Where she plans to travel.
(c) How she would spend her money if she had any.
(d) What would be different if she were a man.
12. What season is it in "Vocations"?
13. What does the narrator of "The Eyes of the Poor" remember the woman doing when she saw the poor man?
(a) She threw a coin at them.
(b) She gave the small child a toy.
(c) She turned her back to them.
(d) She had a waiter make them leave.
14. In "The Port", who is described as coming into the port?
(a) The old.
(b) The mysterious.
(c) The tired.
(d) The excited.
15. How is the thoroughbred described in "A Thoroughbred"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Thoroughbred", how does the thoroughbred learn her lessons?
2. What happens when the man shoots in "The Gallant Marksman"?
3. In "A Heroic Death", why does the Prince want to save Fancioulle's life?
4. Where do the men leave in the beginning of "Counterfeit Money"?
5. In "Beautiful Dorothy", what are the other people doing while Dorothy goes to the shore?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)