|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the men in "Portraits of Mistresses"?
(a) A gambling house.
(b) Someone's parlor.
(c) A pub.
(d) An inn.
2. What makes the man in "Plans" think about a cabin?
(a) A forest.
(b) A painting.
(c) His mother.
(d) A river.
3. What does the man's wife do in "The Soup and the Clouds"?
(a) She goes for a walk.
(b) She eats leftover soup.
(c) She makes dinner.
(d) She watches the clouds with him.
4. How does the narrator know the man he meets in "The Generous Gambler"?
(a) They live in the same building.
(b) He has always wanted to meet him.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They went to school together.
5. How is the thoroughbred described in "A Thoroughbred"?
6. Why does the artist in "The Rope" want to paint the child so frequently?
(a) He is taken by the child's face.
(b) The child will pose for free.
(c) He is in love with the child's aunt.
(d) He misses his own childhood.
7. What does the Moon leave with the child in "The Favors of the Moon"?
(c) Special powers.
(d) A blessing.
8. In "Loss of a Halo", what is described as being positive about not having a halo?
(a) Never having to live up to expectations.
(b) Not worrying about losing it.
(c) Being able to partake in debauchery.
(d) Carrying less weight.
9. In "Vocations", what makes the boy who says he is not very happy excited?
(a) Remembering men from the fair.
(b) Receiving a small gift.
(c) Having best friends.
(d) Getting to move to another town.
10. In "The Soup and the Clouds", what does the man call his wife?
(a) Little maniac.
(b) Little fool.
(c) Little wonder.
(d) Little magician.
11. In "Portraits of Mistresses", why does the man with the mistress who is willing to please break up with her?
(a) She broke up with him.
(b) Because he found a new mistress.
(c) Because she was getting too old.
(d) Because she found no pleasure for herself.
12. In "Mademoiselle Bistouri", what does the woman ask the man?
(a) If he can give her directions.
(b) If they have met before.
(c) If he knows the time.
(d) If he is a doctor.
13. In "Which is the Real One?", why are the first beautiful woman's eyes wide?
(a) Because she is full of want.
(b) Because she has seen little in the world.
(c) Because she is afraid.
(d) Because she is honest.
14. What is the woman's mouth compared to in "The Desire to Paint"?
(a) A star.
(b) A flower.
(c) A cake.
(d) A cloud.
15. In "Beautiful Dorothy", why is Dorothy saving money?
(a) To go on vacation.
(b) To move to Paris.
(c) To attract a husband.
(d) To buy back her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys meet to talk in "Vocations"?
2. What season is it in "Vocations"?
3. Because of the Moon's actions in "The Favors of the Moon", what happens to the child's skin?
4. What do most of the passengers on the boat in "Already!" say when they see land?
5. How does Baudelaire make the legend in "Windows"?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)