|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) A slice of pie.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A cake.
2. In "A Joker", what does the donkey do when he sees the man?
(a) The donkey trots on.
(b) The donkey bites him.
(c) The donkey kicks his legs.
(d) The donkey goes to beg food from the man.
3. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
(a) He licks the vial.
(b) He chases his tail.
(c) He barks.
(d) He howls.
4. Why does the narrator want something of color from the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
(a) To give to his wife.
(b) To decorate his bedroom.
(c) To brighten up his life.
(d) To resell at the market.
5. In "To Each His Chimera", what color is the sky?
6. Why does the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame" turn down the ability to have everything of wealth?
(a) Because he is happy with what he has.
(b) Because he wants a better offer.
(c) Because he does not trust the demon.
(d) Because he does not enjoy making other miserable.
7. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
8. In "The Foreigner", what does Baudelaire say about his father?
(a) Baudelaire does not mention his father.
(b) He does not have one.
(c) He does not know his father.
(d) He loves his.
9. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
10. Where does the narrator of "The Dog and The Vial" get the perfume?
11. Why does the narrator feel sympathy for the man dressed as a jester in "The Fool and Venus"?
(a) Because of his poor speech.
(b) Because of his clothes and eyes.
(c) Because of his occupation.
(d) Because of his unkempt hair.
12. What or whom does the narrator of "The Clock" name Feline?
(a) A woman.
(b) A dog.
(c) A Chinese neighbor.
(d) A cat.
13. In "The Clock", how do the Chinese tell time using cats?
(a) They pet them.
(b) They watch their tails.
(c) They look into their eyes.
(d) They have them stare in the sun.
14. In "A Joker", why does the man stop when he sees the donkey?
(a) To try to ride on the donkey.
(b) Because he is afraid of the donkey.
(c) Because the donkey looks hurt.
(d) To wish the donkey well.
15. In the beginning of "At One in the Morning", how does the narrator feel about his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the dog after he smells the perfume in "The Dog and the Vial"?
2. Why does the narrator follow the woman around all day in "The Widows"?
3. What does Baudelaire say about friends in "The Foreigner"?
4. Why does the narrator offer food to the strange man in "Cake"?
5. How does the narrator of "The Clock" describe Feline?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)