|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator of "The Dog and The Vial" get the perfume?
2. In "The Double Room", what wakes the narrator from his dream?
(a) The rising sun.
(b) A woman yelling.
(c) A knock.
(d) A clap of thunder.
3. In "The Old Woman's Despair", why does the woman visit the baby?
(a) To feel less lonely.
(b) To bring him joy.
(c) To bless him.
(d) To make sure the mother is ok.
4. What word does Baudelaire use to describe clouds in "The Foreigner"?
5. After the narrator wakes up in "The Double Room", what does he realize he must do?
(a) Pay bills.
(b) Go back to sleep.
(c) Return to work.
(d) Take a vacation.
6. In "The Foreigner", how is beauty described?
(a) As a fool.
(b) As a goal.
(c) As a game.
(d) As a goddess.
7. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
(a) He howls.
(b) He barks.
(c) He chases his tail.
(d) He licks the vial.
8. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cup.
(c) A dollar bill.
(d) A puppet.
9. How does the tradesman react to his child's gift in "The Fairies' Gifts"?
(a) He laughs at it.
(b) He tries to pay the fairy.
(c) He wants the fairy to explain it to him.
(d) He demands a better gift.
10. In "The Toy of the Poor", what separates the rich child from the poor?
(b) A set of train tracks.
(c) A hedge.
(d) A gate.
11. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
(a) A piece of bread.
(b) A slice of pie.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) A cake.
12. In "The Widows", who does the narrator say visits public parks?
(a) Women who can no longer think.
(b) Children who need to breathe free.
(c) People who are crippled by life.
(d) Men who long for nature.
13. In "The Dog and The Vial", what does the narrator say the dog resembles?
(b) The elite.
(c) The public.
14. What or whom does the narrator of "The Clock" name Feline?
(a) A dog.
(b) A woman.
(c) A Chinese neighbor.
(d) A cat.
15. What does the narrator ask the men in "To Each His Chimera"?
(a) When they found the chimeras.
(b) How heavy the chimeras are.
(c) Who is in control.
(d) Where they are going.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
2. What does the hair feel like in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair"?
3. In "To Arsène Houssaye", what does Baudelaire say this work lacks?
4. In "The Bad Glazier", why does the narrator's friend start a forest fire?
5. In "Crowds", what is the poet's gift?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)