Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the scent of the hair in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair" described?
(a) As reeking of smoke.
(b) As smelling of flowers.
(c) As having a wide-range of scents.
(d) As not having any scent.
2. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
(a) A puppet.
(b) A rat.
(c) A dollar bill.
(d) A cup.
3. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
(a) He barks.
(b) He licks the vial.
(c) He howls.
(d) He chases his tail.
4. In "At One in the Morning", what allows the narrator to relax?
5. What does the narrator of "A Joker" think of his society?
(a) That it is "well educated."
(b) That it is being taken over by animals.
(c) That it is a "splendid imbecile."
(d) That it is "growing poorer."
6. In the beginning of "At One in the Morning", how does the narrator feel about his life?
7. Of whom does the she-devil in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame" remind the narrator?
(a) A snake.
(b) Something gone bad.
(c) His mother.
(d) A woman in the pubs.
8. How does the narrator feel at the end of "Cake"?
9. When the narrator wakes up in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", how does he feel about his interactions with the demons?
(a) He thinks it was just a joke.
(b) He cannot remember the demons.
(c) He regrets his decisions.
(d) He is proud for being so moral.
10. Why does the artist in "The Artist's Confiteor" decide he cannot describe nature?
(a) Because he hates it.
(b) Because he is blind.
(c) Because he has a limited vocabulary.
(d) Because it is too great.
11. Why do the fairies in "The Fairies' Gifts" have to work quickly?
(a) The children they work with age quickly.
(b) They naturally move fast.
(c) They will lose their powers if they slow down.
(d) They have a time limit.
12. How is "The Foreigner" organized?
(a) In alphabetical order.
(b) As a series of questions.
(c) As a letter.
(d) In chronological order.
13. Why does the narrator offer food to the strange man in "Cake"?
(a) The strange man just takes the food.
(b) Because he pays for it.
(c) Because he looks like he needs it.
(d) Because he says he has a child who is hungry.
14. How many devils visit the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame"?
15. What does the baby boy do when he sees the old woman in "The Old Woman's Despair"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He crawls away.
(d) He falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
2. Why does the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame" turn down the ability to have everything of wealth?
3. In "The Dog and The Vial", what does the narrator say the dog resembles?
4. In "Crowds", what is the poet's gift?
5. In "The Toy of the Poor", what separates the rich child from the poor?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)