|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does the poet reflect upon in "The Artist's Confiteor"?
2. What do the men say to the narrator when he asks them questions in "To Each His Chimera"?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They tell him to go away.
(c) They say he is too poor to talk to.
(d) They say they do not know.
3. Where does the narrator of "The Dog and The Vial" get the perfume?
4. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
(a) He barks.
(b) He howls.
(c) He licks the vial.
(d) He chases his tail.
5. What does the baby boy do when he sees the old woman in "The Old Woman's Despair"?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He crawls away.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
6. What does the narrator drop on the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
(a) A picture frame.
(b) A brick.
(c) A book.
(d) A flowerpot.
7. In "The Double Room", what wakes the narrator from his dream?
(a) The rising sun.
(b) A knock.
(c) A woman yelling.
(d) A clap of thunder.
8. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what bothers the narrator about the woman?
(a) Her sister.
(b) She is poor.
(c) Her clothes are dirty.
(d) She whines.
9. How does the poet describe the words "multitude" and "solitude" in "Crowds"?
(a) As being identical.
(b) As being painful.
(c) As being difficult to spell.
(d) As being opposites.
10. How many devils visit the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame"?
11. How does the narrator of "The Fool and Venus" describe the day?
12. In "To Each His Chimera", how does the narrator describe the chimera on the backs of the men?
(a) That they are supporting the men.
(b) That they are invisible.
(c) That they are wings.
(d) That they are part of the men.
13. How is the scent of the hair in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair" described?
(a) As smelling of flowers.
(b) As not having any scent.
(c) As having a wide-range of scents.
(d) As reeking of smoke.
14. What does the narrator ask the men in "To Each His Chimera"?
(a) Who is in control.
(b) When they found the chimeras.
(c) Where they are going.
(d) How heavy the chimeras are.
15. In "Crowds", what does the narrator give credit to for the people who stand out in a crowd?
(c) Good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baudelaire say about friends in "The Foreigner"?
2. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what does the first demon offer the narrator?
3. In "A Joker", what does the donkey do when he sees the man?
4. How does the fairy feel about the tradesman at the end of "The Fairies' Gifts"?
5. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)