|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator want something of color from the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
(a) To brighten up his life.
(b) To resell at the market.
(c) To give to his wife.
(d) To decorate his bedroom.
2. Where does the poet glimpse men in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair"?
(c) A port.
(d) A school.
3. In "The Widows", why is the woman by the gate not allowed in the concert?
(a) Because she has a child.
(b) Because she is poorly dressed.
(c) Because she lacks money.
(d) Because she is late.
4. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
5. Why does the narrator offer food to the strange man in "Cake"?
(a) Because he says he has a child who is hungry.
(b) Because he looks like he needs it.
(c) The strange man just takes the food.
(d) Because he pays for it.
6. In "The Foreigner", what does Baudelaire say about his father?
(a) He does not have one.
(b) He does not know his father.
(c) Baudelaire does not mention his father.
(d) He loves his.
7. In "To Arsène Houssaye", what does the author say reading Aloysius Bertrand made him want to do?
(a) Become a journalist.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Copy his style.
(d) Change his career.
8. What happens after the strange man in "Cake" has a piece of food?
(a) Another man attacks him.
(b) He eats it quickly.
(c) The narrator takes it back.
(d) He throws it on the ground.
9. In "The Toy of the Poor", what separates the rich child from the poor?
(a) A hedge.
(b) A set of train tracks.
(c) A gate.
10. In "The Old Mountebank", what does the narrator first notice about the mountebank?
(a) His smile.
(b) His tall hat.
(c) His wares for sale.
(d) His level of poverty.
11. Where does the narrator of "The Dog and The Vial" get the perfume?
12. What does the narrator of "A Joker" think of his society?
(a) That it is being taken over by animals.
(b) That it is a "splendid imbecile."
(c) That it is "well educated."
(d) That it is "growing poorer."
13. In "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", what does the first demon offer the narrator?
(a) To protect him for the rest of his life.
(b) Three wishes.
(c) Unlimited wealth.
(d) To make him the lord of souls.
14. What does the narrator call himself in "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress"?
(a) King Log.
(b) The trainer.
(d) His Highness.
15. When the narrator wakes up in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", how does he feel about his interactions with the demons?
(a) He is proud for being so moral.
(b) He thinks it was just a joke.
(c) He regrets his decisions.
(d) He cannot remember the demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "The Clock" describe Feline?
2. How many devils visit the narrator of "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame"?
3. What word does Baudelaire use to describe clouds in "The Foreigner"?
4. After the narrator wakes up in "The Double Room", what does he realize he must do?
5. In "The Foreigner", to what is gold compared?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)