Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Section 1: Introduction, To Arsene Houssaye & The Foreigner
1. What is the "Introduction" to this collection of poems?
2. Why does Baudelaire include "To Arsène Houssaye" in this collection of poems?
3. What are the voices discussing in "The Foreigner"?
4. Why does "The Foreigner" end with a comment about clouds?
Short Essay Question - Section 2: The Old Woman's Despair, The Artist's Confiteor, A Joker & The Double Room
5. In "The Old Woman's Despair", how does the old woman feel after visiting the baby?
This section contains 1,018 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)