|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: The Rope, Vocations, The Thyrsus & Get Yourself Drunk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
2. In "A Joker", why does the man stop when he sees the donkey?
(a) To try to ride on the donkey.
(b) Because the donkey looks hurt.
(c) Because he is afraid of the donkey.
(d) To wish the donkey well.
3. In "To Each His Chimera", what color is the sky?
4. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
(a) A puppet.
(b) A rat.
(c) A dollar bill.
(d) A cup.
5. How does the man in "Counterfeit Money" learn that his friend has counterfeit coins?
(a) When he gives some to a beggar.
(b) When he is arrested.
(c) When his wife gets mad.
(d) When he tries to trade coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
2. In "The Fool and Venus", what is the man dressed like a jester doing?
3. Why does the narrator follow the woman around all day in "The Widows"?
4. How many boys meet to talk in "Vocations"?
5. In "The Fool and Venus", at what or where does the narrator notice Venus staring?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)