|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: The Fairies' Gifts, The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame & Evening Twilight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
(a) A slice of pie.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A cake.
2. In "A Joker", why does the man stop when he sees the donkey?
(a) To try to ride on the donkey.
(b) Because he is afraid of the donkey.
(c) To wish the donkey well.
(d) Because the donkey looks hurt.
3. In "The Foreigner", to what is gold compared?
4. In "The Toy of the Poor", what separates the rich child from the poor?
(b) A hedge.
(c) A gate.
(d) A set of train tracks.
5. Why does the narrator follow the woman around all day in "The Widows"?
(a) He thinks he knows her.
(b) He is fascinated with her.
(c) She owes him money.
(d) She asks him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is "The Foreigner" organized?
2. Why does the man throw a chicken in "Evening Twilight"?
3. What does the narrator call himself in "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress"?
4. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
5. In "Crowds", what does the narrator give credit to for the people who stand out in a crowd?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)