|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: The Fairies' Gifts, The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame & Evening Twilight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
(a) A piece of bread.
(b) A slice of pie.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) A cake.
2. In "The Fool and Venus", what is the man dressed like a jester doing?
(a) Performing in a park.
(b) Begging for money.
(c) Drawing a picture.
(d) Staring at a statue.
3. How is the scent of the hair in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair" described?
(a) As having a wide-range of scents.
(b) As not having any scent.
(c) As reeking of smoke.
(d) As smelling of flowers.
4. Why does the man throw a chicken in "Evening Twilight"?
(a) He thinks there is an offensive note in it.
(b) He had had too much to drink.
(c) He dislikes the way the chicken tastes.
(d) He is defending himself against an attacker.
5. Why does Baudelaire mention clouds in "The Foreigner"?
(a) Because they are not human.
(b) Because they represent God.
(c) Because they send rain.
(d) Because they are loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet describe the words "multitude" and "solitude" in "Crowds"?
2. In "The Widows", why is the woman by the gate not allowed in the concert?
3. What do the men say to the narrator when he asks them questions in "To Each His Chimera"?
4. Why does the narrator suggest people should buy toys in "The Toy of the Poor"?
5. What happens after the strange man in "Cake" has a piece of food?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)