|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Clock, A Hemisphere in Her Hair, Invitation to the Voyage & The Toy of the Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Crowds", what is the poet's gift?
(a) To be a crowd.
(b) To be one and all.
(c) To be an observer.
(d) To be educated.
2. In the beginning of "At One in the Morning", how does the narrator feel about his life?
3. How does the narrator of "The Fool and Venus" describe the day?
4. In "A Joker", what does the donkey do when he sees the man?
(a) The donkey kicks his legs.
(b) The donkey goes to beg food from the man.
(c) The donkey bites him.
(d) The donkey trots on.
5. What does the strange man call "cake" in "Cake"?
(a) A cake.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A slice of pie.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "To Each His Chimera", how does the narrator describe the chimera on the backs of the men?
2. Why does the artist in "The Artist's Confiteor" decide he cannot describe nature?
3. In "The Foreigner", what does Baudelaire say about his father?
4. What does the poor child play with in "The Toy of the Poor"?
5. In "The Foreigner", to what is gold compared?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)