|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Clock, A Hemisphere in Her Hair, Invitation to the Voyage & The Toy of the Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Baudelaire mention clouds in "The Foreigner"?
(a) Because they represent God.
(b) Because they are not human.
(c) Because they send rain.
(d) Because they are loved.
2. In "The Old Mountebank", how do the merchants try to get the customers' attention?
(a) With colorful signs.
(b) They yell.
(c) They throw things at them.
(d) With free samples.
3. In "To Each His Chimera", how does the narrator describe the chimera on the backs of the men?
(a) That they are supporting the men.
(b) That they are wings.
(c) That they are invisible.
(d) That they are part of the men.
4. In "The Foreigner", what does Baudelaire say about his father?
(a) He does not know his father.
(b) He does not have one.
(c) He loves his.
(d) Baudelaire does not mention his father.
5. In "Crowds", what does the narrator give credit to for the people who stand out in a crowd?
(c) Good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "The Clock" describe Feline?
2. In "At One in the Morning", what allows the narrator to relax?
3. In "To Arsène Houssaye", what does the author say reading Aloysius Bertrand made him want to do?
4. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
5. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)