|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Clock, A Hemisphere in Her Hair, Invitation to the Voyage & The Toy of the Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the baby boy do when he sees the old woman in "The Old Woman's Despair"?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He cries.
(c) He crawls away.
(d) He laughs.
2. In "The Double Room", what wakes the narrator from his dream?
(a) A knock.
(b) The rising sun.
(c) A clap of thunder.
(d) A woman yelling.
3. Why does Baudelaire mention clouds in "The Foreigner"?
(a) Because they are not human.
(b) Because they are loved.
(c) Because they send rain.
(d) Because they represent God.
4. How does the narrator describe the dog after he smells the perfume in "The Dog and the Vial"?
(d) Ill tempered.
5. In the beginning of "At One in the Morning", how does the narrator feel about his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What or whom does the narrator of "The Clock" name Feline?
2. Why does the narrator not go to speak to the mountebank about his wares in "The Old Mountebank"?
3. In "A Joker", what does the donkey do when he sees the man?
4. In "The Toy of the Poor", what separates the rich child from the poor?
5. Where does the poet glimpse men in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)