|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Clock, A Hemisphere in Her Hair, Invitation to the Voyage & The Toy of the Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "To Arsène Houssaye", what does the author say reading Aloysius Bertrand made him want to do?
(a) Copy his style.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Become a journalist.
(d) Change his career.
2. In "The Widows", why is the woman by the gate not allowed in the concert?
(a) Because she is poorly dressed.
(b) Because she has a child.
(c) Because she is late.
(d) Because she lacks money.
3. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", where does the poet see "the languor of long hours"?
(a) In a bathtub.
(b) On a divan.
(c) On her bed.
(d) In a park.
4. In "The Clock", how do the Chinese tell time using cats?
(a) They pet them.
(b) They have them stare in the sun.
(c) They look into their eyes.
(d) They watch their tails.
5. What does the hair feel like in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the dog after he smells the perfume in "The Dog and the Vial"?
2. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
3. In "Crowds", what does the narrator give credit to for the people who stand out in a crowd?
4. Why does the narrator not go to speak to the mountebank about his wares in "The Old Mountebank"?
5. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)