|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: The Clock, A Hemisphere in Her Hair, Invitation to the Voyage & The Toy of the Poor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
2. What happens to the mountebank in "The Old Mountebank"?
(a) The narrator loses sight of him.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He walks into a restaurant.
(d) He starts singing loudly.
3. Why does the artist in "The Artist's Confiteor" decide he cannot describe nature?
(a) Because he hates it.
(b) Because he is blind.
(c) Because he has a limited vocabulary.
(d) Because it is too great.
4. In "To Each His Chimera", what color is the sky?
5. In "The Old Woman's Despair", why does the woman visit the baby?
(a) To feel less lonely.
(b) To make sure the mother is ok.
(c) To bless him.
(d) To bring him joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the scent of the hair in "A Hemisphere in Her Hair" described?
2. In "To Arsène Houssaye", what does the author say reading Aloysius Bertrand made him want to do?
3. What does the dog do after smelling the perfume in "The Dog and The Vial"?
4. What do the men say to the narrator when he asks them questions in "To Each His Chimera"?
5. How does the narrator of "The Fool and Venus" describe the day?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)