|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Bad Glazier, At One in the Morning, The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress & Crowds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
2. What word does Baudelaire use to describe clouds in "The Foreigner"?
3. In "The Double Room", what wakes the narrator from his dream?
(a) A woman yelling.
(b) The rising sun.
(c) A clap of thunder.
(d) A knock.
4. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
5. In "The Fool and Venus", at what or where does the narrator notice Venus staring?
(a) To the sky.
(b) At the jester.
(c) At himself.
(d) Into the distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", to what is gold compared?
2. What does the baby boy do when he sees the old woman in "The Old Woman's Despair"?
3. Why does the narrator want something of color from the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
4. In "The Foreigner", what does Baudelaire say he does not know the latitude of?
5. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what does the narrator describe as being in an iron cage?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)