|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Bad Glazier, At One in the Morning, The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress & Crowds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fool and Venus", at what or where does the narrator notice Venus staring?
(a) Into the distance.
(b) To the sky.
(c) At the jester.
(d) At himself.
2. What word does Baudelaire use to describe clouds in "The Foreigner"?
3. In "The Bad Glazier", why does the narrator's friend start a forest fire?
(a) To see how quickly it spread.
(b) Because he falls asleep while smoking a cigar.
(c) It is an accident.
(d) To frighten his wife.
4. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
5. In "Crowds", what is the poet's gift?
(a) To be educated.
(b) To be one and all.
(c) To be an observer.
(d) To be a crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Joker", why does the man stop when he sees the donkey?
2. What does the narrator of "A Joker" think of his society?
3. What does the baby boy do when he sees the old woman in "The Old Woman's Despair"?
4. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
5. In "The Old Woman's Despair", to what does the old woman compare herself?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)