|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Bad Glazier, At One in the Morning, The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress & Crowds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator want something of color from the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
(a) To decorate his bedroom.
(b) To resell at the market.
(c) To brighten up his life.
(d) To give to his wife.
2. In "The Dog and The Vial", what does the narrator say the dog resembles?
(a) The public.
(c) The elite.
3. In "The Fool and Venus", at what or where does the narrator notice Venus staring?
(a) To the sky.
(b) At the jester.
(c) At himself.
(d) Into the distance.
4. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what does the narrator describe as being in an iron cage?
(a) Faith and beauty.
(b) All women.
(c) A hairy monster.
5. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
2. In "The Foreigner", what does Baudelaire say he does not know the latitude of?
3. In "The Fool and Venus", what is the man dressed like a jester doing?
4. Why does the narrator feel sympathy for the man dressed as a jester in "The Fool and Venus"?
5. In "Crowds", what does the narrator give credit to for the people who stand out in a crowd?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)