|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Bad Glazier, At One in the Morning, The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress & Crowds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator call himself in "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress"?
(a) King Log.
(b) The trainer.
(d) His Highness.
2. After the narrator wakes up in "The Double Room", what does he realize he must do?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Go back to sleep.
(c) Return to work.
(d) Pay bills.
3. In "The Bad Glazier", why does the narrator suppose demons take over people?
(a) Because he believes people are good.
(b) Because they cannot explain their actions.
(c) Because everyone he knows acts possessed.
(d) Because God is not in all men.
4. In "The Fool and Venus", what is the man dressed like a jester doing?
(a) Drawing a picture.
(b) Staring at a statue.
(c) Performing in a park.
(d) Begging for money.
5. Why does Baudelaire mention clouds in "The Foreigner"?
(a) Because they represent God.
(b) Because they are not human.
(c) Because they send rain.
(d) Because they are loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Double Room", what wakes the narrator from his dream?
2. What does Baudelaire say about friends in "The Foreigner"?
3. What word does Baudelaire use to describe clouds in "The Foreigner"?
4. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
5. In the beginning of "At One in the Morning", how does the narrator feel about his life?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)