|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: The Bad Glazier, At One in the Morning, The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress & Crowds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Bad Glazier", why does the narrator's friend start a forest fire?
(a) To frighten his wife.
(b) Because he falls asleep while smoking a cigar.
(c) It is an accident.
(d) To see how quickly it spread.
2. How is "The Foreigner" organized?
(a) In chronological order.
(b) As a letter.
(c) In alphabetical order.
(d) As a series of questions.
3. In "The Old Woman's Despair", to what does the old woman compare herself?
(a) A scarecrow.
(b) A setting sun.
(c) A wilted flower.
(d) An empty house.
4. In "The Foreigner", how is beauty described?
(a) As a game.
(b) As a fool.
(c) As a goddess.
(d) As a goal.
5. Why does the narrator feel sympathy for the man dressed as a jester in "The Fool and Venus"?
(a) Because of his poor speech.
(b) Because of his occupation.
(c) Because of his clothes and eyes.
(d) Because of his unkempt hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Baudelaire use to describe clouds in "The Foreigner"?
2. How does the poet describe the words "multitude" and "solitude" in "Crowds"?
3. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what bothers the narrator about the woman?
4. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator call the woman on the bed?
5. In "To Each His Chimera", how does the narrator describe the chimera on the backs of the men?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)