|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: To Each His Chimera, The Fool and Venus & The Dog and the Vial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Baudelaire mention clouds in "The Foreigner"?
(a) Because they represent God.
(b) Because they are loved.
(c) Because they are not human.
(d) Because they send rain.
2. In "The Double Room", what wakes the narrator from his dream?
(a) A knock.
(b) A clap of thunder.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) A woman yelling.
3. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator describe about the room?
(a) The people inside.
(b) The feelings he has about the room.
(c) The physical appearance.
(d) The nature outside the room.
4. Why does the artist in "The Artist's Confiteor" decide he cannot describe nature?
(a) Because he hates it.
(b) Because it is too great.
(c) Because he has a limited vocabulary.
(d) Because he is blind.
5. What does the narrator ask the men in "To Each His Chimera"?
(a) Who is in control.
(b) How heavy the chimeras are.
(c) When they found the chimeras.
(d) Where they are going.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", to what is gold compared?
2. How is "The Foreigner" organized?
3. How does the narrator describe the dog after he smells the perfume in "The Dog and the Vial"?
4. In "The Old Woman's Despair", why does the woman visit the baby?
5. In "A Joker", why does the man stop when he sees the donkey?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)