|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: The Port, Portraits of Mistresses & The Gallant Marksman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Solitude", what does the journalist ask the poet about sharing?
(a) If solitude protects him from sharing.
(b) If he shares his money with the needy.
(c) If he can define the word.
(d) If he feels the need to share joy.
2. In "The Dog and The Vial", what does the narrator say the dog resembles?
(a) The public.
(c) The elite.
3. When the narrator wakes up in "The Temptations: Or, Eros, Plutus, and Fame", how does he feel about his interactions with the demons?
(a) He cannot remember the demons.
(b) He thinks it was just a joke.
(c) He is proud for being so moral.
(d) He regrets his decisions.
4. What does the narrator of "The Eyes of the Poor" remember the woman doing when she saw the poor man?
(a) She gave the small child a toy.
(b) She had a waiter make them leave.
(c) She turned her back to them.
(d) She threw a coin at them.
5. Why does the first beautiful woman die young in "Which is the Real One?"
(a) Because of an accident.
(b) Because she was beaten.
(c) Because of an illness.
(d) Because of her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man stop doing in "The Gallant Marksman" in order to practice shooting?
2. How is the woman as a painting subject described in "The Desire to Paint"?
3. In "The Old Mountebank", what does the narrator first notice about the mountebank?
4. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what bothers the narrator about the woman?
5. In "A Hemisphere in Her Hair", what color hair does the poet focus on?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)