|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Widows, The Old Mountebank & Cake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel at the end of "Cake"?
2. In "The Old Woman's Despair", why does the woman visit the baby?
(a) To bless him.
(b) To make sure the mother is ok.
(c) To feel less lonely.
(d) To bring him joy.
3. In "The Wild Woman and the Little Mistress", what does the narrator describe as being in an iron cage?
(a) All women.
(b) Faith and beauty.
(d) A hairy monster.
4. In "The Double Room", what does the narrator describe about the room?
(a) The physical appearance.
(b) The people inside.
(c) The nature outside the room.
(d) The feelings he has about the room.
5. In "The Dog and The Vial", what does the narrator say the dog resembles?
(b) The public.
(d) The elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator want something of color from the glazier in "The Bad Glazier"?
2. How is "The Foreigner" organized?
3. In "The Widows", who does the narrator say visits public parks?
4. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
5. What season does the poet reflect upon in "The Artist's Confiteor"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)