|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: The Widows, The Old Mountebank & Cake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Foreigner", what emotions does Baudelaire tie to gold?
2. In "The Widows", what do the poor do with their grief?
(a) They express it aloud.
(b) They try to hide it.
(c) They use it to avoid paying bills.
(d) They turn it into art.
3. In "The Foreigner", what emotion does Baudelaire discuss?
4. What do the men say to the narrator when he asks them questions in "To Each His Chimera"?
(a) They say he is too poor to talk to.
(b) They tell him to go away.
(c) They say they do not know.
(d) They laugh.
5. How does the narrator of "The Fool and Venus" describe the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator not go to speak to the mountebank about his wares in "The Old Mountebank"?
2. In "The Fool and Venus", at what or where does the narrator notice Venus staring?
3. What season does the poet reflect upon in "The Artist's Confiteor"?
4. In "The Dog and The Vial", what does the narrator say the dog resembles?
5. What happens to the mountebank in "The Old Mountebank"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)