|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: The Favors of the Moon, Which is the Real One?, A Thoroughbred & The Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Moon leave with the child in "The Favors of the Moon"?
(b) Special powers.
(c) A blessing.
2. How is the thoroughbred described in "A Thoroughbred"?
3. How does the poet describe the words "multitude" and "solitude" in "Crowds"?
(a) As being identical.
(b) As being difficult to spell.
(c) As being opposites.
(d) As being painful.
4. At the end of "Plans", what does the man say about planning?
(a) It is funny.
(b) It is not for him.
(c) It is difficult work.
(d) It is a joy.
5. In "Crowds", what is the poet's gift?
(a) To be a crowd.
(b) To be an observer.
(c) To be one and all.
(d) To be educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the child does the Moon touch in "The Favors of the Moon"?
2. How does Baudelaire say he feels about solitude in "Solitude"?
3. What makes the man in "Plans" think about a cabin?
4. Where does the man walk in "Plans"?
5. How does the second beautiful woman in "Which is the Real One?" feel when she sees the narrator?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)