Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will proclaim the savior's coming?
2. From who will the new nation spring?
3. What will man be cursed with if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
4. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
5. What does Eve think is the source of life?
Why do you think Milton represents Paradise as he does? Is it more serious than modern day representations? What sort of tone does Milton's Paradise give to the poem? How would this tone change if you swapped Milton's representation for a more modern day representation?
Identify the main themes of the poem. Why do you think these themes are so important? How does Milton use character and setting to express these themes?
Milton wrote Paradise Lost in the 17th Century. Think about the world and, in particular, Britain during this period and discuss whether the book reflects what was happening.
1) What are the book's themes? Do they relate to Britain's political or social environment in the 17th Century? If so, how?
2) Is Milton's vision a direct result of what was happening in the world at that time?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)