|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Satan's followers respond to his victory?
2. What reason does the serpent give for God not allowing Eve to eat from the tree?
3. From who will the new nation spring?
4. On what day does Satan find a way to sneak back to Eden?
5. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the serpent persuade Eve to eat from the tree?
2. How will Jesus save mankind?
3. In what way are angels similar to humans?
4. What does Adam see in the field?
5. What will happen when a tyrant rises?
6. Why does Adam also decide to eat the fruit?
7. What is Adam's reason for wanting a mate?
8. Why did God create another world?
9. Why does Adam want Eve to stay with him?
10. How do the angels comfort Adam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the poem. Why do you think these themes are so important? How does Milton use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact of good and evil within our culture. Do the students think representations of good and evil have had a negative impact on society? Does the division of good and evil make things simpler than what they are? Does Milton subvert any ideas of good and evil in Paradise Lost. How much has the representation of good and evil changed since the 17th Century?
Essay Topic 3
Satan destroys God's creation because he wants to be heard and not ordered. Do you think Milton represents God as someone who refuses to listen? Does God oppress Satan and his followers? Can you understand why Satan revolted against heaven?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)