|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Satan find a way to sneak back to Eden?
2. What does God create on the fifth day?
3. What is God's final creation?
4. What does God create on the sixth day?
5. Where do Moses and Aaron find their new nation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adam still feel hope?
2. How do the angels comfort Adam?
3. Why did God create another world?
4. What do you think the Creation story illustrates about good and evil?
5. Why does God not stop Satan from destroying paradise?
6. Why does Adam want Eve to stay with him?
7. What will happen when a tyrant rises?
8. What is Adam's reason for wanting a mate?
9. How will man get to the promised land?
10. In what way are angels similar to humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the poem. Why do you think these themes are so important? How does Milton use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Milton's style. How long is each line and verse? What kind of language does Milton use? How does Milton develop a rhythm to the poem? What meaning does his style give the book?
Essay Topic 3
Satan destroys God's creation because he wants to be heard and not ordered. Do you think Milton represents God as someone who refuses to listen? Does God oppress Satan and his followers? Can you understand why Satan revolted against heaven?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)