|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God create when he divides the waters?
2. From where does Adam claim men's woes spring?
3. What will happen when the church becomes corrupted?
4. What is Eve amazed that the serpent can do?
5. What will God promise Abraham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
2. Why does God create man and woman?
3. Why does God not stop Satan from destroying paradise?
4. Why did God create another world?
5. In what way does Raphael say woman is inferior to man?
6. How will man get to the promised land?
7. How will Jesus save mankind?
8. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
9. What does Adam see in the field?
10. What will happen when a tyrant rises?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Satan destroys God's creation because he wants to be heard and not ordered. Do you think Milton represents God as someone who refuses to listen? Does God oppress Satan and his followers? Can you understand why Satan revolted against heaven?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples to support your argument, discuss the following statement: "Milton's poem is not too close to the Bible story to express anything that is different."
Essay Topic 3
Compare Satan and God.
1) Are they both black-and-white representations of good and evil or are they more complex?
2) What is their relationship to each other? Is their rivalry only Satan's side?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)