|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Eve prefer to learn?
2. Over what do Sin and Death build a bridge?
3. On what day does Satan find a way to sneak back to Eden?
4. What does God take from Adam to create woman?
5. What is happening to the people in the lazar-house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Jesus save mankind?
2. What has Adam learned from his experience?
3. What is Adam's reason for wanting a mate?
4. How do Satan's followers meet his announcement that they have destroyed God's creation?
5. Why does God not stop Satan from destroying paradise?
6. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
7. What does Raphael say is man's place in the world?
8. What do you think the Creation story illustrates about good and evil?
9. Why does Adam want Eve to stay with him?
10. How will man get to the promised land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two different settings in the novel and discuss how different characters act in different settings and the reasons why. For example, what is it about Paradise that makes Satan so uncomfortable?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Milton represents Hell as he does? Is it more serious than modern day representations? What sort of tone does Milton's Hell give to the poem? How would this tone change if you swapped Milton's representation for a more modern day representation?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Milton represents Paradise as he does? Is it more serious than modern day representations? What sort of tone does Milton's Paradise give to the poem? How would this tone change if you swapped Milton's representation for a more modern day representation?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)