Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will proclaim the savior's coming?
2. From who will the new nation spring?
3. What will man be cursed with if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
4. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
5. What does Eve think is the source of life?
Essay Topic 1
What is blank verse? What meaning do the students think it can convey in comparison to lyric poetry? Why do the students think John Milton uses blank verse in Paradise Lost? What kind of texture does it give the poem?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples to support your argument, discuss the following statement: "Milton's poem is not too close to the Bible story to express anything that is different."
Essay Topic 3
Examine Milton's style. How long is each line and verse? What kind of language does Milton use? How does Milton develop a rhythm to the poem? What meaning does his style give the book?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)