|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what have Satan's followers been transformed?
2. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
3. What does God create on the fifth day?
4. What reason does Adam give for hiding?
5. From where does Adam claim men's woes spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam see on the plain?
2. Why does Adam want Eve to stay with him?
3. Why does God create man and woman?
4. What does Adam see in the field?
5. How does God create another world?
6. How do Adam and Eve come to terms with leaving paradise?
7. Why did God create another world?
8. How will Jesus save mankind?
9. How does the serpent persuade Eve to eat from the tree?
10. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the first examples of Satan in fiction? How has the the representation of Satan developed over the years? What are the differences between the representation of Satan in the 17th Century compared to today?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the Fall of Man story that the poem was based upon. What are the similarities between the poem and the story? How much has Milton changed the story? Does Milton's poem have a different meaning from the story in Genesis?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Milton represents Paradise as he does? Is it more serious than modern day representations? What sort of tone does Milton's Paradise give to the poem? How would this tone change if you swapped Milton's representation for a more modern day representation?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)