Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will proclaim the savior's coming?
2. From who will the new nation spring?
3. What will man be cursed with if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
4. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
5. What does Eve think is the source of life?
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the poem to argue for or against the following statement: "Milton makes Satan a complex and almost likable character in order to express the complexity of good and evil."
Essay Topic 2
Paradise Lost is written in the third person. Why do you think Milton chose to write the poem in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the poem would have changed if it were written in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Milton's style. How long is each line and verse? What kind of language does Milton use? How does Milton develop a rhythm to the poem? What meaning does his style give the book?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)