|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three things does God create on the fifth day?
2. What does Adam remind Eve in Book 9?
3. What two things does God say his Son will be?
4. What will God promise Abraham?
5. How are the reaper and the shepherd related to Adam?
Essay Topic 1
Paradise Lost is written in the third person. Why do you think Milton chose to write the poem in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the poem would have changed if it were written in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine blank verse.
1) What do you think blank verse expresses that other forms of poetry do not? How different would Paradise Lost be if it were written in lyrical form?
2) What kind of poets from the past and present have used blank verse? Why do you think though chose blank verse to express their ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples to support your argument, discuss the following statement: "Milton's poem is not too close to the Bible story to express anything that is different."
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)