Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will proclaim the savior's coming?
2. From who will the new nation spring?
3. What will man be cursed with if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
4. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
5. What does Eve think is the source of life?
Essay Topic 1
Paradise lost is made up of 12 books. Examine the structure of the poem.
1) How does Milton develop the theme of good and evil?
2) Why do Milton actually mention that the story is changing into a tragedy?
3) How does the structure subvert what we already know about the story of the Fall of Man?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Satan and God.
1) Are they both black-and-white representations of good and evil or are they more complex?
2) What is their relationship to each other? Is their rivalry only Satan's side?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples to support your argument, discuss the following statement: "Milton's poem is not too close to the Bible story to express anything that is different."
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)