|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the serpent give for God not allowing Eve to eat from the tree?
(a) It would make her like God.
(b) It would make her higher than God.
(c) It would make her happy.
(d) It would make her superior to man.
2. What does Eve leave to do at the beginning of Book 8?
(a) Tend to the plants
(b) Meet Satan
(c) Collect some fruit
(d) Kill some serpents
3. What does God create when he divides the waters?
(a) Sky and sea
(c) Air and sky
(d) Heaven and earth
4. What rescues the man from being killed in the war?
(a) A cloud
(b) A whirlwind
(c) A child
(d) A bolt of lightning
5. Why is woman inferior to man?
(a) She cannot speak.
(b) She is made from a rib.
(c) She is a simpler creature.
(d) She bears less resemblance to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen when the church becomes corrupted?
2. Whose help does the author go to for to continue the story?
3. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
4. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
5. What creature does Satan choose for his purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Adam and Eve come to terms with leaving paradise?
2. Why does Adam also decide to eat the fruit?
3. Why does God create man and woman?
4. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
5. What will happen when a tyrant rises?
6. What does Raphael say is man's place in the world?
7. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
8. What has Adam learned from his experience?
9. How does the serpent persuade Eve to eat from the tree?
10. What do you think the Creation story illustrates about good and evil?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)