|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eve leave to do at the beginning of Book 8?
(a) Collect some fruit
(b) Tend to the plants
(c) Kill some serpents
(d) Meet Satan
2. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
(a) To gain lasting fame
(b) To be live above man
(c) To climb to heaven
(d) To be all seeing
3. What punishment does God give Adam?
(a) To know evil
(b) To eat bread made form his own labor
(c) To feel tiredness
(d) To descend into hell
4. From where does Adam claim men's woes spring?
5. After whose image has Eve been fashioned?
(b) The angels
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adam blame for eating the forbidden fruit?
2. What punishment does God give Eve?
3. What story does Adam now ask Raphael to tell?
4. What does Adam remind Eve in Book 9?
5. Over what do Sin and Death build a bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
2. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
3. How will Jesus save mankind?
4. What does Raphael say is man's place in the world?
5. Why does God create man and woman?
6. Why does Adam want Eve to stay with him?
7. How does the serpent persuade Eve to eat from the tree?
8. What does Adam see on the plain?
9. What is Adam's reason for wanting a mate?
10. Why does God not stop Satan from destroying paradise?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)