|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does God give Adam?
(a) To descend into hell
(b) To feel tiredness
(c) To eat bread made form his own labor
(d) To know evil
2. Over what do Sin and Death build a bridge?
(d) Pandora's box
3. What does God say will happen to Adam if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
(a) He will spend eternity alone.
(b) He will die
(c) He will grow lazy and stupid.
(d) He will lose his looks.
4. To what tree does the serpent lead Eve?
(a) The tree of love
(b) The tree of sin
(c) The tree of fun
(d) The tree of knowledge
5. From where does Adam claim men's woes spring?
Short Answer Questions
1. What three things does God create on the fifth day?
2. What does the angel tell Adam a woman should never be allowed to do?
3. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
4. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
5. How are the reaper and the shepherd related to Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
2. Why did God create another world?
3. How will Jesus save mankind?
4. How do the angels comfort Adam?
5. What does Adam see in the field?
6. In what way does Raphael say woman is inferior to man?
7. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
8. What has Adam learned from his experience?
9. How does the serpent persuade Eve to eat from the tree?
10. Why does Adam also decide to eat the fruit?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)