|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the good man build in Book 11?
(a) A statue
(b) An ark
(c) A lake
(d) A palace
2. What will God promise Abraham?
(a) A beautiful wife
(d) Eternal peace
3. What is happening to the people in the lazar-house?
(a) They are talking in different tongues.
(b) They are giving birth.
(c) They are being tortured.
(d) They are dying of terrible diseases.
4. What story does Adam now ask Raphael to tell?
(a) God's upbringing
(c) Satan's upbringing
(d) Noah's Ark
5. From where does Adam claim men's woes spring?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve think is the source of life?
2. What time do Adam and Eve agree to meet?
3. How does God punish the serpent?
4. Who does Adam blame for eating the forbidden fruit?
5. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adam still feel hope?
2. How do Satan's followers meet his announcement that they have destroyed God's creation?
3. What do you think the Creation story illustrates about good and evil?
4. What does Adam see in the field?
5. How do Adam and Eve come to terms with leaving paradise?
6. How does the serpent persuade Eve to eat from the tree?
7. What has Adam learned from his experience?
8. How will man get to the promised land?
9. What does Adam see on the plain?
10. Why does God not stop Satan from destroying paradise?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)