|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eve think is the source of life?
(a) Her womb
(c) The rain
2. Who names the animals?
3. What time do Adam and Eve agree to meet?
(b) 2 pm
4. How do Satan's followers respond to his victory?
(a) By holding up hell's flag
(b) By hissing
(c) By booing
(d) By stamping
5. How does the serpent claim he gained the gift of speech?
(a) By eating the forbidding fruit
(b) By listening to Adam and Eve
(c) By doing as God says
(d) By studying hard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reaper use to beat the shepherd to death?
2. What does Adam say he has been comparing at the beginning of Book 8?
3. To what tree does the serpent lead Eve?
4. Which two brothers are sent to lead their people back to the promised land?
5. What is Eve amazed that the serpent can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does God not stop Satan from destroying paradise?
2. What do you think the Creation story illustrates about good and evil?
3. Why does Adam also decide to eat the fruit?
4. In what way does Raphael say woman is inferior to man?
5. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
6. What will happen when a tyrant rises?
7. Why does God create man and woman?
8. What does Adam see in the field?
9. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
10. What does Raphael say is man's place in the world?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)