|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From who will the new nation spring?
2. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
(a) The reader may lose interest.
(b) The story is to become a tragedy.
(c) The story is about to become a melodrama.
(d) The story is about to end.
3. How does the serpent claim he gained the gift of speech?
(a) By listening to Adam and Eve
(b) By doing as God says
(c) By studying hard
(d) By eating the forbidding fruit
4. What is happening to the people in the lazar-house?
(a) They are talking in different tongues.
(b) They are dying of terrible diseases.
(c) They are being tortured.
(d) They are giving birth.
5. What reason does the serpent give for God not allowing Eve to eat from the tree?
(a) It would make her superior to man.
(b) It would make her higher than God.
(c) It would make her happy.
(d) It would make her like God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two people does Adam see in a field?
2. To what tree does the serpent lead Eve?
3. What story does Adam now ask Raphael to tell?
4. Who does God order to drive man out of paradise?
5. What creature does Satan choose for his purpose?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)