|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam say he has been comparing at the beginning of Book 8?
(a) The earth and the sky
(b) Animals and humans
(c) The sun and the moon
(d) Man and woman
2. Where do Moses and Aaron find their new nation?
3. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
(a) The story is about to become a melodrama.
(b) The story is about to end.
(c) The reader may lose interest.
(d) The story is to become a tragedy.
4. After whose image has Eve been fashioned?
(b) The angels
5. Which two brothers are sent to lead their people back to the promised land?
(a) David and Jonah
(b) Cain and Abel
(c) Joseph and Daniel
(d) Moses and Aaron
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature does Satan choose for his purpose?
2. What was the first thing Adam asked the animals?
3. How do Satan's followers respond to his victory?
4. Why did God send Raphael to Hell while he created earth?
5. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the angels comfort Adam?
2. Why does Adam want Eve to stay with him?
3. How will man get to the promised land?
4. Why does God not stop Satan from destroying paradise?
5. Why does Adam also decide to eat the fruit?
6. What does Adam see on the plain?
7. In what way are angels similar to humans?
8. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
9. In what way does Raphael say woman is inferior to man?
10. How do Satan's followers meet his announcement that they have destroyed God's creation?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)