|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam reluctantly agree for Eve to do?
(a) Work alone
(b) Wear clothes
(c) Sleep an extra hour
(d) Talk to Satan
2. From who will the new nation spring?
3. By whom has the poet been inspired?
(a) The goddess
(b) The Son of God
4. What two weapons is Michael carrying in Book 11?
(a) An axe and a shield
(b) A sword and a spear
(c) A sword and a shield
(d) An axe and a chain
5. What does Eve think is the source of life?
(c) Her womb
(d) The rain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the good man build in Book 11?
2. Which two brothers are sent to lead their people back to the promised land?
3. What story does Adam now ask Raphael to tell?
4. What does Adam realize is the highest victory?
5. On what day does Satan find a way to sneak back to Eden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did God create another world?
2. What is Adam's reason for wanting a mate?
3. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
4. How does God create another world?
5. How do the angels comfort Adam?
6. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
7. How will man get to the promised land?
8. How does the serpent persuade Eve to eat from the tree?
9. What does Raphael say is man's place in the world?
10. How will Jesus save mankind?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)