|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
(a) Raphael saw the whole thing.
(b) He is all-knowing.
(c) He has spies everywhere.
(d) Satan has been boasting of his victory.
2. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
(a) The story is about to end.
(b) The story is to become a tragedy.
(c) The story is about to become a melodrama.
(d) The reader may lose interest.
3. What is God's final creation?
4. On what day does Satan find a way to sneak back to Eden?
(a) The twelveth day
(b) The eighth day
(c) The tenth day
(d) The seventh day
5. How many days does Satan think it will take to destroy Eden?
(a) Three days
(b) One day
(c) Two days
(d) Half a day
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adam blame for eating the forbidden fruit?
2. What does God create on the fifth day?
3. What does the angel tell Adam a woman should never be allowed to do?
4. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
5. From where does Michael say men's woes come?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
2. Why does Adam want Eve to stay with him?
3. In what way are angels similar to humans?
4. Why does Adam still feel hope?
5. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
6. Why does God create man and woman?
7. What does Adam see on the plain?
8. How do the angels comfort Adam?
9. How will man get to the promised land?
10. How does God create another world?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)