|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God say will happen to Adam if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
(a) He will lose his looks.
(b) He will die
(c) He will grow lazy and stupid.
(d) He will spend eternity alone.
2. What does Eve leave to do at the beginning of Book 8?
(a) Tend to the plants
(b) Meet Satan
(c) Collect some fruit
(d) Kill some serpents
3. What does Eve think is the source of life?
(a) Her womb
(c) The rain
4. How are the reaper and the shepherd related to Adam?
(a) They are his children.
(b) They are his cousins.
(c) They are his great grandchildren.
(d) They are his grandchildren.
5. With what does Raphael say the Son of God goes forward?
(a) The Word
Short Answer Questions
1. After whose image has Eve been fashioned?
2. What rescues the man from being killed in the war?
3. What is Eve amazed that the serpent can do?
4. What is happening to the people in the lazar-house?
5. What will man be cursed with if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam see on the plain?
2. Why did God create another world?
3. How will Jesus save mankind?
4. Why does Adam also decide to eat the fruit?
5. What does Adam see in the field?
6. How will man get to the promised land?
7. Why does God create man and woman?
8. What does Raphael say is man's place in the world?
9. Why does Adam still feel hope?
10. What do you think the Creation story illustrates about good and evil?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)