|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three things does God create on the fifth day?
(a) Reptiles, fish and birds
(b) Man, woman and animal
(c) Flowers, plants and trees
(d) Birds, bees and trees
2. Who does God order to drive man out of paradise?
3. From where does Michael say men's woes come?
(b) His own weakness
4. What does the Son of God use to draw the circumference of Heaven and Earth?
(a) A golden compass
(b) A silver compass
(c) A silver pen
(d) A golden pencil
5. How does the serpent claim he gained the gift of speech?
(a) By listening to Adam and Eve
(b) By doing as God says
(c) By studying hard
(d) By eating the forbidding fruit
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam say he has been comparing at the beginning of Book 8?
2. Into what have Satan's followers been transformed?
3. What is Eve amazed that the serpent can do?
4. By whom has the poet been inspired?
5. From who will the new nation spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raphael say is man's place in the world?
2. How do Adam and Eve come to terms with leaving paradise?
3. How do the angels comfort Adam?
4. How does God create another world?
5. Why does God create man and woman?
6. Why did God create another world?
7. What will be Adam and Eve's punishment?
8. What does Adam see on the plain?
9. In what way are angels similar to humans?
10. Why does Adam also decide to eat the fruit?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)