|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does God say his Son will be?
(a) Savior and Light
(b) Judge and Redeemer
(c) Man and Redeemer
(d) Judge and Savior
2. To what tree does the serpent lead Eve?
(a) The tree of fun
(b) The tree of love
(c) The tree of knowledge
(d) The tree of sin
3. What will God curse to gain revenge on the tyrant and his followers?
(a) Their tongues
(b) Their joints
(c) Their bowels
(d) Their looks
4. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
(a) The reader may lose interest.
(b) The story is about to end.
(c) The story is about to become a melodrama.
(d) The story is to become a tragedy.
5. What is God's final creation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Adam give for hiding?
2. Where do Moses and Aaron find their new nation?
3. What does Adam reluctantly agree for Eve to do?
4. How does the serpent claim he gained the gift of speech?
5. With what is Michael to guard paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam see in the field?
2. Why does Adam want Eve to stay with him?
3. In what way are angels similar to humans?
4. What will happen when a tyrant rises?
5. How will Jesus save mankind?
6. What has Adam learned from his experience?
7. In what way does Raphael say woman is inferior to man?
8. Why does Adam still feel hope?
9. How does the serpent explain his human speech?
10. Why does God not stop Satan from destroying paradise?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)