|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose assistance does the narrator ask for in the retelling of the story?
(a) The Heavenly Muse
2. How many days did it take for Satan to finally speak to Beezlebub?
(a) Nine days
(b) Eleven days
(c) Fiifteen days
(d) Two days
3. In what form do Gabriel and Uriel find Satan?
(a) A serpent-like form
(b) A toad-like form
(c) A lizard-like form
(d) A frog-like form
4. The tree of life is next to ___________.
(a) The tree with a good view
(b) The tree of knowledge
(c) The tree of hate
(d) The tree of love
5. What does God say is more difficult to bear than violence?
(a) Satan's humor
(b) Satan's lies and deceit
(c) Satan's reproach and derision
(d) Satan's physical appearance
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the angel next to the tree of knowledge tempt Eve to eat?
2. Where do the spirits fight battles?
3. Into what tree does Satan fly?
4. What does Michael cause Satan to experience for the first time?
5. To where do Satan and Beelzebub fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will the Son of God be rewarded for making himself a sacrifice?
2. Why has God chosen knowledge as the forbidden fruit?
3. Why would machines be a good idea in Satan's fight against God?
4. Of what does Raphael remind Adam and Eve?
5. Why must Adam and Eve be able to choose their own fate?
6. How does Satan think they can defeat God?
7. Describe the doubts that Satan has in Book 4.
8. Why does Satan think it is best to stay in Hell?
9. Why will man's fall be the fault of man?
10. How can the Son of God defeat evil?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)