|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what new race does Beelzebub speak?
2. In what form do Gabriel and Uriel find Satan?
(a) A lizard-like form
(b) A toad-like form
(c) A serpent-like form
(d) A frog-like form
3. What can the spirits not find in hell?
(a) A place to enjoy one self
(b) A place to rest
(d) A place to build houses
4. Whose assistance does the narrator ask for in the retelling of the story?
(a) The Heavenly Muse
5. What happens to Satan's face when he speaks to Uriel?
(a) It changes appearance.
(b) It turns pale.
(c) It convulses.
(d) It contorts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Adam and Eve meet Raphael?
2. For what does Satan say he is fighting?
3. Man be saved by _______.
4. Who is the only person who can detect hypocrisy?
5. What do Adam and Eve have to do to dwell in heaven and paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the doubts that Satan has in Book 4.
2. How does Satan raise his followers from the Lake of Fire?
3. Why does Satan choose Eve as his victim?
4. How does Satan motivate his troops in Book 6?
5. Why has God chosen knowledge as the forbidden fruit?
6. How did Satan rebel against God?
7. What does Moloch advise?
8. In what does Hell have an advantage over Heaven?
9. Why would machines be a good idea in Satan's fight against God?
10. Describe Eve's bad dream in Book 5.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)