|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raphael say Satan now envies?
2. How is Sin related to Satan?
(a) His cousin
(b) His niece
(c) His daughter
(d) His mother
3. What advantage does Satan have in hell?
4. What does Satan say hypocrisy is?
(a) The invisible evil
(b) The bain of mankind
(c) The lowest form of evil
(d) God's weakness
5. What does God say is more difficult to bear than violence?
(a) Satan's physical appearance
(b) Satan's lies and deceit
(c) Satan's reproach and derision
(d) Satan's humor
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one of Satan's followers who disagrees?
2. Which two characters fight in this chapter?
3. Whose assistance does the narrator ask for in the retelling of the story?
4. What does Satan say is the only thing that Heaven has?
5. What is the name of Satan's palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what does Hell have an advantage over Heaven?
2. Why must Adam and Eve be able to choose their own fate?
3. Why does God congratulate the returning Abdiel?
4. How does Satan raise his followers from the Lake of Fire?
5. How can the Son of God defeat evil?
6. How do you think Satan has attracted followers onto his side?
7. What is Satan's role in Paradise Lost?
8. How does Uriel recognize Satan as an evil spirit?
9. What does Belial argue?
10. Of what does Raphael remind Adam and Eve?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)