|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the spirits not find in hell?
(a) A place to enjoy one self
(c) A place to rest
(d) A place to build houses
2. What does Michael cause Satan to experience for the first time?
3. Whose assistance does the narrator ask for in the retelling of the story?
(c) The Heavenly Muse
4. Who volunteers to be the sacrifice?
(c) The Son of God
5. What advantage does Satan have in hell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abdiel travel back to after leaving Satan?
2. About what new race does Beelzebub speak?
3. How do Adam and Eve begin the day?
4. What resources do Satan and his followers possess to make the machines?
5. Where do Adam and Eve meet Raphael?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the knowledge of information different from the knowledge of experience?
2. How does Satan raise his followers from the Lake of Fire?
3. How did Satan rebel against God?
4. Why can Satan not be redeemed?
5. How does Satan motivate his troops in Book 6?
6. In what does Hell have an advantage over Heaven?
7. How does Satan think they can defeat God?
8. What theme does the Son of God's sacrifice introduce?
9. What is Satan's role in Paradise Lost?
10. Describe Eve's bad dream in Book 5.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)