|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Satan and Beelzebub fly?
(a) The shore
(b) A jungle
(d) An islet
2. What does God say is more difficult to bear than violence?
(a) Satan's reproach and derision
(b) Satan's physical appearance
(c) Satan's lies and deceit
(d) Satan's humor
3. What is Raphael's natural shape?
(a) A one-winged bat
(b) A two-legged caterpillar
(c) A four-winged butterfly
(d) A six-winged seraph
4. What instrument signals the start of the war?
(a) A trumpet
(b) A triangle
(c) A harp
(d) A drum
5. Eating from the tree of knowledge would make Adam and Eve equal to ____________.
(a) The angels
(b) The gods
(d) The animals
Short Answer Questions
1. How many banners do the fallen angels raise?
2. Who leads the building of Satan's palace?
3. What has God limited so the armies cannot cause too much destruction?
4. What do the spirits battles cause?
5. Where do the spirits fight battles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Uriel recognize Satan as an evil spirit?
2. How will the Son of God be rewarded for making himself a sacrifice?
3. In what does Hell have an advantage over Heaven?
4. How do the spirits of Hell amuse themselves while Satan is away?
5. Describe the doubts that Satan has in Book 4.
6. What does Moloch advise?
7. Why will man's fall be the fault of man?
8. For what is Satan's battle with God a metaphor?
9. What theme does the Son of God's sacrifice introduce?
10. How does Adam comfort Eve when she worries about her dream?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)