|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Satan decide to stay in hell?
(a) So he he has a place to invite the fallen angels
(b) So he can relax
(c) So he can reign as master
(d) So he can make evil plans undisturbed
2. What argument does Satan set before his followers?
(a) That life in the north was better
(b) What is good for God is not the same for everyone else
(c) The ruler of heaven should be voted in
(d) That God had no right to set His Son above them
3. Who leads the building of Satan's palace?
4. Where does Satan set up a new kingdom?
(a) In the west
(b) In the east
(c) In the north
(d) In the south
5. Who already lives in Paradise?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what new race does Beelzebub speak?
2. How do Adam and Eve begin the day?
3. Who volunteers to be the sacrifice?
4. Eating from the tree of knowledge would make Adam and Eve equal to ____________.
5. What does God feel when he looks down on Adam and Eve in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beezlebub advise?
2. How does Satan raise his followers from the Lake of Fire?
3. Why would machines be a good idea in Satan's fight against God?
4. How does Satan think they can defeat God?
5. Why does Satan think it is best to stay in Hell?
6. How does Satan get past Uriel?
7. What will happen on the third day of the fight?
8. What theme do Satan's doubts introduce to the poem?
9. Describe the doubts that Satan has in Book 4.
10. Describe Eve's bad dream in Book 5.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)