|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Adam and Eve have to do to dwell in heaven and paradise?
(a) Worship God everyday
(b) Remain obedient
(c) Do the gardening
(d) Remain virgins
2. What argument does Satan set before his followers?
(a) The ruler of heaven should be voted in
(b) That God had no right to set His Son above them
(c) What is good for God is not the same for everyone else
(d) That life in the north was better
3. What is the name of the male creature?
4. In what is Sin's lower half covered?
5. Whose fault will it be if Satan sends Adam and Eve to Hell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what tree does Satan fly?
2. What two people does Satan see in the garden?
3. In what form do Gabriel and Uriel find Satan?
4. How is Satan turned back to his original form?
5. What does Satan change himself into when Uriel approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the spirits of Hell amuse themselves while Satan is away?
2. Why can Satan not be redeemed?
3. What will happen on the third day of the fight?
4. What theme does the Son of God's sacrifice introduce?
5. Why would machines be a good idea in Satan's fight against God?
6. Of what does Raphael remind Adam and Eve?
7. What is Satan's role in Paradise Lost?
8. What theme do Satan's doubts introduce to the poem?
9. How do you think Satan has attracted followers onto his side?
10. What does Mammon suggest?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)