|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the female monster?
2. Why does Satan decide to stay in hell?
(a) So he can make evil plans undisturbed
(b) So he he has a place to invite the fallen angels
(c) So he can relax
(d) So he can reign as master
3. The spirits sing about _________.
(c) Heaven's destruction
(d) Their fate
4. Abdiel say the ruler should be chosen by _________.
(a) Wisest of men
(c) The angels
5. Where does Satan set up a new kingdom?
(a) In the west
(b) In the north
(c) In the east
(d) In the south
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raphael say Satan now envies?
2. Why does Satan rebel against God?
3. The tree of life is next to ___________.
4. Which two angels are sent to lead God's army?
5. What is the story meant to explore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has God chosen knowledge as the forbidden fruit?
2. What does Moloch advise?
3. Why can Satan not be redeemed?
4. How do the spirits of Hell amuse themselves while Satan is away?
5. What theme do Satan's doubts introduce to the poem?
6. How does Satan raise his followers from the Lake of Fire?
7. What do you think the Creation story illustrates about good and evil?
8. Why did God create another world?
9. What argument does Abdiel present to Satan?
10. How do the angels comfort Adam?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)