|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Satan's face when he speaks to Uriel?
(a) It convulses.
(b) It turns pale.
(c) It contorts.
(d) It changes appearance.
2. What does Adam promise never to forget?
(a) Raphael's story
(b) His responsibilty to mankind
(c) That he owes God a favor
(d) His love and obedience to God
3. What kind of war does Moloch advise?
(a) A bloody war
(b) Covert war
(c) Open war
(d) Closed war
4. What stops Satan from speaking?
(a) A sore throat
(b) The noise of the crowd
(c) His tears
(d) God's voice
5. What does Satan say they can use against heaven instead of violence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moloch suggest an open war?
2. What is the the Son of God's real name?
3. God sends Raphael to remind him of _____________.
4. Into whose ear does Satan whisper?
5. Who is the only person who can detect hypocrisy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Satan troubled with as he comes down from the sky?
2. Why can Satan not be redeemed?
3. Why will man's fall be the fault of man?
4. How do the spirits of Hell amuse themselves while Satan is away?
5. Describe the doubts that Satan has in Book 4.
6. In what does Hell have an advantage over Heaven?
7. Of what does Raphael remind Adam and Eve?
8. What does Moloch advise?
9. Describe Eve's bad dream in Book 5.
10. How does Satan think they can defeat God?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)