|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Michael say men's woes come?
(b) His own weakness
2. What will man be cursed with if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
(b) Sin and death
(d) Love and understanding
3. What two people does Adam see in a field?
(a) Two lovers
(b) A reaper and a shepherd
(c) A father and a child
(d) A blacksmith and a shepherd
4. How do Satan's followers respond to his victory?
(a) By booing
(b) By hissing
(c) By stamping
(d) By holding up hell's flag
5. What time do Adam and Eve agree to meet?
(b) 2 pm
6. Whose help does the author go to for to continue the story?
7. What does the good man build in Book 11?
(a) An ark
(b) A lake
(c) A statue
(d) A palace
8. How many days does Satan think it will take to destroy Eden?
(a) Three days
(b) One day
(c) Half a day
(d) Two days
9. What is God's final creation?
10. What story does Adam now ask Raphael to tell?
(b) Noah's Ark
(c) God's upbringing
(d) Satan's upbringing
11. What does Adam say he has been comparing at the beginning of Book 8?
(a) Man and woman
(b) The sun and the moon
(c) The earth and the sky
(d) Animals and humans
12. What does Michael say the tyrant and his followers will build?
(a) A city
(b) A palace
(c) A hospital
(d) A tower
13. Which character infects man?
14. After whose image has Eve been fashioned?
(b) The angels
15. What reason does the serpent give for God not allowing Eve to eat from the tree?
(a) It would make her like God.
(b) It would make her happy.
(c) It would make her superior to man.
(d) It would make her higher than God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing Adam asked the animals?
2. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
3. From where does Adam claim men's woes spring?
4. What reason does Adam give for hiding?
5. What is Eve amazed that the serpent can do?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)