|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
(a) Raphael saw the whole thing.
(b) He has spies everywhere.
(c) Satan has been boasting of his victory.
(d) He is all-knowing.
2. On what day does Satan find a way to sneak back to Eden?
(a) The eighth day
(b) The tenth day
(c) The seventh day
(d) The twelveth day
3. What does the Son of God use to draw the circumference of Heaven and Earth?
(a) A silver compass
(b) A golden compass
(c) A golden pencil
(d) A silver pen
4. What will God promise Abraham?
(a) Eternal peace
(b) A beautiful wife
5. How do Satan's followers respond to his victory?
(a) By booing
(b) By stamping
(c) By hissing
(d) By holding up hell's flag
6. Who names the animals?
7. What punishment does God give Adam?
(a) To feel tiredness
(b) To eat bread made form his own labor
(c) To descend into hell
(d) To know evil
8. What two weapons is Michael carrying in Book 11?
(a) An axe and a chain
(b) A sword and a spear
(c) A sword and a shield
(d) An axe and a shield
9. From who will the new nation spring?
10. How does the serpent claim he gained the gift of speech?
(a) By eating the forbidding fruit
(b) By studying hard
(c) By listening to Adam and Eve
(d) By doing as God says
11. What two things does God say his Son will be?
(a) Judge and Savior
(b) Man and Redeemer
(c) Savior and Light
(d) Judge and Redeemer
12. With what does Raphael say the Son of God goes forward?
(d) The Word
13. With what is Michael to guard paradise?
(a) His fire breath
(b) His flaming sword
(c) His electric axe
(d) His army of angels
14. Into what have Satan's followers been transformed?
15. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
(a) The story is to become a tragedy.
(b) The story is about to become a melodrama.
(c) The story is about to end.
(d) The reader may lose interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Satan's followers eat fruit from the trees?
2. Which two brothers are sent to lead their people back to the promised land?
3. What reason does the serpent give for God not allowing Eve to eat from the tree?
4. What does God create on the sixth day?
5. What does the good man build in Book 11?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)