|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Michael say men's woes come?
(c) His own weakness
2. What does Michael say the tyrant and his followers will build?
(a) A city
(b) A hospital
(c) A tower
(d) A palace
3. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
(a) The story is about to end.
(b) The story is about to become a melodrama.
(c) The story is to become a tragedy.
(d) The reader may lose interest.
4. What two people does Adam see in a field?
(a) Two lovers
(b) A reaper and a shepherd
(c) A blacksmith and a shepherd
(d) A father and a child
5. What is God's final creation?
6. What rescues the man from being killed in the war?
(a) A whirlwind
(b) A child
(c) A cloud
(d) A bolt of lightning
7. What creature does Satan choose for his purpose?
(a) An elephant
(b) A serpent
(c) A hedgehog
(d) A tiger
8. Which two brothers are sent to lead their people back to the promised land?
(a) Cain and Abel
(b) David and Jonah
(c) Moses and Aaron
(d) Joseph and Daniel
9. Why is woman inferior to man?
(a) She is made from a rib.
(b) She cannot speak.
(c) She is a simpler creature.
(d) She bears less resemblance to God.
10. What does God say on the first day?
(a) Accept my son
(b) Let there be light
(c) Let the fishes swim and the animals crawl
(d) Let there be day
11. What does Adam realize is the highest victory?
(a) Defeating Satan
(b) Fallin gin love
(c) Getting back to paradise
(d) Suffering for truth's sake
12. From whom does Eve prefer to learn?
(a) The angels
(c) Mother Nature
13. What punishment does God give Adam?
(a) To descend into hell
(b) To eat bread made form his own labor
(c) To know evil
(d) To feel tiredness
14. What will proclaim the savior's coming?
(a) A star
(b) A prophet
(c) A storm
(d) A faceless voice
15. What punishment does God give Eve?
(a) A constant headache
(b) The loss of her beauty
(c) Pain in childbirth
(d) The inability to love
Short Answer Questions
1. After whose image has Eve been fashioned?
2. What three things does God create on the fifth day?
3. Whose help does the author go to for to continue the story?
4. What reason does the serpent give for God not allowing Eve to eat from the tree?
5. What is happening to the people in the lazar-house?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)