|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is woman inferior to man?
(a) She is made from a rib.
(b) She cannot speak.
(c) She bears less resemblance to God.
(d) She is a simpler creature.
2. What does Eve leave to do at the beginning of Book 8?
(a) Collect some fruit
(b) Kill some serpents
(c) Meet Satan
(d) Tend to the plants
3. What punishment does God give Eve?
(a) A constant headache
(b) Pain in childbirth
(c) The loss of her beauty
(d) The inability to love
4. What is Eve amazed that the serpent can do?
(b) Climb the tree
(d) Recognize human beauty
5. From where does Adam claim men's woes spring?
6. What does the Son of God use to draw the circumference of Heaven and Earth?
(a) A silver pen
(b) A golden compass
(c) A golden pencil
(d) A silver compass
7. What does God create on the fifth day?
(a) The moon, the stars and the sun
(b) The clouds and the sky
(c) The sea and the land
8. What does Michael say will eventually happen to the church?
(a) It will destroy itself.
(b) It will no longer be needed.
(c) It will take over the world.
(d) It will be corrupted by power.
9. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
(a) To be all seeing
(b) To be live above man
(c) To gain lasting fame
(d) To climb to heaven
10. What does Adam reluctantly agree for Eve to do?
(a) Sleep an extra hour
(b) Talk to Satan
(c) Work alone
(d) Wear clothes
11. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
(a) The story is about to end.
(b) The story is to become a tragedy.
(c) The reader may lose interest.
(d) The story is about to become a melodrama.
12. Why did God send Raphael to Hell while he created earth?
(a) To punish him
(b) To make sure no one escaped
(c) To hold talks with Satan
(d) To find himself a wife
13. What story does Adam now ask Raphael to tell?
(a) Satan's upbringing
(b) Noah's Ark
(c) God's upbringing
14. What does the reaper use to beat the shepherd to death?
(a) A stick
(b) His own fists
(c) An scyth
(d) A stone
15. What does Adam remind Eve in Book 9?
(a) God has given them free will.
(b) She is the most beautiful woman in the world.
(c) She is inferior to him.
(d) She has to go shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Satan find a way to sneak back to Eden?
2. What reason does Adam give for hiding?
3. What does the angel tell Adam a woman should never be allowed to do?
4. To what tree does the serpent lead Eve?
5. From who will the new nation spring?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)