|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will man be cursed with if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
(a) Love and understanding
(b) Sin and death
2. What does Eve think is the source of life?
(b) The rain
(c) Her womb
3. Into what have Satan's followers been transformed?
4. On what day does Satan find a way to sneak back to Eden?
(a) The twelveth day
(b) The eighth day
(c) The seventh day
(d) The tenth day
5. What does Adam realize is the highest victory?
(a) Defeating Satan
(b) Suffering for truth's sake
(c) Fallin gin love
(d) Getting back to paradise
6. What does Adam remind Eve in Book 9?
(a) God has given them free will.
(b) She has to go shopping.
(c) She is inferior to him.
(d) She is the most beautiful woman in the world.
7. What punishment does God give Adam?
(a) To feel tiredness
(b) To descend into hell
(c) To know evil
(d) To eat bread made form his own labor
8. What will God curse to gain revenge on the tyrant and his followers?
(a) Their looks
(b) Their bowels
(c) Their joints
(d) Their tongues
9. To what tree does the serpent lead Eve?
(a) The tree of knowledge
(b) The tree of sin
(c) The tree of love
(d) The tree of fun
10. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
(a) Raphael saw the whole thing.
(b) He has spies everywhere.
(c) He is all-knowing.
(d) Satan has been boasting of his victory.
11. What does the Son of God use to draw the circumference of Heaven and Earth?
(a) A silver pen
(b) A golden compass
(c) A silver compass
(d) A golden pencil
12. Who does Adam blame for eating the forbidden fruit?
(c) The serpent
13. What does God say on the first day?
(a) Accept my son
(b) Let there be light
(c) Let the fishes swim and the animals crawl
(d) Let there be day
14. Whose help does the author go to for to continue the story?
15. Where do Moses and Aaron find their new nation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God do on the seventh day?
2. From whom does Eve prefer to learn?
3. After whose image has Eve been fashioned?
4. By whom has the poet been inspired?
5. How are the reaper and the shepherd related to Adam?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)