|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael say the tyrant will build a tower?
(a) To climb to heaven
(b) To gain lasting fame
(c) To be live above man
(d) To be all seeing
2. What does Michael say the tyrant and his followers will build?
(a) A palace
(b) A hospital
(c) A city
(d) A tower
3. What does the reaper use to beat the shepherd to death?
(a) His own fists
(b) An scyth
(c) A stick
(d) A stone
4. What is happening to the people in the lazar-house?
(a) They are being tortured.
(b) They are talking in different tongues.
(c) They are giving birth.
(d) They are dying of terrible diseases.
5. What three things does God create on the fifth day?
(a) Reptiles, fish and birds
(b) Man, woman and animal
(c) Flowers, plants and trees
(d) Birds, bees and trees
6. What two people does Adam see in a field?
(a) A blacksmith and a shepherd
(b) A reaper and a shepherd
(c) A father and a child
(d) Two lovers
7. Over what do Sin and Death build a bridge?
(b) Pandora's box
8. What does God say on the first day?
(a) Accept my son
(b) Let there be day
(c) Let there be light
(d) Let the fishes swim and the animals crawl
9. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
(a) Satan has been boasting of his victory.
(b) He is all-knowing.
(c) Raphael saw the whole thing.
(d) He has spies everywhere.
10. What time do Adam and Eve agree to meet?
(a) 2 pm
11. What story does Adam now ask Raphael to tell?
(a) Satan's upbringing
(b) Noah's Ark
(d) God's upbringing
12. What will God curse to gain revenge on the tyrant and his followers?
(a) Their looks
(b) Their joints
(c) Their tongues
(d) Their bowels
13. What will proclaim the savior's coming?
(a) A storm
(b) A faceless voice
(c) A prophet
(d) A star
14. What does Adam remind Eve in Book 9?
(a) God has given them free will.
(b) She has to go shopping.
(c) She is the most beautiful woman in the world.
(d) She is inferior to him.
15. Why is woman inferior to man?
(a) She bears less resemblance to God.
(b) She is made from a rib.
(c) She is a simpler creature.
(d) She cannot speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does God order to drive man out of paradise?
2. How do Satan's followers respond to his victory?
3. What two things does God say his Son will be?
4. From who will the new nation spring?
5. Where did God send Raphael while he created earth?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)