|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did God send Raphael to Hell while he created earth?
(a) To punish him
(b) To hold talks with Satan
(c) To make sure no one escaped
(d) To find himself a wife
2. What will man be cursed with if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
(a) Love and understanding
(c) Sin and death
3. With what does Raphael say the Son of God goes forward?
(a) The Word
4. What will Jesus' sacrifice defeat?
(b) The Romans
(d) Sin and Death
5. Whose help does the author go to for to continue the story?
6. What reason does Adam give for hiding?
(a) He has disobeyed God.
(b) His nakedness made him ashamed.
(c) He was keeping away from Eve.
(d) He wanted to see how all knowing God was.
7. What punishment does God give Adam?
(a) To feel tiredness
(b) To descend into hell
(c) To know evil
(d) To eat bread made form his own labor
8. Where did God send Raphael while he created earth?
(d) The Moon
9. What does God say will happen to Adam if he eats from the tree of knowledge?
(a) He will lose his looks.
(b) He will die
(c) He will grow lazy and stupid.
(d) He will spend eternity alone.
10. What three things does God create on the fifth day?
(a) Birds, bees and trees
(b) Reptiles, fish and birds
(c) Man, woman and animal
(d) Flowers, plants and trees
11. What punishment does God give Eve?
(a) Pain in childbirth
(b) A constant headache
(c) The inability to love
(d) The loss of her beauty
12. Which two brothers are sent to lead their people back to the promised land?
(a) Cain and Abel
(b) Moses and Aaron
(c) David and Jonah
(d) Joseph and Daniel
13. What was the first thing Adam asked the animals?
(a) If they were any women on earth
(b) Why he was there
(c) Who his maker was
(d) Where he could get good food
14. From where does Michael say men's woes come?
(d) His own weakness
15. By whom has the poet been inspired?
(a) The Son of God
(b) The goddess
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Satan's followers eat fruit from the trees?
2. What does the good man build in Book 11?
3. What does Michael say will eventually happen to the church?
4. Over what do Sin and Death build a bridge?
5. What does the Son of God use to draw the circumference of Heaven and Earth?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)