|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Adam give for hiding?
(a) He has disobeyed God.
(b) He wanted to see how all knowing God was.
(c) He was keeping away from Eve.
(d) His nakedness made him ashamed.
2. Over what do Sin and Death build a bridge?
(c) Pandora's box
3. What was the first thing Adam asked the animals?
(a) Why he was there
(b) If they were any women on earth
(c) Who his maker was
(d) Where he could get good food
4. Where did God send Raphael while he created earth?
(c) The Moon
5. How does God know what has happened on Eden?
(a) He is all-knowing.
(b) He has spies everywhere.
(c) Satan has been boasting of his victory.
(d) Raphael saw the whole thing.
6. What does Adam remind Eve in Book 9?
(a) She is the most beautiful woman in the world.
(b) She is inferior to him.
(c) God has given them free will.
(d) She has to go shopping.
7. From where does Adam claim men's woes spring?
8. What happens when Satan's followers eat fruit from the trees?
(a) The fruit turn into frogs.
(b) The fruit becomes dust.
(c) The fruit bites them back.
(d) The fruit disappears.
9. What two weapons is Michael carrying in Book 11?
(a) An axe and a shield
(b) An axe and a chain
(c) A sword and a shield
(d) A sword and a spear
10. How does the serpent claim he gained the gift of speech?
(a) By doing as God says
(b) By studying hard
(c) By eating the forbidding fruit
(d) By listening to Adam and Eve
11. To what tree does the serpent lead Eve?
(a) The tree of love
(b) The tree of fun
(c) The tree of sin
(d) The tree of knowledge
12. What will proclaim the savior's coming?
(a) A star
(b) A faceless voice
(c) A prophet
(d) A storm
13. Whose help does the author go to for to continue the story?
14. By whom has the poet been inspired?
(b) The Son of God
(c) The goddess
15. What does the poet warn the reader at the beginning of Book 9?
(a) The reader may lose interest.
(b) The story is about to end.
(c) The story is about to become a melodrama.
(d) The story is to become a tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does God give Adam?
2. What does the angel tell Adam a woman should never be allowed to do?
3. What does Michael say will eventually happen to the church?
4. What does the reaper use to beat the shepherd to death?
5. What story does Adam now ask Raphael to tell?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)