|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose assistance does the narrator ask for in the retelling of the story?
(b) The Heavenly Muse
2. What does Michael cause Satan to experience for the first time?
3. What is the name of Satan's second in command?
(c) The Muse
4. Where is Satan imprisoned?
(c) The moon
5. The spirits sing about _________.
(b) Heaven's destruction
(d) Their fate
6. What does man have that allows him to make a decision between good and evil?
(a) A brain
(b) Free will
(c) A soul
7. What is the name of the female monster?
8. What does Satan say they can use against heaven instead of violence?
9. Why does Satan decide to stay in hell?
(a) So he he has a place to invite the fallen angels
(b) So he can make evil plans undisturbed
(c) So he can reign as master
(d) So he can relax
10. Who stands beside God?
(c) His son
11. What does God say is more difficult to bear than violence?
(a) Satan's reproach and derision
(b) Satan's physical appearance
(c) Satan's humor
(d) Satan's lies and deceit
12. What is the the Son of God's real name?
13. Who is the only person who can detect hypocrisy?
14. What has God limited so the armies cannot cause too much destruction?
(a) The armies' power and numbers
(b) The space in which they can fight
(c) Food and water
(d) Crowd participation
15. Who guards the gates of hell?
(a) Gabriel and Michael
(d) A male and female monster
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Uriel direct Satan?
2. Where does Satan set up a new kingdom?
3. Who is the last fallen angel to stand at the meeting?
4. What do the spirits find in Hell when they explore?
5. What happens to Satan's face when he speaks to Uriel?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)