Choose one of the characters from the poem.
1) What is the character's background.
2) What are the character's motivation and goals?
3) What do you think the character adds to the story? How would the poem change if the character were taken away?
Examine blank verse.
1) What do you think blank verse expresses that other forms of poetry do not? How different would Paradise Lost be if it were written in lyrical form?
2) What kind of poets from the past and present have used blank verse? Why do you think though chose blank verse to express their ideas?
Using examples to support your argument, discuss the following statement: "Milton's poem is not too close to the Bible story to express anything that is different."
Paradise Lost is written in the third person. Why do you think Milton chose to write the poem in the third person? How do you think...
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)