|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the story Jamie tells Claire, what did he call his father the last time he received a beating?
2. Which boy does Jamie accept as a helper with the horses?
(a) Rabbie MacNab.
(b) Mrs. Crook's son.
(c) Alex MacGregor.
(d) Young Jamie.
3. In what year was Jamie's house built?
4. What book does Claire read to try to ease the pain of having heard Jamie's story in Part 7, Chapter 39?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Bible.
5. When does Jenny rejoin the family's goings-on after giving birth?
(a) Two months later.
(b) A week later.
(c) The next day.
(d) Three days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jenny blame for what happened to Jamie and to their father at the hands of Captain Randall?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 33, whom does Jenny find to replace her on the hunt for Jamie?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 28, Jamie mentions that which holiday is coming up?
4. Where did the English take Jamie?
5. As the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 41 mentions, where does Claire think she and Jamie might go after he heals?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jenny, why do men make love to women?
2. What does Claire want Father Anselm to do for her, and how does he react?
3. Where does Jamie want to go when he mentions his plans to leave Lallybroch on an errand in Part 5, Chapter 28, and why?
4. In Part 6, Chapter 34, why is Murtagh carrying Claire's medicine box?
5. How does Claire react when she feels the baby moving in Jenny's belly?
6. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
7. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
8. Why does Jamie feel so dirty and unable to touch Claire?
9. Describe the Redcoat Claire chases in Part 7, Chapter 37.
10. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)