|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire use to break the lock on the chains that bind Jamie?
(a) A wooden plank.
(b) A knife.
(c) A mallet.
(d) An axe.
2. According to Murtagh's story in Part 7, Chapter 36, who once killed a boar with a dagger?
3. When Claire goes to check on Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 40, who has been taking care of him?
(a) Abbot Alexander.
(b) Brother Roger.
(c) Brother Ambrose.
(d) Brother Polydore.
4. Claire realizes that any other doctor of the day would have fixed Jamie's hand by which method?
(a) Salve and balm.
(b) Transplanting toes.
(c) A plaster cast.
5. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 32?
(a) Making beeswax candles.
(b) Harvesting corydalis tubers.
(c) Weeding her asparagus patch.
(d) Grinding medicines with her mortar and pestle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jamie and Ian do while Jenny is in labor?
2. What does Claire kill while she is escaping Wentworth Prison?
3. Which boy does Jamie accept as a helper with the horses?
4. At the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 36, Claire notes that her rescuer is wearing what?
5. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)