|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
(c) Mo duinne.
2. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 32?
(a) Grinding medicines with her mortar and pestle.
(b) Weeding her asparagus patch.
(c) Harvesting corydalis tubers.
(d) Making beeswax candles.
3. At the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 36, Claire notes that her rescuer is wearing what?
(a) A toupee.
(b) A long sword.
(c) A bearskin coat.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
4. What is the name of the man who owns the estate to which Claire is taken in Part 7, Chapter 36?
5. At the end of Part 5, Chapter 30, what word does Jamie use to describe how he feels after having drunk with Ian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the English take Jamie?
2. According to the story Jamie tells Claire, what did he call his father the last time he received a beating?
3. According to Jamie's story to Claire, what did Randall give him to drink when he returned after having freed Claire from Wentworth Prison?
4. Who helps Claire choose good medicinal herbs in Part 5, Chapter 28?
5. What does Claire do when she visits the tenants' cottages?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)