|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Franciscan priest with whom Claire strikes up a friendship?
(a) Father Augustine.
(b) Father Anselm.
(c) Father Thomas.
(d) Father Herbert.
2. What is the name of MacRannoch's wife?
(b) Lady Annabelle.
(c) Lady Esmeralda.
3. In Part 5, Chapter 33, who announces that the English have captured Jamie?
(a) Ronald MacNab.
4. What does Claire do when she visits the tenants' cottages?
(a) Takes them food and medicine.
(b) Collects rent.
(d) Counts their livestock for a census.
5. As the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 41 mentions, where does Claire think she and Jamie might go after he heals?
(d) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress does Claire wear for the holiday events?
2. How many daughters does Dougal have?
3. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
4. At the end of Part 5, Chapter 30, what word does Jamie use to describe how he feels after having drunk with Ian?
5. What is the name of the person Jenny ties to a tree in Part 5, Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Claire first finds Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 35, why does he look so haggard despite apparently not having been beaten?
2. Why is Jamie glad that Claire is barren?
3. As Jamie tells Claire in Part 7, Chapter 41, why did he ask her to let him die in the immediate aftermath of his escape from Wentworth Prison?
4. Why does Jamie feel so dirty and unable to touch Claire?
5. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
6. According to Jenny, why do men make love to women?
7. According to the man whom Jenny questions, how did Jamie escape the Watch?
8. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
9. What does the Franciscan priest teach Claire to do during the night when she is not sleeping?
10. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)