|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the English take Jamie?
(b) Wentworth Prison.
(c) Fort William.
2. What does Jenny want to name the baby if it is a girl?
3. According to Murtagh's story in Part 7, Chapter 36, who once killed a boar with a dagger?
4. Of what is the dress made that Jenny is wearing in Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) Blue silk.
(b) White linen.
(c) Red wool.
(d) Yellow cotton.
5. Claire realizes that any other doctor of the day would have fixed Jamie's hand by which method?
(b) Salve and balm.
(c) A plaster cast.
(d) Transplanting toes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scent that bothers Jamie so much in Part 7, Chapter 38?
2. What is the name of MacRannoch's wife?
3. Who remains in the room with Jamie and Claire when Jenny and Ian go to bed in Part 5, Chapter 30?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 32, what is Claire cooking for dessert?
5. At the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 36, Claire notes that her rescuer is wearing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire want Father Anselm to do for her, and how does he react?
2. When Claire meets the Franciscan priest in Part 7, Chapter 38, where is the priest going?
3. Describe Jamie's home.
4. In Part 6, Chapter 34, why is Murtagh carrying Claire's medicine box?
5. Why did the Watch not kill Ian when they captured Jamie?
6. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
7. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
8. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
9. How does Claire react when she feels the baby moving in Jenny's belly?
10. What does the Franciscan priest teach Claire to do during the night when she is not sleeping?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)