|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, Chapter 34, where do Claire and Murtagh think Jamie is going?
(d) Castle Leoch.
2. At the end of Part 5, Chapter 30, what word does Jamie use to describe how he feels after having drunk with Ian?
3. After Claire leaves Wentworth Prison in Part 7, Chapter 35, what does Rupert offer her to make her feel better?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 32, what is Claire cooking for dessert?
(b) Cherry cobbler.
(c) Brose pudding.
5. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
(b) Mo duinne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of ointment does Claire use to help Jamie's back heal in Part 7, Chapter 40?
2. What does Claire drink when she wakes up in Part 7, Chapter 40?
3. Who told Jamie that Claire is barren?
4. Which monk tends the abbey's greenhouse expertly, including watching over the growth of medicinal herbs?
5. When Claire wakes up in Part 7, Chapter 40, Father Anselm tells her that she has been asleep for how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the man whom Jenny questions, how did Jamie escape the Watch?
2. What does Claire want Father Anselm to do for her, and how does he react?
3. How does Claire react when she feels the baby moving in Jenny's belly?
4. When Claire goes to sees Jamie in the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 39, Murtagh stops her before she gets to the door and tells her what?
5. In Part 7, Chapter 40, when Jamie continues his story of what happened between Captain Randall and him, what does he say Randall wanted?
6. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
7. When Claire meets the Franciscan priest in Part 7, Chapter 38, where is the priest going?
8. What does Jamie do with the knife he requests in Part 7, Chapter 36?
9. Describe the Redcoat Claire chases in Part 7, Chapter 37.
10. Why does Jamie carry a dried mole's foot with him at all times?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)