|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the abbey at which Claire, Murtagh, and Jamie arrive in Part 7, Chapter 38?
2. What does Jamie wear under his kilt when he is planning to get in the water and fix the water wheel?
(a) Red flannel shorts.
(b) Riding pants.
(d) Blue silk boxer shorts.
3. If Murtagh, Jamie, and Claire are captured by English soldiers, what is Claire supposed to pretend to be?
(a) A mute.
(c) An English hostage.
(d) A desperately ill woman.
4. Where did the English take Jamie?
(b) Wentworth Prison.
(c) Fort William.
5. What does Jenny want to name the baby if it is a girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scent that bothers Jamie so much in Part 7, Chapter 38?
2. Of what is the dress made that Jenny is wearing in Part 5, Chapter 27?
3. Whose shirt is Jamie wearing in Part 7, Chapter 37?
4. Which object does the box of Jamie's personal effects, brought by the prison employee in Part 7, Chapter 35, NOT contain?
5. According to Jamie's story to Claire, what did Randall give him to drink when he returned after having freed Claire from Wentworth Prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire react when she feels the baby moving in Jenny's belly?
2. How does Claire break the lock on Jamie's chains?
3. In Part 6, Chapter 34, why is Murtagh carrying Claire's medicine box?
4. How does Claire's companion keep Claire from having to talk to the English soldiers and betray her English accent?
5. What does Jamie do with the knife he requests in Part 7, Chapter 36?
6. When Claire goes to sees Jamie in the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 39, Murtagh stops her before she gets to the door and tells her what?
7. How do Claire and her group get Jamie out of prison?
8. What does the Franciscan priest teach Claire to do during the night when she is not sleeping?
9. Where does Jamie want to go when he mentions his plans to leave Lallybroch on an errand in Part 5, Chapter 28, and why?
10. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)