|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the story Jamie tells Claire, what did he call his father the last time he received a beating?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 33, who announces that the English have captured Jamie?
(d) Ronald MacNab.
3. Where does Claire hide her dagger in Part 7, Chapter 36, just in case she needs to face the English and defend herself and Jamie?
(a) In a sheath on her calf.
(b) In her sleeve.
(c) In her dagger pocket.
(d) Rolled up in the back of her dress.
4. What do Jamie and Ian drink while they discuss business in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Dandelion wine.
(b) Elderberry wine.
(c) Ginger ale.
5. Where does Mrs. Crook do the laundry?
(a) Upstairs in a bathtub.
(b) In a cauldron.
(c) At the local laundromat.
(d) In the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is talking to the Redcoats in Part 7, Chapter 37, where does Murtagh pretend he wants to go?
2. How old was Jamie when his father first beat him as punishment?
3. What do Jamie and Ian do while Jenny is in labor?
4. What does Jenny describe in Part 5, Chapter 30?
5. What color dress does Claire wear for the holiday events?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
2. What does Claire want Father Anselm to do for her, and how does he react?
3. Why did the Watch not kill Ian when they captured Jamie?
4. According to Jenny, why do men make love to women?
5. What does the Franciscan priest teach Claire to do during the night when she is not sleeping?
6. How does Claire break the lock on Jamie's chains?
7. Describe the Redcoat Claire chases in Part 7, Chapter 37.
8. According to the man whom Jenny questions, how did Jamie escape the Watch?
9. How does Claire's companion keep Claire from having to talk to the English soldiers and betray her English accent?
10. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)