|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenny describe in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(c) Learning to swim.
2. In Part 5, Chapter 32, what is Claire cooking for dessert?
(b) Cherry cobbler.
(d) Brose pudding.
3. In Part 5, Chapter 33, who announces that the English have captured Jamie?
(c) Ronald MacNab.
4. What type of fish do the fish pools at the abbey contain?
5. Where did the English take Jamie?
(c) Fort William.
(d) Wentworth Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it at the end of the novel?
2. Which object does the box of Jamie's personal effects, brought by the prison employee in Part 7, Chapter 35, NOT contain?
3. What is the name of the midwife?
4. What does Claire do to the Redcoat she chases in Part 7, Chapter 37?
5. Where is the abbey at which Claire, Murtagh, and Jamie arrive in Part 7, Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire break the lock on Jamie's chains?
2. How do Claire and her group get Jamie out of prison?
3. Why is Jamie glad that Claire is barren?
4. What does Jamie do with the knife he requests in Part 7, Chapter 36?
5. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
6. In Part 6, Chapter 34, why is Murtagh carrying Claire's medicine box?
7. Why does Jamie carry a dried mole's foot with him at all times?
8. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
9. Why did the Watch not kill Ian when they captured Jamie?
10. When Claire meets the Franciscan priest in Part 7, Chapter 38, where is the priest going?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)