|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
(a) Ewan Crook.
(b) Captain Randall.
(d) Sir Fletcher Gordon.
2. Who helps Claire bring down Jamie's fever?
(a) Brother Bartolome.
(b) Brother Polydore.
(c) Brother Ambrose.
(d) Father Anselm.
3. As Jamie relates in Part 7, Chapter 39, when Captain Randall was beginning to torture him, what did Randall do first with the knife?
(a) Nick his ear.
(b) Cut a shallow wound across his chest.
(c) Stab him in the hand.
(d) Cut off his smallest toe.
4. Which boy does Jamie accept as a helper with the horses?
(a) Alex MacGregor.
(b) Young Jamie.
(c) Mrs. Crook's son.
(d) Rabbie MacNab.
5. In Part 5, Chapter 33, whom does Jenny find to replace her on the hunt for Jamie?
(d) Captain Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person Jenny ties to a tree in Part 5, Chapter 33?
2. Who told Jamie that Claire is barren?
3. Where does Jamie take Claire in Part 7, Chapter 41?
4. What does MacRannoch send Jamie to give to Claire?
5. What is the name of the Franciscan priest with whom Claire strikes up a friendship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Claire and her group get Jamie out of prison?
2. Describe Jamie's home.
3. What does Jamie do with the knife he requests in Part 7, Chapter 36?
4. When Claire goes to sees Jamie in the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 39, Murtagh stops her before she gets to the door and tells her what?
5. In Part 7, Chapter 40, when Jamie continues his story of what happened between Captain Randall and him, what does he say Randall wanted?
6. According to Jenny, why do men make love to women?
7. When Claire first finds Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 35, why does he look so haggard despite apparently not having been beaten?
8. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
9. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
10. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)