|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boy does Jamie accept as a helper with the horses?
(a) Young Jamie.
(b) Mrs. Crook's son.
(c) Rabbie MacNab.
(d) Alex MacGregor.
2. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 32?
(a) Making beeswax candles.
(b) Grinding medicines with her mortar and pestle.
(c) Weeding her asparagus patch.
(d) Harvesting corydalis tubers.
3. In what year was Jamie's house built?
4. Who helps Claire bring down Jamie's fever?
(a) Father Anselm.
(b) Brother Ambrose.
(c) Brother Bartolome.
(d) Brother Polydore.
5. Of what religion is Claire?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Ian and Jamie are discussing business in Part 5, Chapter 30, what is Claire doing?
2. Of what is the dress made that Jenny is wearing in Part 5, Chapter 27?
3. When Claire goes to check on Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 40, who has been taking care of him?
4. What is the name of the first girl Jamie kissed?
5. According to Murtagh's story in Part 7, Chapter 36, who once killed a boar with a dagger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
2. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
3. What does Claire want Father Anselm to do for her, and how does he react?
4. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
5. According to the man whom Jenny questions, how did Jamie escape the Watch?
6. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
7. In Part 5, Chapter 27, what is the reason Jamie gives Claire for having married her?
8. When Claire first finds Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 35, why does he look so haggard despite apparently not having been beaten?
9. Describe the Redcoat Claire chases in Part 7, Chapter 37.
10. What does the Franciscan priest teach Claire to do during the night when she is not sleeping?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)