|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jamie relates in Part 7, Chapter 39, when Captain Randall was beginning to torture him, what did Randall do first with the knife?
(a) Cut a shallow wound across his chest.
(b) Cut off his smallest toe.
(c) Nick his ear.
(d) Stab him in the hand.
2. What is the name of MacRannoch's wife?
(c) Lady Annabelle.
(d) Lady Esmeralda.
3. What is the name of the midwife?
(a) Mrs. Fitzgibbons.
(b) Mrs. MacNab.
(c) Mrs. Crook.
(d) Mrs. Martins.
4. Which monk tends the abbey's greenhouse expertly, including watching over the growth of medicinal herbs?
(a) Brother Ambrose.
(b) Abbot Alexander.
(c) Brother Bartolome.
(d) Father Herbert.
5. After Claire leaves Wentworth Prison in Part 7, Chapter 35, what does Rupert offer her to make her feel better?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of ointment does Claire use to help Jamie's back heal in Part 7, Chapter 40?
2. Who helps Claire choose good medicinal herbs in Part 5, Chapter 28?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 28, Jamie mentions that which holiday is coming up?
4. Who helps Claire bring down Jamie's fever?
5. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamie do with the knife he requests in Part 7, Chapter 36?
2. In Part 7, Chapter 40, when Jamie continues his story of what happened between Captain Randall and him, what does he say Randall wanted?
3. According to the man whom Jenny questions, how did Jamie escape the Watch?
4. What does the Franciscan priest teach Claire to do during the night when she is not sleeping?
5. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
6. When Claire first finds Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 35, why does he look so haggard despite apparently not having been beaten?
7. Where does Jamie want to go when he mentions his plans to leave Lallybroch on an errand in Part 5, Chapter 28, and why?
8. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
9. Why does Jamie carry a dried mole's foot with him at all times?
10. When Claire goes to sees Jamie in the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 39, Murtagh stops her before she gets to the door and tells her what?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)