|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose shirt is Jamie wearing in Part 7, Chapter 37?
(a) His own.
2. What is the date scheduled for Jamie's execution?
(a) December 23.
(b) September 30.
(c) November 2.
(d) July 12.
3. At the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 36, Claire notes that her rescuer is wearing what?
(a) A long sword.
(b) A bearskin coat.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A toupee.
4. What group of people do Claire and Murtagh meet near Belladrum in Part 6, Chapter 34?
(a) The Watch.
5. What color dress does Claire wear for the holiday events?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the housekeeper of Lallybroch fix for Murtagh to eat?
2. What does Jamie wear under his kilt when he is planning to get in the water and fix the water wheel?
3. While Murtagh and Claire are looking for Jamie, what does Claire do in addition to tending the sick people they meet?
4. As Part 6, Chapter 34 reveals, who is Hamish Mackenzie's biological father?
5. What is the name of the housekeeper at Jamie's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire's companion keep Claire from having to talk to the English soldiers and betray her English accent?
2. As the reader finds out in Part 7, Chapter 37, why has Jamie been so loath to go to France, much less to America?
3. Why did the Watch not kill Ian when they captured Jamie?
4. In Part 6, Chapter 34, why is Murtagh carrying Claire's medicine box?
5. What does Jamie do with the knife he requests in Part 7, Chapter 36?
6. What does Claire want Father Anselm to do for her, and how does he react?
7. Describe Jamie's home.
8. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
9. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
10. Where does Jamie want to go when he mentions his plans to leave Lallybroch on an errand in Part 5, Chapter 28, and why?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)