|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 7, Chapter 39, what does Jamie hug when he will not touch Claire?
(a) His knees.
(b) A pillow.
(c) His blankets.
(d) Brother Ambrose.
2. How many daughters does Dougal have?
3. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
(a) Ewan Crook.
(b) Captain Randall.
(d) Sir Fletcher Gordon.
4. In Part 5, Chapter 32, what is Claire cooking for dessert?
(a) Brose pudding.
(d) Cherry cobbler.
5. Jamie shows Claire a letter from Abbot Alexander that introduces him to which personage?
(a) Pope Pius X.
(c) King James of Scotland.
(d) Richard the Lionhearted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claire hide her dagger in Part 7, Chapter 36, just in case she needs to face the English and defend herself and Jamie?
2. As Ian relates to Jamie, on what holiday did Jenny and he get married?
3. What does Claire drink when she wakes up in Part 7, Chapter 40?
4. What type of fish do the fish pools at the abbey contain?
5. What does Claire do when she visits the tenants' cottages?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire react when she feels the baby moving in Jenny's belly?
2. Describe Jamie's home.
3. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
4. Why does Jamie carry a dried mole's foot with him at all times?
5. Why does Jenny tell Claire what to name the baby before the baby is born?
6. Why is Jamie glad that Claire is barren?
7. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
8. How do Claire and her group get Jamie out of prison?
9. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
10. Describe the Redcoat Claire chases in Part 7, Chapter 37.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)