|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
(b) Mo duinne.
2. What is the name of the midwife?
(a) Mrs. Martins.
(b) Mrs. Crook.
(c) Mrs. MacNab.
(d) Mrs. Fitzgibbons.
3. What time of year is it at the end of the novel?
(c) Late winter.
4. What is the name of Jamie's home?
(a) Loch Laird.
(c) Loch Ness.
5. What does Claire do when she visits the tenants' cottages?
(b) Takes them food and medicine.
(c) Counts their livestock for a census.
(d) Collects rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny want to name the baby if it is a girl?
2. According to Ian, what direction did the Watch take Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 33?
3. When Claire goes to check on Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 40, who has been taking care of him?
4. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
5. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
2. According to Jenny, why do men make love to women?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 27, what is the reason Jamie gives Claire for having married her?
4. Why does Jamie carry a dried mole's foot with him at all times?
5. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
6. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
7. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
8. How do Claire and her group get Jamie out of prison?
9. In Part 6, Chapter 34, why is Murtagh carrying Claire's medicine box?
10. How does Claire break the lock on Jamie's chains?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)