|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the story Jamie tells Claire, what did he call his father the last time he received a beating?
2. As Jamie tells Claire, what was the name by which Captain Randall called Jamie?
3. Where did the English take Jamie?
(a) Wentworth Prison.
(d) Fort William.
4. What is the date scheduled for Jamie's execution?
(a) November 2.
(b) December 23.
(c) July 12.
(d) September 30.
5. Of what did Captain Randall mostly speak during his torture of Jamie?
(b) Other lovers.
(c) Other prisoners he had tortured.
(d) His past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murtagh force Jamie to drink in order to put him to sleep while they are on the boat?
2. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
3. What does Claire do to the Redcoat she chases in Part 7, Chapter 37?
4. According to Ian, what direction did the Watch take Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 33?
5. Which monk tends Jamie's wounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 6, Chapter 34, why is Murtagh carrying Claire's medicine box?
2. How did the young Alex MacGregor die?
3. Why did the Watch not kill Ian when they captured Jamie?
4. According to the man whom Jenny questions, how did Jamie escape the Watch?
5. In Part 5, Chapter 27, what is the reason Jamie gives Claire for having married her?
6. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
7. When Claire first finds Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 35, why does he look so haggard despite apparently not having been beaten?
8. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
9. When Claire meets the Franciscan priest in Part 7, Chapter 38, where is the priest going?
10. According to Jenny, why do men make love to women?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)