|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 41 mentions, where does Claire think she and Jamie might go after he heals?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. If Murtagh, Jamie, and Claire are captured by English soldiers, what is Claire supposed to pretend to be?
(a) An English hostage.
(b) A desperately ill woman.
(c) A mute.
3. While Murtagh and Claire are looking for Jamie, what does Claire do in addition to tending the sick people they meet?
(a) Cooks community breakfasts.
(b) Hunts medicinal herbs.
(c) Darns socks.
(d) Tells fortunes.
4. What type of fish do the fish pools at the abbey contain?
5. Which boy does Jamie accept as a helper with the horses?
(a) Rabbie MacNab.
(b) Mrs. Crook's son.
(c) Young Jamie.
(d) Alex MacGregor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part 5, Chapter 30, what word does Jamie use to describe how he feels after having drunk with Ian?
2. What does Claire do to the Redcoat she chases in Part 7, Chapter 37?
3. What does Jenny describe in Part 5, Chapter 30?
4. What color dress does Claire wear for the holiday events?
5. What is the date scheduled for Jamie's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamie feel so dirty and unable to touch Claire?
2. According to Jenny, why do men make love to women?
3. How do Claire and her group get Jamie out of prison?
4. How does Claire's companion keep Claire from having to talk to the English soldiers and betray her English accent?
5. Where does Jamie want to go when he mentions his plans to leave Lallybroch on an errand in Part 5, Chapter 28, and why?
6. As the reader finds out in Part 7, Chapter 37, why has Jamie been so loath to go to France, much less to America?
7. Why does Jamie carry a dried mole's foot with him at all times?
8. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
9. Why did the Watch not kill Ian when they captured Jamie?
10. Describe the Redcoat Claire chases in Part 7, Chapter 37.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)