|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Ian and Jamie are discussing business in Part 5, Chapter 30, what is Claire doing?
(a) Washing clothes.
(b) Grinding medicines with a mortar and pestle.
(d) Writing recipes.
2. As the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 41 mentions, where does Claire think she and Jamie might go after he heals?
(a) St. Petersburg.
3. Of what religion is Claire?
4. Where did the English take Jamie?
(b) Fort William.
(c) Wentworth Prison.
5. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
(a) Ewan Crook.
(b) Sir Fletcher Gordon.
(d) Captain Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Claire read to try to ease the pain of having heard Jamie's story in Part 7, Chapter 39?
2. What does the housekeeper of Lallybroch fix for Murtagh to eat?
3. Of what is the dress made that Jenny is wearing in Part 5, Chapter 27?
4. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
5. What does Jamie wear under his kilt when he is planning to get in the water and fix the water wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Jamie tells Claire in Part 7, Chapter 41, why did he ask her to let him die in the immediate aftermath of his escape from Wentworth Prison?
2. What does Claire want Father Anselm to do for her, and how does he react?
3. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
4. Why does Jenny tell Claire what to name the baby before the baby is born?
5. Describe Jamie's home.
6. What does Jamie do with the knife he requests in Part 7, Chapter 36?
7. What does the Franciscan priest teach Claire to do during the night when she is not sleeping?
8. Why does Jamie feel so dirty and unable to touch Claire?
9. Why is Jamie glad that Claire is barren?
10. As the reader finds out in Part 7, Chapter 37, why has Jamie been so loath to go to France, much less to America?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)