|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Claire choose good medicinal herbs in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) Mrs. Fitzgibbons.
(b) Geillis Duncan.
(d) Mrs. MacNab.
2. What does Claire drink when she wakes up in Part 7, Chapter 40?
3. As Jamie tells Claire, what was the name by which Captain Randall called Jamie?
4. Who helps Claire bring down Jamie's fever?
(a) Brother Polydore.
(b) Brother Bartolome.
(c) Father Anselm.
(d) Brother Ambrose.
5. According to Jamie's story to Claire, what did Randall give him to drink when he returned after having freed Claire from Wentworth Prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jamie and Ian do while Jenny is in labor?
2. What does Claire use to break the lock on the chains that bind Jamie?
3. If Murtagh, Jamie, and Claire are captured by English soldiers, what is Claire supposed to pretend to be?
4. As the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 41 mentions, where does Claire think she and Jamie might go after he heals?
5. What is the name of the housekeeper at Jamie's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire want Father Anselm to do for her, and how does he react?
2. Describe Jamie's home.
3. As the reader finds out in Part 7, Chapter 37, why has Jamie been so loath to go to France, much less to America?
4. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
5. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
6. Why is Jamie glad that Claire is barren?
7. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
8. How does Claire react when she feels the baby moving in Jenny's belly?
9. Describe the Redcoat Claire chases in Part 7, Chapter 37.
10. In Part 5, Chapter 27, what is the reason Jamie gives Claire for having married her?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)