|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what did Captain Randall mostly speak during his torture of Jamie?
(b) Other lovers.
(c) His past.
(d) Other prisoners he had tortured.
2. What type of fish do the fish pools at the abbey contain?
3. How long does Jenny say it takes to make beeswax candles, from start to finish?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) A day.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
4. What does Claire do to the Redcoat she chases in Part 7, Chapter 37?
(a) Ties him to a tree.
(b) Threatens him with death.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Confiscates his horse.
5. As Part 6, Chapter 34 reveals, who is Hamish Mackenzie's biological father?
(a) Colum Mackenzie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny want to name the baby if it is a girl?
2. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
3. According to Jamie's story to Claire, what did Randall give him to drink when he returned after having freed Claire from Wentworth Prison?
4. After Claire leaves Wentworth Prison in Part 7, Chapter 35, what does Rupert offer her to make her feel better?
5. How many daughters does Dougal have?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Claire first finds Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 35, why does he look so haggard despite apparently not having been beaten?
2. How do Claire and her group get Jamie out of prison?
3. As the reader finds out in Part 7, Chapter 37, why has Jamie been so loath to go to France, much less to America?
4. When Claire meets the Franciscan priest in Part 7, Chapter 38, where is the priest going?
5. What is Geillis Duncan's message for Claire?
6. In Part 6, Chapter 34, why is Murtagh carrying Claire's medicine box?
7. How does Claire react when she feels the baby moving in Jenny's belly?
8. As Jenny tells the others, what did she do when she realized that Captain Randall was unable to rape her?
9. Describe Jamie's home.
10. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)