|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who was supposed to gather all the cattle before a coming storm?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 33, who announces that the English have captured Jamie?
(b) Ronald MacNab.
3. How many sons does Mrs. MacNab have?
4. Of what religion is Claire?
5. What do Jamie and Ian do while Jenny is in labor?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Smoke cigars.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Tend the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper at Jamie's home?
2. Claire realizes that any other doctor of the day would have fixed Jamie's hand by which method?
3. According to the story Jamie tells Claire, what did he call his father the last time he received a beating?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 33, whom does Jenny find to replace her on the hunt for Jamie?
5. At the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 36, Claire notes that her rescuer is wearing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 7, Chapter 40, when Jamie continues his story of what happened between Captain Randall and him, what does he say Randall wanted?
2. Why does Jamie feel so dirty and unable to touch Claire?
3. As the reader finds out in Part 7, Chapter 37, why has Jamie been so loath to go to France, much less to America?
4. What is the gift that Claire has for Jamie at the end of the novel?
5. Why does Jenny tell Claire what to name the baby before the baby is born?
6. According to the man whom Jenny questions, how did Jamie escape the Watch?
7. What happened when Jamie told his father that corporal punishment was "barbarous"?
8. Why did the Watch not kill Ian when they captured Jamie?
9. According to Jenny, why do men make love to women?
10. How do Claire and her group get Jamie out of prison?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)