|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Murtagh's story in Part 7, Chapter 36, who once killed a boar with a dagger?
2. Of what is the dress made that Jenny is wearing in Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) White linen.
(b) Red wool.
(c) Blue silk.
(d) Yellow cotton.
3. What do Jamie and Ian do while Jenny is in labor?
(a) Smoke cigars.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Tend the fields.
4. What does Jenny do for Jamie at the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 31?
(a) Cooks him breakfast.
(b) Polishes his shoes.
(c) Combs his hair.
(d) Rubs his feet.
5. At the end of Part 5, Chapter 30, what word does Jamie use to describe how he feels after having drunk with Ian?
6. What does the housekeeper of Lallybroch fix for Murtagh to eat?
(a) Vegetable soup.
(b) Fish and chips.
7. When Claire goes to check on Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 40, who has been taking care of him?
(a) Brother Roger.
(b) Brother Polydore.
(c) Abbot Alexander.
(d) Brother Ambrose.
8. In Part 5, Chapter 33, whom does Jenny find to replace her on the hunt for Jamie?
(c) Captain Randall.
9. Jamie shows Claire a letter from Abbot Alexander that introduces him to which personage?
(a) Richard the Lionhearted.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(d) Pope Pius X.
10. What type of ointment does Claire use to help Jamie's back heal in Part 7, Chapter 40?
(a) Marigold salve.
(b) Triple antibiotic ointment.
(c) Dandelion wine.
(d) Bag balm.
11. What does Claire drink when she wakes up in Part 7, Chapter 40?
12. What group of people do Claire and Murtagh meet near Belladrum in Part 6, Chapter 34?
(b) The Watch.
13. While Ian and Jamie are discussing business in Part 5, Chapter 30, what is Claire doing?
(a) Writing recipes.
(b) Washing clothes.
(d) Grinding medicines with a mortar and pestle.
14. What does Claire do to the Redcoat she chases in Part 7, Chapter 37?
(a) Ties him to a tree.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Threatens him with death.
(d) Confiscates his horse.
15. Who helps Claire choose good medicinal herbs in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) Mrs. MacNab.
(b) Mrs. Fitzgibbons.
(d) Geillis Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Murtagh and Claire are looking for Jamie, what does Claire do in addition to tending the sick people they meet?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 27, who offers to gather some apples in the orchard for Jenny?
3. What book does Claire read to try to ease the pain of having heard Jamie's story in Part 7, Chapter 39?
4. What is the name of the housekeeper at Jamie's home?
5. How old was Jamie when his father first beat him as punishment?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)