|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenny want to name the baby if it is a girl?
2. At the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 36, Claire notes that her rescuer is wearing what?
(a) A long sword.
(b) A toupee.
(c) A bearskin coat.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
3. When he is talking to the Redcoats in Part 7, Chapter 37, where does Murtagh pretend he wants to go?
(c) Castle Leoch.
(d) Wentworth Prison.
4. What does Jenny do for Jamie at the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 31?
(a) Combs his hair.
(b) Rubs his feet.
(c) Cooks him breakfast.
(d) Polishes his shoes.
5. After Claire leaves Wentworth Prison in Part 7, Chapter 35, what does Rupert offer her to make her feel better?
6. What do Jamie and Ian do while Jenny is in labor?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Tend the fields.
(c) Smoke cigars.
(d) Get drunk.
7. In what year was Jamie's house built?
8. While Ian and Jamie are discussing business in Part 5, Chapter 30, what is Claire doing?
(a) Writing recipes.
(b) Grinding medicines with a mortar and pestle.
(c) Washing clothes.
9. At the end of Part 5, Chapter 30, what word does Jamie use to describe how he feels after having drunk with Ian?
10. Who remains in the room with Jamie and Claire when Jenny and Ian go to bed in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(c) Mrs. MacNab.
(d) Young Jamie.
11. What is the pet name by which Jamie calls Jenny?
(a) "Broch tuarach."
(b) "Je suis prest."
(c) "Mo cridh."
(d) "Mo duinne."
12. In Part 7, Chapter 39, what does Jamie hug when he will not touch Claire?
(a) Brother Ambrose.
(b) His blankets.
(c) A pillow.
(d) His knees.
13. Where does Claire hide her dagger in Part 7, Chapter 36, just in case she needs to face the English and defend herself and Jamie?
(a) In her dagger pocket.
(b) In her sleeve.
(c) Rolled up in the back of her dress.
(d) In a sheath on her calf.
14. As Jamie tells Claire, what was the name by which Captain Randall called Jamie?
15. What do Jamie and Ian drink while they discuss business in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Ginger ale.
(b) Elderberry wine.
(c) Dandelion wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claire wakes up in Part 7, Chapter 40, Father Anselm tells her that she has been asleep for how long?
2. As Part 6, Chapter 34 reveals, who is Hamish Mackenzie's biological father?
3. If Murtagh, Jamie, and Claire are captured by English soldiers, what is Claire supposed to pretend to be?
4. According to Ian, what direction did the Watch take Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 33?
5. How many daughters does Dougal have?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)