|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remains in the room with Jamie and Claire when Jenny and Ian go to bed in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Young Jamie.
(d) Mrs. MacNab.
2. In what year was Jamie's house built?
3. What do Jamie and Ian drink while they discuss business in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Elderberry wine.
(b) Dandelion wine.
(c) Ginger ale.
4. Which monk tends Jamie's wounds?
(a) Abbot Alexander.
(b) Brother Ambrose.
(c) Brother Francis.
(d) Father Valentine.
5. Of what did Jamie's brother Willie die?
(c) A hunting accident.
6. At the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 36, Claire notes that her rescuer is wearing what?
(a) A long sword.
(b) A bearskin coat.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A toupee.
7. Of what is the dress made that Jenny is wearing in Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) White linen.
(b) Blue silk.
(c) Red wool.
(d) Yellow cotton.
8. Whose shirt is Jamie wearing in Part 7, Chapter 37?
(b) His own.
9. What is the scent that bothers Jamie so much in Part 7, Chapter 38?
10. What time of year is it at the end of the novel?
(d) Late winter.
11. When Claire wakes up in Part 7, Chapter 40, Father Anselm tells her that she has been asleep for how long?
(a) Thirty-six hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Eight hours.
12. What does Claire do when she visits the tenants' cottages?
(a) Takes them food and medicine.
(b) Counts their livestock for a census.
(c) Collects rent.
13. What is the date scheduled for Jamie's execution?
(a) September 30.
(b) November 2.
(c) July 12.
(d) December 23.
14. What is the pet name by which Jamie calls Jenny?
(a) "Broch tuarach."
(b) "Mo duinne."
(c) "Mo cridh."
(d) "Je suis prest."
15. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
(b) Mo duinne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fish do the fish pools at the abbey contain?
2. According to Jamie's story to Claire, what did Randall give him to drink when he returned after having freed Claire from Wentworth Prison?
3. What group of people do Claire and Murtagh meet near Belladrum in Part 6, Chapter 34?
4. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
5. What is the name of the Franciscan priest with whom Claire strikes up a friendship?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)