|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose shirt is Jamie wearing in Part 7, Chapter 37?
(c) His own.
2. When he is talking to the Redcoats in Part 7, Chapter 37, where does Murtagh pretend he wants to go?
(a) Wentworth Prison.
(c) Castle Leoch.
3. What does Jenny describe in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Learning to swim.
4. In Part 5, Chapter 33, who announces that the English have captured Jamie?
(a) Ronald MacNab.
5. Which object does the box of Jamie's personal effects, brought by the prison employee in Part 7, Chapter 35, NOT contain?
(a) A dried mole's foot.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A razor.
(d) A piece of glass.
6. What group of people do Claire and Murtagh meet near Belladrum in Part 6, Chapter 34?
(a) The Watch.
7. What is the name of the boy who was supposed to gather all the cattle before a coming storm?
8. What does MacRannoch send Jamie to give to Claire?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) A bearskin rug.
(c) Fine china.
(d) A pearl bracelet.
9. In Part 7, Chapter 39, what does Jamie hug when he will not touch Claire?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Brother Ambrose.
(c) His knees.
(d) His blankets.
10. How many Redcoats do Claire, Murtagh, and Jamie encounter while they are trying to get away from the area of Wentworth Prison?
11. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
(a) Captain Randall.
(b) Sir Fletcher Gordon.
(d) Ewan Crook.
12. When Claire goes to check on Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 40, who has been taking care of him?
(a) Brother Roger.
(b) Brother Ambrose.
(c) Abbot Alexander.
(d) Brother Polydore.
13. What color dress does Claire wear for the holiday events?
14. In Part 5, Chapter 32, what is Claire cooking for dessert?
(b) Brose pudding.
(c) Cherry cobbler.
15. As the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 41 mentions, where does Claire think she and Jamie might go after he heals?
(a) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Franciscan priest with whom Claire strikes up a friendship?
2. Who told Jamie that Claire is barren?
3. What does Jamie wear under his kilt when he is planning to get in the water and fix the water wheel?
4. What does the housekeeper of Lallybroch fix for Murtagh to eat?
5. According to Murtagh's story in Part 7, Chapter 36, who once killed a boar with a dagger?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)