|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is the dress made that Jenny is wearing in Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) White linen.
(b) Red wool.
(c) Yellow cotton.
(d) Blue silk.
2. How long does Jenny say it takes to make beeswax candles, from start to finish?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) A month.
3. When Claire goes to check on Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 40, who has been taking care of him?
(a) Brother Ambrose.
(b) Brother Roger.
(c) Brother Polydore.
(d) Abbot Alexander.
4. What name does Jenny call Jamie in Part 5, Chapter 31, while she is making him ready for the holiday?
(d) Mo duinne.
5. What is the name of Jamie's home?
(c) Loch Laird.
(d) Loch Ness.
6. Where does Claire hide her dagger in Part 7, Chapter 36, just in case she needs to face the English and defend herself and Jamie?
(a) In a sheath on her calf.
(b) In her dagger pocket.
(c) Rolled up in the back of her dress.
(d) In her sleeve.
7. Where did the English take Jamie?
(a) Fort William.
(c) Wentworth Prison.
8. Jamie shows Claire a letter from Abbot Alexander that introduces him to which personage?
(a) King James of Scotland.
(b) Richard the Lionhearted.
(d) Pope Pius X.
9. What is the name of the person Jenny ties to a tree in Part 5, Chapter 33?
(a) Ian Murray.
(b) Ronald MacNab.
(c) Robert MacDonald.
(d) Eustace MacGregor.
10. When does Jenny rejoin the family's goings-on after giving birth?
(a) The next day.
(b) A week later.
(c) Two months later.
(d) Three days later.
11. What group of people do Claire and Murtagh meet near Belladrum in Part 6, Chapter 34?
(c) The Watch.
12. Who helps Claire bring down Jamie's fever?
(a) Brother Polydore.
(b) Brother Ambrose.
(c) Father Anselm.
(d) Brother Bartolome.
13. At the end of Part 5, Chapter 30, what word does Jamie use to describe how he feels after having drunk with Ian?
14. What time of year is it at the end of the novel?
(b) Late winter.
15. Where is the abbey at which Claire, Murtagh, and Jamie arrive in Part 7, Chapter 38?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Murtagh's story in Part 7, Chapter 36, who once killed a boar with a dagger?
2. In Part 6, Chapter 34, where do Claire and Murtagh think Jamie is going?
3. What book does Claire read to try to ease the pain of having heard Jamie's story in Part 7, Chapter 39?
4. Where does Mrs. Crook do the laundry?
5. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)