|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 32, what is Claire cooking for dessert?
(b) Cherry cobbler.
(d) Brose pudding.
2. Claire realizes that any other doctor of the day would have fixed Jamie's hand by which method?
(a) Transplanting toes.
(c) A plaster cast.
(d) Salve and balm.
3. What book does Claire read to try to ease the pain of having heard Jamie's story in Part 7, Chapter 39?
(b) The Odyssey.
(d) The Bible.
4. What is the date scheduled for Jamie's execution?
(a) September 30.
(b) November 2.
(c) December 23.
(d) July 12.
5. When does Jenny rejoin the family's goings-on after giving birth?
(a) A week later.
(b) The next day.
(c) Two months later.
(d) Three days later.
6. What does MacRannoch send Jamie to give to Claire?
(a) A pearl bracelet.
(b) A ruby ring.
(c) Fine china.
(d) A bearskin rug.
7. When Claire goes to check on Jamie in Part 7, Chapter 40, who has been taking care of him?
(a) Brother Polydore.
(b) Abbot Alexander.
(c) Brother Roger.
(d) Brother Ambrose.
8. Jamie shows Claire a letter from Abbot Alexander that introduces him to which personage?
(a) Pope Pius X.
(b) King James of Scotland.
(d) Richard the Lionhearted.
9. Where does Claire hide her dagger in Part 7, Chapter 36, just in case she needs to face the English and defend herself and Jamie?
(a) In a sheath on her calf.
(b) In her sleeve.
(c) In her dagger pocket.
(d) Rolled up in the back of her dress.
10. What type of fish do the fish pools at the abbey contain?
11. At the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 36, Claire notes that her rescuer is wearing what?
(a) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(b) A long sword.
(c) A bearskin coat.
(d) A toupee.
12. When he is talking to the Redcoats in Part 7, Chapter 37, where does Murtagh pretend he wants to go?
(a) Castle Leoch.
(d) Wentworth Prison.
13. How old was Jamie when his father first beat him as punishment?
14. As Jamie tells Claire, what was the name by which Captain Randall called Jamie?
15. Whom does the messenger take Claire to see in Part 6, Chapter 34?
(b) Captain Randall.
(d) Geillis Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the story Jamie tells Claire, what did he call his father the last time he received a beating?
2. What time of year is it at the end of the novel?
3. If Murtagh, Jamie, and Claire are captured by English soldiers, what is Claire supposed to pretend to be?
4. While Ian and Jamie are discussing business in Part 5, Chapter 30, what is Claire doing?
5. As the beginning of Part 7, Chapter 41 mentions, where does Claire think she and Jamie might go after he heals?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)