|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper at Jamie's home?
(a) Mrs. Fitzgibbons.
(b) Mrs. Crook.
(c) Mrs. Horrocks.
(d) Mrs. Mackenzie.
2. What is the scent that bothers Jamie so much in Part 7, Chapter 38?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 32, what is Claire cooking for dessert?
(c) Cherry cobbler.
(d) Brose pudding.
4. Which object does the box of Jamie's personal effects, brought by the prison employee in Part 7, Chapter 35, NOT contain?
(a) A dried mole's foot.
(b) A razor.
(c) A piece of glass.
(d) A Bible.
5. According to Jamie's story to Claire, what did Randall give him to drink when he returned after having freed Claire from Wentworth Prison?
6. According to the story Jamie tells Claire, what did he call his father the last time he received a beating?
7. As Ian relates to Jamie, on what holiday did Jenny and he get married?
(a) St. Martin's Day.
(b) St. Anne's Day.
(c) Quarter Day.
(d) Ascension Sunday.
8. Which monk tends the abbey's greenhouse expertly, including watching over the growth of medicinal herbs?
(a) Brother Ambrose.
(b) Brother Bartolome.
(c) Abbot Alexander.
(d) Father Herbert.
9. When does Jenny rejoin the family's goings-on after giving birth?
(a) Two months later.
(b) A week later.
(c) The next day.
(d) Three days later.
10. What does Claire use to break the lock on the chains that bind Jamie?
(a) A knife.
(b) A mallet.
(c) An axe.
(d) A wooden plank.
11. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
(b) Sir Fletcher Gordon.
(c) Captain Randall.
(d) Ewan Crook.
12. What do Jamie and Ian do while Jenny is in labor?
(a) Tend the fields.
(b) Smoke cigars.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Get drunk.
13. How many sons does Mrs. MacNab have?
14. What is the name of Jamie's home?
(a) Loch Ness.
(b) Loch Laird.
15. What is the pet name by which Jamie calls Jenny?
(a) "Mo duinne."
(b) "Broch tuarach."
(c) "Mo cridh."
(d) "Je suis prest."
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress does Claire wear for the holiday events?
2. At the end of Part 5, Chapter 30, what word does Jamie use to describe how he feels after having drunk with Ian?
3. Where does Claire hide her dagger in Part 7, Chapter 36, just in case she needs to face the English and defend herself and Jamie?
4. Who told Jamie that Claire is barren?
5. Who helps Claire choose good medicinal herbs in Part 5, Chapter 28?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)