|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Frank and Claire go to observe the Scottish women's ancient rituals?
(a) Craigh na Dun.
(b) Castle Leoch.
(d) The pub.
2. What is the name of the midwife?
(a) Mrs. Martins.
(b) Mrs. MacNab.
(c) Mrs. Crook.
(d) Mrs. Fitzgibbons.
3. What is Jamie's cousin, Alexander Fraser, by way of profession?
(a) An abbot.
(b) A professor.
(c) A physician.
(d) A journalist.
4. What is the first medical procedure that Claire performs in her new surroundings?
(a) Curing a bacterial infection.
(b) Pushing a man's arm back into the shoulder socket.
(c) Removing an appendix.
(d) Stitching up a musket wound.
5. Whom does Claire see unexpectedly at the end of Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) Corporal Hawkins.
(b) Captain Randall.
(c) Geillis Duncan.
(d) Colum Mackenzie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Franciscan priest with whom Claire strikes up a friendship?
2. Who is in charge of Wentworth Prison?
3. What is the name of the boy who was supposed to gather all the cattle before a coming storm?
4. What is the last name that Claire uses in her new life in the eighteenth century?
5. Captain Randall's speech carries the accent of which geographical area?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)