Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
• Claire Randall and her husband Frank are living in Scotland in the year 1945.
• Frank and Claire observe the rituals of a group of Scottish women at Craigh na Dun; the women dress in white and perform a significant dance.
• Later, Claire returns to the hill and experiences an odd sensation when she walks between two large stones.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
• Claire wakes up from her fall and meets a man who looks like Frank, but who is not Frank.
• From her surroundings, she deduces that she is in the eighteenth century.
• She meets Dougal Mackenzie and his band of fighting men, including the very wounded man Jamie.
• The group returns to Castle Leoch, where Claire is able to find food and shelter for the time being while she tends Jamie's wounds.
Part 1, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6
• In Chapter 5, Claire meets Colum Mackenzie and tells...
This section contains 2,078 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)