|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Professor Dipple?
2. What does Viv refer to Big Ben as?
3. Where had Viv been enrolled in college?
4. Which of the following did not set a precedent for Viv's life?
5. What do the women drink after the photographer leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Canoe's latest initiative for the women?
2. Why are the women meeting at the hospice?
3. How does the group meeting at the hospice end on this day?
4. What is the reason for the party Canoe is hosting today?
5. What is the setting for this section?
7. Describe the scenario of Louise's photo shoot and the reactions of the other women present.
8. Why does the photographer leave and then return?
9. Explain the metaphor of the fox and the foxhunt.
10. Why will the women spend Christmas at the hospice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Barbara. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s. Why would Viv's friends consider her ex-husband, Clark, to be less of a person because of his presumed homosexuality? How does the group of women accept the lesbian relationship of Carmen and Suzie several years later?
Essay Topic 3
Develop a character study of Him. What are his physical characteristics? What emotional hold does he hold over all the women? What does he signify in the women's lives?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)