|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the options the women consider after the meeting?
2. What does Barbara have to showcase her marriage to Charles in 1953?
3. With what did the person in #148 try to escape?
4. What did Louise name her daughter in deference to her husband's wishes?
5. What do the women pause to look at as they leave the hospice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Viv sell herself out by giving in to societal norms?
2. What was Viv's decision-making process about her life's direction?
3. What do the women discuss about the properties of words and lines they read?
4. Describe the sad Christmas spent by the women at the hospice.
5. What do the women worry about regarding Him and their daughters?
7. What is the setting of this section?
8. How does the group meeting at the hospice end on this day?
9. How does the author exhibit the circle of life in this section?
10. Describe the scenario of Louise's photo shoot and the reactions of the other women present.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the women mean by "Beginning of the End" when they tell each other their life stories? Viv is the last to tell her "Beginning of the End" story and it seems most appropriate for all the women whose endings actually began at the beginnings. What does the author mean by this?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Him with Pips Phelp. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Barbara. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)