|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did the person in #148 try to escape?
2. What happens while Louise is having her photos taken?
3. What is not one of the things Professor Dipple and Cilla Whitney ask Viv when she wants to leave school?
4. What type of meeting are the women having at the hospice?
5. With all the women, the beginning of the end came ____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main entertainment at the birthday party?
2. What is the setting for this section?
3. How does Viv reconcile leaving school and getting married?
4. Why are the women meeting at the hospice?
5. What is the significance of the girls flirting with the boys in the park?
6. How do Judy's friends integrate and make themselves welcome with the other hospice guests?
7. What is the setting for this section?
8. What do the women discuss about the properties of words and lines they read?
9. What is the setting of this section?
10. How did Viv sell herself out by giving in to societal norms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Canoe, Barbara, Viv and Louise. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Him. What are his physical characteristics? What emotional hold does he hold over all the women? What does he signify in the women's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of the goose eggs. How do they relate to Megan's recent suicide? How do they relate to Barbara's ambivalence as a mother? Are there any other significant meanings that the eggs add to the story?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)