Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women fear that Him will discover?
2. How well does Viv know Don when they marry?
3. What is not one of the things Professor Dipple and Cilla Whitney ask Viv when she wants to leave school?
4. How did her mentors learn that Viv was leaving school?
5. What does Barbara have to showcase her golfing skill?
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
Explain the nature of this book and why the author created it the way she did. Why did she choose to create a collection of short stories to tell the women's stories? Is it effective? How is it different from reading a regular novel? How is it the same?
Who are the warriors in the chapter entitled "Warriors"? Is it immediately clear who they are? Why does the author call them by this name? What battle are they waging? Are they winning the war? Are there any characters who do not fall into the category of warriors? Explain.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)