Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women fear that Him will discover?
2. How well does Viv know Don when they marry?
3. What is not one of the things Professor Dipple and Cilla Whitney ask Viv when she wants to leave school?
4. How did her mentors learn that Viv was leaving school?
5. What does Barbara have to showcase her golfing skill?
Essay Topic 1
Esther is clearly different from all the other women in the group. Describe Esther's role in the story and why the author chose to insert her character, even if for just a short while, in the novel. What can the other women learn from Esther? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Esther. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the warriors in the chapter entitled "Warriors"? Is it immediately clear who they are? Why does the author call them by this name? What battle are they waging? Are they winning the war? Are there any characters who do not fall into the category of warriors? Explain.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)