Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women fear that Him will discover?
2. How well does Viv know Don when they marry?
3. What is not one of the things Professor Dipple and Cilla Whitney ask Viv when she wants to leave school?
4. How did her mentors learn that Viv was leaving school?
5. What does Barbara have to showcase her golfing skill?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Barbara. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s when the women in the novel are beginning their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Develop a character study of Him. What are his physical characteristics? What emotional hold does he hold over all the women? What does he signify in the women's lives?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)