|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the babies at the photo session?
2. What does the instructor ask Viv to do?
3. With what did the person in #148 try to escape?
4. What does Barbara place side-by-side in this section?
5. What is one of Judy's jobs at the hospice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the photographer leave and then return?
2. Why will the women spend Christmas at the hospice?
3. What is the main entertainment at the birthday party?
4. What is the setting for this section?
5. What is Canoe's latest initiative for the women?
6. What is the setting for this section?
7. What was Viv's decision-making process about her life's direction?
8. What does Louise share about Him trying to escape from the Center?
9. Describe the sad Christmas spent by the women at the hospice.
10. How do the women feel about their lives since giving birth to their daughters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the women mean by "Beginning of the End" when they tell each other their life stories? Viv is the last to tell her "Beginning of the End" story and it seems most appropriate for all the women whose endings actually began at the beginnings. What does the author mean by this?
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Him. What are his physical characteristics? What emotional hold does he hold over all the women? What does he signify in the women's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Canoe. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)