Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women fear that Him will discover?
2. How well does Viv know Don when they marry?
3. What is not one of the things Professor Dipple and Cilla Whitney ask Viv when she wants to leave school?
4. How did her mentors learn that Viv was leaving school?
5. What does Barbara have to showcase her golfing skill?
Explain the nature of this book and why the author created it the way she did. Why did she choose to create a collection of short stories to tell the women's stories? Is it effective? How is it different from reading a regular novel? How is it the same?
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Canoe, Barbara, Viv and Louise. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
In "Intervention" the author writes, "We have seen a lot, it's true, but know so little. How were we to learn? Years ago we were led down the primrose lane, then abandoned somewhere near the carp pond. Suffice it to say there is little nourishment here and the carp have grown strange cancers. When we look in their pond we see them beneath our own watery faces." What does the author want the reader to take away from these statements? What is your interpretation of the statements? Explain.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)