|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which holiday is approaching?
2. Where does Canoe stop so the girls can model their hats?
3. What type of meeting are the women having at the hospice?
4. Which of the following is not one of the options the women consider after the meeting?
5. What kind of party did Canoe have when she turned 12?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the metaphor of the foxhunt. What do the hounds represent? What does the mechanical fox represent? Why did the author choose to insert this scene into the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Him with Pips Phelp. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Canoe. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)