|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Viv take any further classes?
2. Where do the women assemble for their meeting?
3. Who tried to escape the alcohol treatment center?
4. What news had Viv once given Professor Dipple and Cilla Whitney that displeased them?
5. What color is the Christmas tree the women put up at the hospice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the women feel about their lives since giving birth to their daughters?
2. Describe the scenario of Louise's photo shoot and the reactions of the other women present.
3. What is Canoe's latest initiative for the women?
5. What is the significance of the girls flirting with the boys in the park?
6. How does the group meeting at the hospice end on this day?
7. What is the main entertainment at the birthday party?
8. What is the setting of this section?
9. How does Louise's photo shoot come to an end?
10. What do the girls and women do after they have had sandwiches and cake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Esther is clearly different from all the other women in the group. Describe Esther's role in the story and why the author chose to insert her character, even if for just a short while, in the novel. What can the other women learn from Esther? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Him with Pips Phelp. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Canoe. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)