Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women fear that Him will discover?
2. How well does Viv know Don when they marry?
3. What is not one of the things Professor Dipple and Cilla Whitney ask Viv when she wants to leave school?
4. How did her mentors learn that Viv was leaving school?
5. What does Barbara have to showcase her golfing skill?
Essay Topic 1
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Canoe. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by giving her book this title? Does it imply exclusivity or ostracizing? Do the women feel proud to be one of "our kind"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)