|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Viv expect to return to school?
2. What is the name of Viv's husband?
3. Which holiday is approaching?
4. What does Viv instinctively know when she marries Don?
5. What dance do the women do after dinner at the hospice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group meeting at the hospice end on this day?
2. Describe the scenario of Louise's photo shoot and the reactions of the other women present.
3. Explain the metaphor of the fox and the foxhunt.
4. Why does the photographer leave and then return?
6. How do the women feel about their lives since giving birth to their daughters?
7. Why is Viv's "beginning of the end" most significant for all the women?
8. How does Louise's photo shoot come to an end?
9. How did Viv sell herself out by giving in to societal norms?
10. What does Louise share about Him trying to escape from the Center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Esther. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Walbert use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)