|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the creative outlet for the women?
2. Where had Viv been enrolled in college?
3. Where does Viv take any further classes?
4. What does Gay gather during the foxhunt?
5. Who will teach the classes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women discuss about the properties of words and lines they read?
2. Explain the metaphor of the fox and the foxhunt.
3. How does the group meeting at the hospice end on this day?
4. How do Judy's friends integrate and make themselves welcome with the other hospice guests?
5. What do the women mean about the beginning of the end?
6. Describe the sad Christmas spent by the women at the hospice.
7. Who is the popular child-rearing expert whose advice the women closely follow?
9. Why does the photographer leave and then return?
10. What is the setting for this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s. Why would Viv's friends consider her ex-husband, Clark, to be less of a person because of his presumed homosexuality? How does the group of women accept the lesbian relationship of Carmen and Suzie several years later?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the goose eggs. How do they relate to Megan's recent suicide? How do they relate to Barbara's ambivalence as a mother? Are there any other significant meanings that the eggs add to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Esther. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)