|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Canoe bring to the craft session?
2. Where is the group gathering in this section?
3. With what did the person in #148 try to escape?
4. Which of the women leads the book club discussion?
5. Which of the women is pregnant and arrives after the photographer leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the girls flirting with the boys in the park?
2. Explain the metaphor of the fox and the foxhunt.
3. How does the author exhibit the circle of life in this section?
4. What do the girls and women do after they have had sandwiches and cake?
5. What is the main entertainment at the birthday party?
6. What do the women mean about the beginning of the end?
7. Why is Viv's "beginning of the end" most significant for all the women?
8. Why will the women spend Christmas at the hospice?
9. How did Viv sell herself out by giving in to societal norms?
10. How does the group meeting at the hospice end on this day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
OUR KIND is a classic circle of life story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Him with Pips Phelp. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Esther. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)